Galaxy S Plus I9001 General

Search This thread

Hafoer

Feb 2, 2013
Our device it's not oficially suported by CM so we can't use OTA. Btw CM11 it's running very smooth, it's stable and so on...i'm using it as daily without problems.

I know, but cm 10 by ivendor was also unofficial for our device. Despite that there was a fully functional OTA..
So there is no other way than updating cm manually?
Yea, you're right, the alpha version is already quite stable :good:

Laurentyu1995

Apr 15, 2012
Oradea
I know, but cm 10 by ivendor was also unofficial for our device. Despite that there was a fully functional OTA..
So there is no other way than updating cm manually?
Yea, you're right, the alpha version is already quite stable :good:

Yes, cm10 by ivendor has OTA.Until now ADC Team have not implemented OTA function probably because they have a lot of work to get camera working with ION memory allocator and not only. Maybe in future they'll implement

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

4.4 kit kat i9001 stable
what rom?

CM 11 by ADC Team it's android 4.4 (kitkat) and it's stable,fast,smooth,battery friendly imo

Reactions: anuseb89

calltoon

Nov 26, 2012
I'm waiting for CM 11 by ADC Team with first Beta or RC. A the moment I need a fully functional phone :)
BTW: I am trying to enable OTG (with external power supply - OTG Y cable) with CM 10.1 by ADC Team and latest K^Kernel without any succes.
Maybe You have solution for this issue?

Slaughter41

Apr 20, 2012
I have installed CM 11 and it is amazing. Also I have installed Christopher's Kernel with 390 MB. But I have a problem. When I refresh twitter app, I encounter a weird sound. How can I fix this? And where the problem occurs from? Any suggestions.

Reactions: dimusa

Liiich

Nov 11, 2013
Anyone planning to port Cyanogenmod 11 [Android 4.40] to i9001? :D

I'm waiting for CM 11 by ADC Team with first Beta or RC. A the moment I need a fully functional phone :)
BTW: I am trying to enable OTG (with external power supply - OTG Y cable) with CM 10.1 by ADC Team and latest K^Kernel without any succes.
Maybe You have solution for this issue?

I think that CM11 alpha3 is more stable than an alpha!
I never have had a fast and smooth phone like this from Gingerbread! :)

The not working functionals are: AOSP keyboard and SD Swap but i can survive without these...

Thanks ADC Team, i will consider a donation. ;)

Reactions: dimusa

dimusa

Sep 17, 2012
Sevilla

The not working functionals are: AOSP keyboard and SD Swap but i can survive without these...

Yes, it´s the best rom for this phone, I think is smooth of stock!!!

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

I have installed CM 11 and it is amazing. Also I have installed Christopher's Kernel with 390 MB. But I have a problem. When I refresh twitter app, I encounter a weird sound. How can I fix this? And where the problem occurs from? Any suggestions.

I have this problem with music!! if I lock my screen and I listen music, I listen a weird sound!!!!

Robb Stark

Apr 13, 2013
Steyr

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

I have this problem with music!! if I lock my screen and I listen music, I listen a weird sound!!!!

This is a known bug , discussed in the release thread. I think it will be resolved in the next build.

yiannis_12

Aug 14, 2012

If you disable the lock screen sound the weird sound will stop.

Hafoer

Feb 2, 2013
Hybrid Allocator

I've read about this hybrid allocator for cm. Nice thing. However will I have to wipe data to move to it? Nothing is mentioned about it, so I ask here ;)

Hafoer

Feb 2, 2013
It hasn't even been published yet. So be patient, the devs will tell us how to install it when the time has come :thumbup:

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

I'm curious, thats why i asked that question here and not in the specific cm 11 topic ;) just thought that there would already be some more details available than in official thread.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk 2

cioma2

Sep 9, 2013
Samsung i9001

Hi everyone
i need only a fast check: i have to "pimp" a i9001 of a friend.
He really needs his phone for his job so i must be sure i'll not brick it :D. ( don't consider bad luck)

He has an i9001 Samsung Gingerbread Stock Rom, and i want to follow these steps:
(obviously variuos nandroid backup, smsbackup, save apps+data titanium etcetc)

1. from sd card root app. Root-i9001-Signed.zip > reboot

2. from sd cars Cwm app CWM6014-TOUCH-CM9-recovery.zip > reboot recovery

3. various wipe and clean

4. install rom from sd card (i thought the PhenNnom's KitKat v2.0 TouchWiz Edition)

Any suggestion, advice, critic is welcome.

Last edited:

Hafoer

Feb 2, 2013
Hi everyone
He really needs his phone for his job so i must be sure i'll not brick it :D. ( don't consider bad luck)

He has an i9001 Samsung Gingerbread Stock Rom, and i want to follow these steps:

4. install rom from sd card (i thought the PhenNnom's KitKat v2.0 TouchWiz Edition)

If I haven't misunderstood once: using a backup of a previous rom version for a newer one is not recommended. I mean that especially with focus on titanium back up. To avoid problems better do a manual-backup by coping files to your PC ;)

muhammadnajmi96

Nov 24, 2012
Sepang
Hi everyone

Use TWRP from ADC-Team , your recovery that are using is an old recovery and have sudden reboot issues :) , besides that it can backup the data faster than CWM recoveries :D

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: cioma2

calltoon

Nov 26, 2012

I think it is quite strong recomendation. I will try this ROM soon :) I'm wondering what will my wife say about it becouse she is using this phone at the moment.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I managed to completely repair GPS on 9001. I did hardware fix, there was a bad connection between antenna and motherboard, so I only inserted a small piece of paper under the antenna, so now connection is 100%. Before fix, there were only 4 satelites on the radar, now it's up to 11 :fingers-crossed:

Location is fixed under 3 seconds :)

I did it without any soldering...
    Could you please attach some photos for that surgery.
    I strongly believe that GPS problems in GT-I9001 are hardware based on its random occurrence.
    Thanks for the good job :good:

It is boring for me to write full explanation again, here is the link that leads to the instructions, I wrote it on local forums in my country, so use Google Translate, or find someone who knows Serbian to translate it for you :p

http://www.mycity.rs/Android/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Plus-GT-I9001-The-Ultimate-Guide.html#p1578804
    CWM Porting...

Like someone asked me.... I would be very happy to develop the CWM Recovery and many other mods if you can give me one esemplar of this phone...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9003 usando Tapatalk
    Update on our ICS project: a WIP (work in progress) thread will be opened soon in our dev section, there should be a nightly build to download which is not yet tested nor confirmed working, so when it comes out logcat and feedback from users will be very helpful. So keep an eye on our dev section and any updates/details from zackconsole.
    Please Keep All General non-Development chit chats within topic! to keep the Galaxy S Plus I9001 Development area with irrelevant pollution.

Thank you
    -- A.G.