[REQUEST][FTF] UK generic 17.1.A.2.55

Search This thread

SaintyUK

May 8, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Thanks very much iRimas!!! :D :D :D

See proof below taken from encrypted log file within Sony Update Service:

Sat May 10 12:03:03 BST 2014 | Found 2 services (using NG): D6503 Customized UK 1282-0226 (id=280910611, type=Software Update) D6503 Customized UK 1282-0226 (id=280910614, type=Software Update Content Erase)
Sat May 10 12:03:03 BST 2014 | Service revision (repair): 17.1.A.2.55
Sat May 10 12:03:03 BST 2014 | Service revision (update): 17.1.A.2.55

Last edited:

wroenadinho

Mar 25, 2013
this is the real UK Generic then. What's the difference to the FR Generic?

do you also flash it through flashtool as normal, as my bootloader is locked.

Thanks

SaintyUK

May 8, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Probably very little differences such as bookmarks and pre-installed apps. Also obviously the default language :)

Yes just flash using flashtool. As it's official it will work perfectly with a locked bootloader.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

edge3uk

Dec 26, 2010
I flashed this last night. English UK is the default language and jeux gameloft icon is not there. It's exactly what I'd expect a UK rom to be. I'm very happy with it.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Kamran9558

Dec 30, 2008
Guys, Please bare with me if i am asking a stupid question as I am new to sony devices so have a lot of confusion. My device has a 3 Firmware on it but I want to get the UK Generic one.
I have downloaded the file posted in this thread and would want to know what exactly can be the cons of flashing it?
will i lose any DRM keys or X reality or anything by doing that or is it totally safe?.
Also if i backup all my data using sony's backup app, would I be able to restore it after flashing the Generic file.

Last edited:

iRimas

Oct 25, 2012
Guys, Please bare with me if i am asking a stupid question as I am new to sony devices so have a lot of confusion. My device has a 3 Firmware on it but I want to get the UK Generic one.
I have downloaded the file posted in this thread and would want to know what exactly can be the cons of flashing it?
will i lose any DRM keys or X reality or anything by doing that or is it totally safe?.
Also if i backup all my data using sony's backup app, would I be able to restore it after flashing the Generic file.

As far as i know its totally Safe. after you flashing if you think something will go wrong you can use PCC and repair as well . it means it is safe to flash . you wont loose anything.

Thank you very much.

Kamran9558

Dec 30, 2008
As far as i know its totally Safe. after you flashing if you think something will go wrong you can use PCC and repair as well . it means it is safe to flash . you wont loose anything.

Thank you very much.

Thats a relief, and would i be able to restore everything back using the Backup and Restore app?

ukdave

Mar 3, 2010
Debranding an Zperia Z2

There is something wrong with this file linked (D6503_17.1.A.2.55_EURO_LTE.ftf), it may be corrupt. I flashed it to my Xperia Z2 to de-brand from EE but it sent it into a boot loop instead of restarting. I Managed to get flash tool to work in debug mode again by by plugging in the usb cable and flashed D6503_23.5.A.0.570_RU.ftf which I found on the net as a generic uk Android marshmallow 6.0.1 update and all was well again. After that the next update came from Xperia Companion updating software in the normal way. It is possible that I did something wrong. If you are debranding a UK Z2 just find the latest Marshmallow 6.0.1 update file (D6503_17.1.A.2.55_EURO_LTE.ftf) and flash it to your phone . You don't need to unlock the boot loader of need to root the phone. I'm too new to the forum it won't let me post links to the marshmallow files sorry you will have to find them yourself.
Instructions here:
Pre-requisites

Download and install Flashtool
Enable USB Debugging on phone. Head over to Settings>> Developer options
Enable Unknown sources on the phone by navigating to Settings>> Security

Steps to Debrand Sony Xperia Z2

Step-1: Ensure that you have installed all necessary drivers for Sony Xperia Z2 on the computer. You may do this by installing PC Companion or Sony Update Services (SUS)

Also connect the Xperia Z2 to the computer before starting the process to download USB and ADB drivers. You will find the necessary drivers once Flashtool is installed in the following location, C:Flashtooldrivers

Step-2: Download the following FTF file, which will debrand Xperia Z2

Download link: Xperia Z2 D6503 Generic UK 17.1.A.2.55 (1282-0226)

This is UK generic firmware and will work on any D6503 model and provide several language options. You may download FTF link according to your region

Step-3: Move the downloaded FTF file in C:Flashtoolfirmwares folder

Step-4: Open Flashtool on the computer (Click on the lightning bolt symbol and select Flashmode then click OK

Step-5: Select the downloaded firmware in the left column.

Note: If you want to keep all existing apps and date, ensure that Data is not selected. Press the Flash button

Step-6: You should see Flashtool is "Preparing files for sharing"

When the prompt appears, connect the Xperia Z2 to the computer and switch off the phone. Press and hold Volume Down button while plugging the USB cable into the phone

Step-7: The installation process should begin now

Step-8: When the 'Flashing finished' message appears in Flashtool, remove the phone from the computer and restart it. This process will take a few minutes

That's it. The Xperia Z2 should now be debranded to UK generic firmware.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts