[PORT][WIP][05 Oct] J.Y.Daddy ROMs on MilestoneXT720 2.1 SBF -- sensors work

Search This thread

islubio

Mar 28, 2010
I m using J.Y.Daddy's CM-7.1.0-11.09.30
It says i have 173mb internal n currently i have 25.5 mb free.
But i have quite some app installed. So i m guessing that the davik is on phone.
Anyone know if i move it over to sdcard?

radite

Jul 16, 2010
Indonesia
Well, maybe. I think it's more likely that I figure it out by working on both. I'm feeling a little stuck with the camera and need some new ideas. It's interestting that the camera on CM7 here doesn't have the line noise, but it does seem noisier overall but with a more random snow. From my point of view, there's a lot of blackbox voodoo going on with the Motorola binary blobs that we have to use. Looking at other ROMs and comparing helps me formulate ideas when I'm stuck. Don't worry... CM6 is still my everyday/primary/stable ROM and I'm definately not finished with it.
how about FM radio it's possible to activated again ?

Mioze7Ae

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
how about FM radio it's possible to activated again ?

Maybe, but probably not soon. I won't have a good feel for it before I finish FM on CM6. Once we know how to fix it in source, probably parts that need to be modified can be rebuilt from nadlabak's source. But it may also be possible to steal things from defy because from what I understand the use the same chip for FM.

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using xda premium

Reactions: 3rdstring

jetx10gerff

Dec 28, 2009
why 'move to sdcard' isn't working anymore on miui? All my apps are now in internal memory.Is this because of the patch? I remember trying motoroi miui and it worked just fine in this respect

peshovec

Nov 11, 2010
There does seem to also be a sleeping problem. I've seen a few reboots after it's gone to sleep and a few times it refuses to wake.

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using xda premium

I have experienced similar problems (eclair and froyo), when i was playing with the power save settings, and the omaps vdd ones.

may be it is related.

p.s. i did not try yet the cm7, but many "roms" i have studied, had applied the vdd and powersave features by default

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
This the deal apps to sdcard is broken or not compatible.
If you full cm7 you will to still flash the korean 2.2.1 sbf.

Sent from my XT720 using XDA Premium App

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
What sbf did you use and you did not answer that.
Your one of only with apps to sdcard that is working.

AA1973

Thanks @Mioze and @mchlbenner

I didn't know that this bug is known or/and the feature is missing.
I did have the problem with ext4 not working as well on XDA special. As I am only testing today there is no problem for me. I will downgrade to CM6 again tonight ★
So far it seems to me quite nice knowing that it is at the start for GB ...
Nevertheless thumbs up for the update patch, so I was able to flash these ones (CM7 + MIUI) while being on the phone.

Sent from my XT720 using XDA App

Last edited:

islubio

Mar 28, 2010

I already mentioned it twice....

I m using J.Y.Daddy's CM-7.1.0-11.09.30

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

I already mentioned it twice....

I m using J.Y.Daddy's CM-7.1.0-11.09.30.
Ok sbf... I must be dreaming.... I m using singapore sbf

peshovec

Nov 11, 2010
The Motoroi XT720 and Milestone A853 both use the LIS331DLH chip, but Milestone XT720 uses the KXTF9. These chips don't work when running mis-matched SBFs and it looks like modifying the Motoroi sbf/kernel to support the MilestoneXT720's chip is going to be a significant challenge. A simpler approach is to port the ROMs to run on the MilestoneXT720 sbf/kernel.

it seems, that the sensor framework is somehow changed...

anyway, the automatic brightness work, the other dosent works...

in cm7 there is reference in libsystem_server.so to libsensorservice.so
(in froyo and ecliar there is not)

i found that defy is similar

https://github.com/CyanogenDefy/and...81e88abe0a837c441464d503ff271806bd/libsensors

have tried the relevant (compiled) libsensorsservice.so, also have tried different (as of Android.mk in the above link) names in /system/lib/hw ...

anyway no luck at all...

always got this at early boot (and sensors dosent work)
D/SensorService( 1829): nuSensorService starting...
E/SensorService( 1829): couldn't open device for module sensors (Invalid argument

p.s. (have tried also putting some entries in /etc/sensors.conf , but again no luck...
Code:
# Setup AKM897x axis
ak897xorientation_axis_map = 0,1,2
ak897xorientation_axis_sign = 1,1,-1
ak897xmagnetic_axis_map = 1,0,2
ak897xmagnetic_axis_sign = -1,1,1
)

p.p.s. sorry,but still i am not able to clone and compile. else i i'd like to test the above mentioned sources:) again our kernel ...)

Mioze7Ae

Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
p.p.s. sorry,but still i am not able to clone and compile. else i i'd like to test the above mentioned sources:) again our kernel ...)

Initial checkout seems a real pain.

I've been trying to checkout nadlabak's CM7 (supposedly all of CM7 is available in the CM repositories on github--just not the stuff needed for CM6) and it's giving me a really hard time because the repository for repo is down. I tried making my own clone of the repo repository and changing the internal urls to point to the cline, but it refuses to "repo init" because of signature problems. I saw there is some mechanism for "redirecting" repositories in the global git config--basically a config option that does something like "use this uri instead of this uri". I think it should be possible to use that option with the github.com/android version of repo, but I haven't had a chance to try that yet. I am definitely using repo init --mirror in the future. What a goat screw.

