980 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,683

Post Reply Email Thread
2nd March 2013, 04:38 AM |#1011  
Flag Lost Angeles
Thanks Meter: 688

More
Re: [ROM] MIUIAndroid - MIUIv4 - Build VI [3.1.13]
Yo strummer I read somewhere tht miui is gonna release v5 r u getting in on tht??..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

2nd March 2013, 05:10 AM |#1012  
OP Senior Member
Flag Glendale, AZ

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy38

Dumb question. Which file do I download I see build vi and v boot sure which is the latest. Thanks

Build VI will be up as soon as I get a final confirmation of the bugs I need to fix from my Testers over @ Google+.

For now, Build V is the latest although outdated.
The Following User Says Thank You to StrumerJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StrumerJohn Ad-Free
2nd March 2013, 05:11 AM |#1013  
Ann Arbor, MI
Thanks Meter: 326

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGDROID25

Yo strummer I read somewhere tht miui is gonna release v5 r u getting in on tht??..

His post a few before yours says the upcoming update will be his last. We were lucky to have as much of his time as we did. Maybe another dev will take an interest in MIUI in the future.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to unhappybirthday For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift unhappybirthday Ad-Free
2nd March 2013, 05:23 AM |#1014  
OP Senior Member
Flag Glendale, AZ

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGDROID25

MIUI has selectively released v5 already.

Sadly I really don't have much time left in my schedule for doing ROM updates. I planned on doing some weeklies for you guys with v4 as I FINALLY got things smooth and transferable between base updates, but unfortunately Xiaomi picked the EOL date of v4 as soon as I figured out how to get weeklies going nicely.

Working with AOSP-- well not even... Working with MIUI is a giant pain in the butt and takes a lot of effort and time. I do put effort in to everything I do so I can't say that I don't have that, but time is something I lack at the moment.

Well that and the fact I've been very stressed out lately.
I've managed to get myself in way too many extra-circular activities, I do college classes for my sister and brother-in-law, I get bullied for being a gay-nerd/geek, I take ALL honors/AP courses in school, and a lot of other issues have sprung up lately...

It really was fun though. I don't regret getting into dramatic forum arguments over this ROM, or opening up several threads about it. I love MIUI and I loved making it an enjoyable experience for this device. I mean it wasn't just me, Bleelas, and others have helped as well but it did take a lot out of us. That being said I'm not dropping all my development / support. I will still release tiny patches for Build VI to fix any tiny bugs you guys may encounter.
I however will not be making another Build anytime soon. Or a v5 to that matter.

If anyone wants to start working on v5 and wants to work with me part-time then I can and will definitely do that. I just don't have time to take things on full-force on my own or be the main developer.

Thanks for making my developing experience such a stunning epoch in my life!
Build VI should be out tomorrow. I'm still waiting on word from my testers on some things, but I AM working on the ROM as I type right now.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to StrumerJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StrumerJohn Ad-Free
2nd March 2013, 05:37 AM |#1015  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
You do its 12:36 right

2nd March 2013, 05:38 AM |#1016  
OP Senior Member
Flag Glendale, AZ

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by makmoneynslp

You do its 12:36 right

Hm? I'm west coast. It's still fairly early into the night here.

Tomorrow meaning Saturday for me.
2nd March 2013, 06:12 AM |#1017  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 5,170

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrumerJohn

Hm? I'm west coast. It's still fairly early into the night here.

Tomorrow meaning Saturday for me.

real early im here working on MIUI for the Note 2 at 1am
2nd March 2013, 06:26 AM |#1018  
OP Senior Member
Flag Glendale, AZ

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo4gnoob

real early im here working on MIUI for the Note 2 at 1am

Sprint Note II or International or Verizon? :P

Also, you plan on porting off of Build VI?
2nd March 2013, 06:27 AM |#1019  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 5,170

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sprint Note II or International or Verizon? :P

Also, you plan on porting off of Build VI?

Sprint

and yes if its okay with you
2nd March 2013, 06:42 AM |#1020  
Flag Lost Angeles
Thanks Meter: 688

More
Quote:

MIUI has selectively released v5 already.

Sadly I really don't have much time left in my schedule for doing ROM updates. I planned on doing some weeklies for you guys with v4 as I FINALLY got things smooth and transferable between base updates, but unfortunately Xiaomi picked the EOL date of v4 as soon as I figured out how to get weeklies going nicely.

Working with AOSP-- well not even... Working with MIUI is a giant pain in the butt and takes a lot of effort and time. I do put effort in to everything I do so I can't say that I don't have that, but time is something I lack at the moment.

Well that and the fact I've been very stressed out lately.
I've managed to get myself in way too many extra-circular activities, I do college classes for my sister and brother-in-law, I get bullied for being a gay-nerd/geek, I take ALL honors/AP courses in school, and a lot of other issues have sprung up lately...

It really was fun though. I don't regret getting into dramatic forum arguments over this ROM, or opening up several threads about it. I love MIUI and I loved making it an enjoyable experience for this device. I mean it wasn't just me, Bleelas, and others have helped as well but it did take a lot out of us. That being said I'm not dropping all my development / support. I will still release tiny patches for Build VI to fix any tiny bugs you guys may encounter.
I however will not be making another Build anytime soon. Or a v5 to that matter.

