Omega Rom based on 4.2.2?

Search This thread

devilh

Jul 1, 2011
Can someone help me and find a link to older omega rom, based on android 4.2.2?

I have a major bug with 4.3(omega19) and don't want to void knox warranty

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Can someone help me and find a link to older omega rom, based on android 4.2.2?

I have a major bug with 4.3(omega19) and don't want to void knox warranty

Hi,

First of all, what Galaxy S4 variant do you have? Also, what do you mean by Knox warranty? Do you have or do not the Knox bootloader? If you have, then maybe flashing a 4.2.2 ROM may not work. By the way, I've found the i9500 version in the OP of the OmegaROM thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=40243592&postcount=5

I think you should search a little more before asking ;).
~Lord

"Time is too short to cry, long enough to try." - March of Time (Helloween)
Sent from my KitKat Nexus 10

devilh

Jul 1, 2011
I think you should search a little more before asking ;).
no... I have done a really serious search before asking

First of all, what Galaxy S4 variant do you have?
I9505
Also, what do you mean by Knox warranty? Do you have or do not the Knox bootloader?
Don't you know what void warranty means? (hint - voiding the warranty on the device in a permanent way,here is great explanation)
Of course - If I have Omega 19V and want 4.2.2 based - you could assume that I don't have knox bootloader and want it to stay that way.

Please tell me if there is any more relevant info I forgot :good:

XxLordxX

Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
no... I have done a really serious search before asking

I9505

Don't you know what void warranty means? (hint - voiding the warranty on the device in a permanent way,here is great explanation)
Of course - If I have Omega 19V and want 4.2.2 based - you could assume that I don't have knox bootloader and want it to stay that way.

Please tell me if there is any more relevant info I forgot :good:

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this info, now I may be able to assist you further :). Regarding the Knox, I was thinking you had the Knox bootloader somehow... I've searched a lot now, and can't seem to find it for GT-i9505, what makes me think if they still have it is that GT-i9500 still has the 4.2.2 ROM on the OP, while GT-i9505 doesn't show it, only 4.4.2 or 4.3. Did you try asking in the thread?

~Lord

devilh

Jul 1, 2011
Hi,

Thanks for sharing this info, now I may be able to assist you further :). Regarding the Knox, I was thinking you had the Knox bootloader somehow... I've searched a lot now, and can't seem to find it for GT-i9505, what makes me think if they still have it is that GT-i9500 still has the 4.2.2 ROM on the OP, while GT-i9505 doesn't show it, only 4.4.2 or 4.3. Did you try asking in the thread?

~Lord

tried to ask for help with the bug, no one even responded.... I don't bother to post this question, obviously it will be ignored and disappeared quickly... that's why I opened a thread - people actually see it(and not just post no.2000404839.....)

XxLordxX

Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
tried to ask for help with the bug, no one even responded.... I don't bother to post this question, obviously it will be ignored and disappeared quickly... that's why I opened a thread - people actually see it(and not just post no.2000404839.....)

Hi,

Did you try the Galaxy S4 Q&A Help Thread? Someone better than me may be able to help you further ;).

Here's a link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192886

~Lord

XxLordxX

Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
ohh, is there ?
wow, if i missed that thing....
can you point me to one(or few)?
thanks!(big thanks!)

Hi,

Sorry, I've completely forgotten about this possibility! If you don't mind AOSP, you have the Google Edition ROMs and Cyanogenmod 11 ROMs (you can find them in Development Thread). When I still had a S4, I used to use CM11 without issues (no Knox bootloader) and dualbooted with a TW ROM (in my case Phoenix 4.3) for some TW features I liked hehe. But the best is for you to try ;). Most of AOSP/CM ROMs doesn't require the latest bootloader AFAIK.

~Lord