Last edited:
Reactions: peshovec

Mioze7Ae

Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
Ok, I got "repo init" to work at least. This is what I did:
  • Modify ~/.gitconfig to add this:
    Code:
    [url "git://github.com/android/tools_repo.git"]
         insteadOf = git://android.git.kernel.org/tools/repo.git
  • mkdir ~/gingerbread ; cd ~/gingerbread
  • wget https://github.com/android/tools_repo/raw/master/repo
  • chmod +x ./repo
  • ./repo init -u git://github.com/nadlabak/android.git -b gingerbread
repo sync is running now. I'll let you know if it succeeds or not...

Edit: sync succeeded. I'll try to build umts_sholes (A853) first with no modifications. Then I'll try substituting our sensor drivers and see what happens.

Last edited:

SickBeast

May 15, 2011
Thank-you to everyone who is involved in porting CM7 to the XT720. I'm looking forward to using it. I've been thoroughly enjoying CM6.3.

ahhavmt

Jun 19, 2011
Ho Chi Minh
Oh great! Thanks for your share, and i have some problem:
- Can not install some app.
- No rotaion for screen
- Sometime, it reboot when open some app (with my phone is: market,Map,other...)
- Dump.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    J.Y.Daddy has done a great job porting Milestone ROMs (esp. Gingerbread ROMs) to the Motoroi XT720!

Unfortunately, there are some problems when running these on Milestone XT720. J.Y.Daddy's ROMs are configured to run on the Motoroi XT720 2.2.1 50R SBF. This makes sampling these ROMs tedious on Milestone XT720 hardware.

The Motoroi XT720 and Milestone XT720 are almost-identical but the hardware differs in some subtle ways. Most noticeable is the difference in compass and orientation sensors. The Motoroi XT720 and Milestone A853 both use the LIS331DLH chip, but Milestone XT720 uses the KXTF9. These chips don't work when running mis-matched SBFs and it looks like modifying the Motoroi sbf/kernel to support the MilestoneXT720's chip is going to be a significant challenge. A simpler approach is to port the ROMs to run on the MilestoneXT720 sbf/kernel.

This is a small update to apply after flashing J.Y.Daddy's ROMs that will enable them to boot on Milestone XT720 running the native SBF. Sensors and App2SD work now.

Tested ROMs
    I have tested this (in the sense that the ROMs can be installed and booted successfully to the launcher) with these ROMs running on the Cincinnati Bell STR_U2_04.1E.1 sbf (other 2.1 SBFs are expected to be no problem):
    • CM-7-11.09.29-NIGHTLY-XT720-J.Y.Daddy.zip
    • CronosX-1.6.1-XT720-J.Y.Daddy.zip
    • HO!NO!-CM7.1.0-RC15-11.09.28-XT720-J.Y.Daddy.zip
    • iceandfire-v3.1-XT720-J.Y.Daddy.zip
    • MIUI-1.9.9-XT720-J.Y.Daddy.zip
    Links for these ROMs can be found on J.Y.Daddy's thread.

Instructions (e.g. CM-7-11.09.29-NIGHTLY-XT720-J.Y.Daddy.zip):
    • Download CM-7-11.09.29-NIGHTLY-XT720-J.Y.Daddy.zip from J.Y.Daddy's thread.
    • Download the attached update-MilestoneXT720-bootfix-20111005-1154.zip
    • Place both files in /sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates
    • Boot into OpenRecovery
    • OR > Apply Update > CM-7-11.09.29-NIGHTLY-XT720-J.Y.Daddy.zip
    • OR > Apply Update > update-MilestoneXT720-bootfix-20111005-1154.zip
    • OR > Wipe Data / Factory Reset
    • Reboot

The update currently performs the following actions:
    • Replaces /system/lib/hw with Milestone XT720 versions
    • Replaces a few other binaries needed for boot
    • Replaces the baseband with Dexter's 1.3 version
    • Sets default language/locale to en/US
    I have working sensors! (The droid2 {not droid2we} libsensors happened to match our hardware so that was pretty easy). I have to be away from my computer for a bit but I'll have a new update by tomorrow (there's some other module work that needs to be done too). cvpcs's Sensor Dump app shows all sensors working.

For the impatient and adept: the replacement /system/lib/hw/sensors.sholes.so is attached. You also have to change /dev/lis331dlh to /dev/kxtf9 everywhere in /system/etc/rootfs/init.mapphone_umts.rc
    8 or 9 build attemp.
    http://xt720.ru/Files/Mods/cm7/update-cm-7.1.0-MilestoneXT720-alpha-signed.zip

after make clean i making build in about 90 mins.
    i was thinking if you manage to fix the camera on cm6, then it should be easier on cm7 too right?

Well, maybe. I think it's more likely that I figure it out by working on both. I'm feeling a little stuck with the camera and need some new ideas. It's interestting that the camera on CM7 here doesn't have the line noise, but it does seem noisier overall but with a more random snow. From my point of view, there's a lot of blackbox voodoo going on with the Motorola binary blobs that we have to use. Looking at other ROMs and comparing helps me formulate ideas when I'm stuck. Don't worry... CM6 is still my everyday/primary/stable ROM and I'm definately not finished with it.