If anyone wants to start working on v5 and wants to work with me part-time then I can and will definitely do that. I just don't have time to take things on full-force on my own or be the main developer.

Thanks for making my developing experience such a stunning epoch in my life!
Build VI should be out tomorrow. I'm still waiting on word from my testers on some things, but I AM working on the ROM as I type right now.

Well let me say thank u for all ur time and contributions to ur great roms.. It has been very much appreciated.. I think it's great tht ur freaking smart and taking honors ap classes I wish when I was n skool I would have taken it as serious as u have.. I mite have ended up being something better than a dental Assistant lmao.. As far as getting bullied I'm sorry u have to go through tht, getting bullied for anything is very tough let alone the fact tht u choose a different sexual preference which shouldn't mean **** but sadly our progress n humanity hasn't grown much.. Stay strong and no tht some day those lames will cut ur grass or wash ur car or may even work for u.. Keep up the great work.. That m u again for everything..

Btw where west coast are u??.. I'm also west coast I notice there's more south and east coast on these forums.. Lol

2nd March 2013, 11:27 AM |#1021  
OP Senior Member
Flag Glendale, AZ

Donate to Me
More
Battery Full MIUI v4 Updated!
The Last Version of MIUI is out!

What's new?
Code:
================================================
  MIUIAndroid - MIUI Build VI – 3/2/13  12:00
================================================
-	Removed Nightly “Tests”
-	Reverted all Nightly Changes
-	Rebased and Rebuilt from the Ground Up from:
- MIUI Base (3.2.22)
- CyanogenMod Base (10.0 STABLE – Final Release)
-	Updated RIL
-	“Fixed” 4G LTE
-	New 2G->3G->4G Handlings / Handoffs
-	New Verizon->Sprint->Other Roaming Handlings / Handoffs
-	Added “Global” Network Properties from TouchWiz
-	New APNs added
-	Services.jar Patched to fix Webkit Issues
-	Kernel updated and changed to Ktoonsez latest AOSP JB Kernel
-	Removed NavBar Modifications; sorry guys it’s just too buggy
-	META-INF Install Script overhauled
- Removed wipe on cache, davlik cache, and data
- Removed needless comments
- Removed empty lines
- New backup script included to protect against bad flashes
- New headers and warning with delay for battery pulls if needed
- Wipes System, and now finally Cache and (NOT your apps and stuff) Data efficiently
- Wipes old MIUI Cache files, folders, etc
- Wipes old TouchWiz Cache files, folders, etc
- Wipes old “Generic” or Stock Android folders not needed
- Fixed issue with failure status #7 that led to ROM not being installed first few flashes
- Updated GAPPS permissions
- Reorganized for installation optimization
- Optimizes phone partitions for installation of MIUI
-	Build.prop rebuilt and overhauled
- Battery Optimizations
- Performance Optimizations
- Proper MIUI Build set
- Proper Build date and time set
- Set Carrier to Verizon Wireless from “Unknown”
- Removed CM OTA Update Junk
-	Reverted Camera Libs to fix Flash, Camera, and Torch
-	Updated GPS.config For better, faster, stronger, lockdown
- Changed servers to North America
- Changed servers to USA
-	Updated AGPS data
-	Updated Fonts
-	Media Folder updated to latest MIUI’s
-	New Media Added (Added latest MI Tones, Sounds, etc and CyanogenMod Tones, Sounds, etc, and TouchWiz Tones, Sounds, etc)
-	Added Splashscreen back
-	New Wallpapers Added
-	New default theme properties
-	Fixed Flash Player Issues
-	Fixed Browser Force Closes
-	Fixed Music Player Force Closes
-	Fixed Theming issues where themes wouldn’t fully apply
-	Fixed Voicemail download problems (They still need a few minutes to load after you log in though)
-	Adjusted MMS compression a little bit higher so pictures don’t look like pixels
-	Fix in Voice Input Services where Microphone for input would recognize speech and light up gray, but never fully make it to recognizable red
-	Fix overheating issues phone would have occasionally
-	Fix Superuser issues where access was granted but parts of root access were still denied
-	Fixed permissions for GAPPS
-	Added in support / framework for Google 4.2 Jellybean Camera (Will be an Add-on)
-	Fixed issue with Face Unlock not appearing on Lock Screen
-	CyanogenMod’s Samsung Galaxy S III Settings added
-	Minimum Brightness is now lower!
-	Maximum Brightness is now higher!
-	Fix Emoji issues in Messaging app—they show now!
-	Updated MIUI Translations
-	Updated CyanogenMod Translations
-	Removed ICS/JB (4.1) Keyboard / Input
-	Added Audio Enhancements; Bravia, Beats, and more!
-	Updated All MIUI Apps
-	Included MI Keyboard
-	Updated MI Notes
-	Included MI Equalizer
-	Updated MIUI US Weather App
-	Included MIUI Weather Widget
-	Updated Trebuchet CyanogenMod Launcher
-	Included latest Adobe Flash Player – It’s also in Data/App so it’s delete-able!
-	Included KTweaker App for Kernel
-	Updated MI Home Launcher
-	Updated MI Compass
-	Updated MI Gallery
-	Updated MI Music
-	Updated MI File Explorer
-	Updated MI Stats
-	Updated MI VideoPlayer
-	Updated MI MusicFX
-	Updated Calculator
-	Updated Downloads
-	Updated JB Control Panel
-	Updated Verizon Apps*
-	Updated Google Apps*
-	Updated Superuser
-	Zip Aligned
-	Zip Signed
-	Other Minor Bug Fixes
What doesn't work?
Code:
- No Major Issues Exist
Where can I get it?

