[STOCK ROM] Official Packages

Search This thread

MattyBoy4444

May 22, 2006
I have rooted 3.2 on mine, but when I try to flash this update.zip I just get the Android with an Exclamation mark. update.zip is in the root and the zip file checks out fine. I am using a 4GB sdcard which is empty. Any one have a suggestion?

crossix

Dec 6, 2007
Houston
did you decrypt the update.zip file? look a couple of posts back for the decrypter url..

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

goofball2k

Oct 5, 2010
Ottawa
Has anyone who has upgraded from 3.2 to 3.2.1 feel it is worth the improvement overall? I read through the changelog but am curious as to actual feedback from users. Still on the fence about doing this. Thanks!

painter_

Dec 10, 2006
North Eastern Ohio
Has anyone who has upgraded from 3.2 to 3.2.1 feel it is worth the improvement overall? I read through the changelog but am curious as to actual feedback from users. Still on the fence about doing this. Thanks!

It fixed the headphone issue. That is the big one for me. Follow goofball2k's instructions and you are good to go. I found no need to factory reset after so no data loss. I only had an issue with the Gmail app, that is because I was using the version from ICS. I cleared the data to fix it. Then I pushed the ICS version again.

goofball2k

Oct 5, 2010
Ottawa
It fixed the headphone issue. That is the big one for me. Follow goofball2k's instructions and you are good to go. I found no need to factory reset after so no data loss. I only had an issue with the Gmail app, that is because I was using the version from ICS. I cleared the data to fix it. Then I pushed the ICS version again.

Not my instructions, lol :D

So it fixed the issue with headphones and speaker playing at the same time? That's a good thing.
Did you find battery life improved at all?

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Not my instructions, lol :D

So it fixed the issue with headphones and speaker playing at the same time? That's a good thing.
Did you find battery life improved at all?

Why you taking my credit for goof lol. Jk. I have seen report in the Chinese forum where this update was initially leaked and they mentioned increase battery life but nothing I've really noticed yet. Although I do turn my wireless off via widget and it will drain about 1 percent an hour. I should test this with 3.2 and see if its the same

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

Last edited:

crossix

Dec 6, 2007
Houston
Although I do turn my wireless off via widget and it will drain about 1 percent an hour. I should test this with 3.2 and see if its the same

There is a wifi setting to disable the wifi on screen off unless plugged in to the wall charger, although Im not sure if it really works.

So far with my underclocking, and low light settings, plus using the above toggle, I've had the screen on for about 3 hours with 2days 6hrs of standby and 15% battery power remaining. Not too bad for that crappy little battery, sorry for being offtopic!

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
There is a wifi setting to disable the wifi on screen off unless plugged in to the wall charger, although Im not sure if it really works.

So far with my underclocking, and low light settings, plus using the above toggle, I've had the screen on for about 3 hours with 2days 6hrs of standby and 15% battery power remaining. Not too bad for that crappy little battery, sorry for being offtopic!

It does work but it doesn't turn it off right away so I use both widget and that setting

MattyBoy4444

May 22, 2006
I have rooted 3.2 on mine, but when I try to flash this update.zip I just get the Android with an Exclamation mark. update.zip is in the root and the zip file checks out fine. I am using a 4GB sdcard which is empty. Any one have a suggestion?
I have downloaded the unencrypted one 3 times and it still doesn't work. Any other ideas?

goofball2k

Oct 5, 2010
Ottawa
I have downloaded the unencrypted one 3 times and it still doesn't work. Any other ideas?

What is the size of the .zip you have? I used the link and was able to get it to work.
Are you 100% sure it is named update.zip on the SD card?
is the SD card formatted FAT32?
Sorry if some of these questions seem dumb but I had these problems when trying to update and got it resolved by checking those 3 things.

kdkinc

Jul 27, 2009
Inverness, Florida

Also make sure that the zip hasn't been named update.zip.zip . Make sure you copy the file to /mnt/external_sd (micro sd card)
Also did you unzip the downloaded update zip and use the update.zip file that,s inside the downloaded file ?

Last edited:

darkane

May 24, 2008
Palermo
I have a problem to perform the update.
First of all my configuration: Acer A100 (obviously), a 8 GB micro SD (fat32 formatted), the update.zip. I write from Italy so my Acer A100 has the Italian Rom.
I tried putting the update in the micro sd but every time I try to "hold the volume button close to the top power button first then press the POWER button." Android I see the green Android and then it stops, I see only a green Android with an exclamation point.
I downloaded the update (decrypted) three times on two different computers and I also realized with the decrypted version + the tool.
What's wrong?
Ps: my Acer A100 has no root

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I have a problem to perform the update.
First of all my configuration: Acer A100 (obviously), a 8 GB micro SD (fat32 formatted), the update.zip. I write from Italy so my Acer A100 has the Italian Rom.
I tried putting the update in the micro sd but every time I try to "hold the volume button close to the top power button first then press the POWER button." Android I see the green Android and then it stops, I see only a green Android with an exclamation point.
I downloaded the update (decrypted) three times on two different computers and I also realized with the decrypted version + the tool.
What's wrong?
Ps: my Acer A100 has no root

That is really strange perhaps try a different card or reformat it? Are you sure you are copying the decrypted file in the root of sd card(external_sd)? I know that may sound silly but I just wanted to ask.

timmytim

Jan 6, 2011
Phoenix
Has anyone successfully flashed the A100 EUU in the OP? Im curious if and how you got your correct cpuid number.

If you add 0x0 to the front of your UID it's supposed to be your cpuid but the EUU rejects it.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

spino1970

I change the micro sd and it works, thanks a lot...

Ehi there! I'm from italy too...i've an A100, from usa, but her in the sunny rome did not receive any update...

Could you say which differences are between 3.2 and 3.2.1?

Just to decide if update or not...

And, most important...you need to wipe data after? or you conserve all your apps?

thanx!

Top Liked Posts