[ROM] [WIP] Pure AOSP [4.0.3!!] 1/21/2012 Beta 2

Search This thread

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
So tempted to flash and see how beast ICS runs on our phone. To go back we just need to flash a GB rom and kernel correct? Thanks!

renzo.olivares

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2011
Sound is an easy fix ill help tmmrw
data is going to be difficult because not even thunderbolt has gotten data working on ics yet
Camera might be able to be fixed with libs from your leak
wifi might be ramdisk and wpa_supplicant not sre

Reactions: Marcismo55

dlsolo

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
Sound is an easy fix ill help tmmrw
data is going to be difficult because not even thunderbolt has gotten data working on ics yet
Camera might be able to be fixed with libs from your leak
wifi might be ramdisk and wpa_supplicant not sre

I'm wondering if the ANTHRAX kernel would resolve most (or any) if the initial issues with this build. I just pull the git and will compile something this evening. We'll see what happens.

Easton999GS

Aug 31, 2010
I'm wondering if the ANTHRAX kernel would resolve most (or any) if the initial issues with this build. I just pull the git and will compile something this evening. We'll see what happens.
Regarding the Anthrax Kernel, He removed the source from his Git for the Rezound because the Sensation users and devs were filing complaints against him because they were jealous of his kernel and they said he was kanging all of their stuff, I can speak to chad goodman myself as i used to be one of his Anthrax Kernel Private Testers and ask if i can get the true source for the Rezound

dlsolo

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
Regarding the Anthrax Kernel, He removed the source from his Git for the Rezound because the Sensation users and devs were filing complaints against him because they were jealous of his kernel and they said he was kanging all of their stuff, I can speak to chad goodman myself as i used to be one of his Anthrax Kernel Private Testers and ask if i can get the true source for the Rezound

If he's willing to provide his source, that may be the step needed to get basic functions working. That would be amazing if you can talk him into it.

Easton999GS

Aug 31, 2010
If he's willing to provide his source, that may be the step needed to get basic functions working. That would be amazing if you can talk him into it.

I'll try to talk to him and see if he is on gtalk tonight, try to see what you can get out of the EVO 3D source for now though, the two are extremely similar he told me and all that was needed was.tchange a couple of files, the anthrax kernel for the EVO 3D is 70% rezound 30% AOSP, shocker isn't it. The gpu o/c on that phone was used from the rezound htc source

Conduitz

Aug 28, 2010
Ann Arbor
I'm putting a lot of my betting chips on that data doesnt work because of the inability to flash radios with s-on bootloader unlock. I remember something similar being the case with my incredible 2, where I flashed a GB update to it but didnt update the radio from a froyo based radio.

Easton999GS

Aug 31, 2010
I don't think so because.data worked on the leak that got and its ics

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App

renzo.olivares

Jan 6, 2011
Data is impossible unless you guys get a new radio [and even then you still need to port over the 4g framework to it]
The new radio is required since you guys are using an msm 3.0 kernel

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
Data is impossible unless you guys get a new radio [and even then you still need to port over the 4g framework to it]
The new radio is required since you guys are using an msm 3.0 kernel

Data works fine in the leaked kernel. The only issues were overall stability and calling. A new leak fixed stability but still has the call issue. If an AOSP kernel is able to run the leak and make calls, obviously the new radio is not needed as with work the kernel can control both. But apparently with a newer leak flashing the included radio makes it stable and fixes calling. Therefore it is a day to day rom if you can flash the radio.

Last edited:

Easton999GS

Aug 31, 2010
Con where is this second leak at ? With the radios and everything, I'm willing to test

Sent from my HTC Rezound using XDA App

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
Con where is this second leak at ? With the radios and everything, I'm willing to test

Sent from my HTC Rezound using XDA App

That one is gonna stay private for awhile until the source OKs a public release. We need to respect him/her because we don't want the leaks to dry up.

these leaks aren't even safe to run because if you can't even dial 911 you would be irresponsible running it.

renzo.olivares

Jan 6, 2011
Data works fine in the leaked kernel. The only issues were overall stability and calling. A new leak fixed stability but still has the call issue. If an AOSP kernel is able to run the leak and make calls, obviously the new radio is not needed as with work the kernel can control both. But apparently with a newer leak flashing the included radio makes it stable and fixes calling. Therefore it is a day to day rom if you can flash the radio.