Build VI:
http://d-h.st/erQ
MD5: 80733b14a9e00f7e374e1f51107a85d1

How do I install it?
Code:
1. Place ROM zip file in your SD card
2. Boot into recovery
3. Create a backup
4. Factory reset device (Wipe Data and Cache) and wipe Dalvik Cache
5. Install zip from SD card
Build VI FAQ:

Code:
[Q] Dev-Host is not loading for me! Help! What did I do wrong?!
A. Relax. You didn't do anything wrong. First of all check what browser you're using; if you're using Internet Explorer, go ahead and close it and delete system32 (J/K). --1. Make sure that your browser is up to date. If the issue still exists, make sure that your anti-virus software or firewall is not blocking dev-host. Sometimes our malware guardians overeat to shortened URLs and tend to freak out over some like "d-h.st". If you're still experiencing issues, contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and double check that they haven't blocked dev-host from you.

[Q] How do I install this?
A. There's steps in the first post above, but if you insist on me reiterating: First download it and put it on your phone. Then reboot into the recovery. Lastly, wipe Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache then Install the ZIP file.

[Q] Why am I getting an Install Error?
A. Well I'm not sure actually. It's something you're experiencing on your end. To keep you from having to redownload the ROM again, check to see if your Recovery is up to date first. I recommend the latest version of TWRP. If you're still having issues then redownload the ROM as your download may have gotten mistakenly corrupted as data packets were being transferred from dev-host to your computer or from your computer to your phone.

[Q] Why am I bootlooping?
A. Well I'm not sure actually. It's something you're experiencing on your end. To begin with however, pull out your battery then put it back in your phone. It should be off now. NOW hold down Power, Volume UP, and Home Key all at the same time so that your phone reboots into the recovery. Now wipe data, and cache and flash the ROM again. If the issue still persists, check to make sure that your recovery is up to date and or that you have a copy of the ROM that did not corrupt at all when downloading.

[Q] Why is it taking so long for my device to turn back on?
A. Well usually the first boot on any ROM takes awhile as the phone is preparing the system as it would as if the phone was new. Give the phone about 5 minutes to perform the initial boot. If it still gets stuck, then you may be bootlooping.

[Q] Why won't the keyboard pop up?!
A. Egh. I hate this. It's not really a bug or an issue it's just that the stupid MIUI Tutorial text at the notification bar prevents it from popping up the first few times. Try and get the tutorial text to go away and then re-hit the text field that you wanted to type in again.

[Q] Why is the launcher a bit laggy after booting up?
A. It is still preparing all of your apps and possible actions you may do (e.g. swipe left)

[Q] Why does the Recorder App give me an error?
A. Because you need to go into it's settings and change the file record type to 3gpp to AMR

[Q] Why doesn't the NavBar work in the JB Control Panel?
A. Because I removed it's functionality as it caused major issues.

[Q] Why isn't MI Camera included in this?
A. It's not included in almost any MIUI JellyBean ROM because it's proprietary to the MI-Phones. 

[Q] Why aren't my Voicemails playing or loading?
A. They take a few minutes to initially load off of Verizon's Servers and Download

[Q] Why are there multiple weather widgets?
A. One (maybe two) are for the Chinese and International Weather services and then one is for the app that is for USA Weather

[Q] How do I get the USA Weather Widget to load?
A. Open up the app first and add your city

[Q] Why does the USA Weather App has displaced sides?
A. Because it wasn't made for HD Screens. And no I won't and can't fix it.

[Q] Why does the Download Manager keep yelling at me whenever I try to download things?
A. Because Xiaomi was stupid and made a stupid prompt that is broken on a ton of variants of MIUI. To fix it (semi), open the app called Downloads (under Tools folder), then tap menu, then settings, then change the File Size Limit from 1M to 10M and then slide the "data download prompt" slider off.

[Q] Why doesn't my NFC work?
A. It should. If it doesn't then you must have been living under a rock for the past half a year because all it takes to fix it was to be on TouchWiz Jellybean and toggle it.

[Q] When will this get another Build update?
A. Never from me anytime soon. v4 has hit it's EOL officially from Xiaomi and I don't have time to start building v5 from scratch

[Q] We really want you to keep updating this though?!
A. Motivate me with cash lol x)

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to StrumerJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StrumerJohn Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)