Thats what chad.goodman told me i could be wrong but thats the case on the evo 3d

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Disclaimer
    *Liscense
    *Github
    *Features
    *Thanks
    *Donate To Me
    *Instructions (Post 2)
    *Downloads (Post 2)
    *Changelog (Post 3)
    *Known Issues (Post 3)
    *Mirrors (Post 3)
    *Old Downloads (Post 3)

DISCLAIMER:

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Copyright 2012 dmeadows013

Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
    you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
    You may obtain a copy of the License at

http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
    distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
    WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
    See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
    limitations under the License.

GITHUB:

We are now on Github. You can download the Github source and contribute fixes, add new features, and improve stability. If I do not feel that what you have done to the code improves the rom, I can take it down. With that, go to our GitHub project page listed https://github.com/dmeadows013/Vigor-AOSP-Project

FEATURES:
    -Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3
    -Based off of Joel9614's port for the Evo 3D
    -Full AOSP
    -CM9 Launcher
    -Face Unlock (I think)
    -Deodexed
    -Zipaligned
    -Rooted
    -Busybox
    -Amazing

-Joelz9614 for the base, helping with fixes and things, and just being awesome :D
    -Werdna87 for the Rezound ICS leak
    -Demond for the kernel that will come soon :D and for some fixes
    -Wildstang83 for showing me the ropes for developing
    -XDA
    -RootzWiki
    -AndroidPassions
    -Everybody that supports me (You are the reason I do this :D)
    -HTC
    -Google
    -Anyone I missed

DONATE:

Donations are never expected but are always accepted!

End of post 1. Look in post 2 for the DL links :D
    Changelog:
    Code:
    **Beta 2
    -New Rebase
    -Fixed GPS
    -Added Rom Control
    -Newest CM9 Launcher
    -Got a little closer on Camera
    -Got a little closer on USB Mount to PC
    -Got a little closer on WiFi
    -Rom now installs kernel for you

**Beta 1:
    -Original port

What Works:
    -Everything that doesn't :D

What Doesn't Work:
    -Data
    -Phone
    -Wifi
    -Camera
    -Bluetooth
    -Texting

Old Downloads:
    Code:
    These downloads are of previous versions that are no longer supported. 
    For full support and functionality, download the latest version of the rom.
    New downloads will also be faster.
    -Beta 1

UPDATE: Paullie has calls working, and he's hoping to get a release out soon. As soon as he releases it, I will implement the fixes and get this stable so that those of us who prefer stock AOSP can have it. I'm also planning to split this into 2 roms: One that is PURE stock, nothing at all added, and another that is modified with tweaks and other mods. Just getting an update out for you guys :D
    HOW TO INSTALL:

You MUST Have HTCDEV Unlock!!!!!!!!

To Install Premade Zip:

1. Download the Prebuilt zip at the end of this post.

2. Place the file on your SD card and flash.

3. Follow the instructions later in this post to flash the kernel

To Flash the Kernel:

1. Download the prebuilt kernel zip for your specific OS (Windows, Mac OSX, or Linux)

2. Unzip the file

3. Open Command Prompt or Terminal, depending on your operating system.

4. On your device, reboot to HBOOT (Volume Down + Power when device is off)

5. Select the Fastboot option on your device's HBOOT menu (You will know you are in HBOOT if your device has a red-highlighted banner that says 'FASTBOOT' or 'FASTBOOT USB')

6. Plug your phone into your computer if it is not already plugged in

7. When the red banner mentioned above says 'FASTBOOT USB', proceed to the next step

8. Run the following commands on command prompt/terminal

Code:
    cd *Path/to/your/downloaded/kernel/folder*

(For Windows) ./fastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
    (For OSX and Linux) ./fastboot flash boot boot.img

9. When this completes and says done, reboot and enjoy!

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

-Flashable Rom Beta 2​