JSS15R Update Rolling Out To WiFi 2013 Nexus 7

Search This thread

flyinion

Aug 31, 2010
Sacramento, CA
You should have gotten it by now. Normally the first couple days it will be released to small groups over time but by the 4th or 5th day it should be released to everyone. Try to clear the cache for your "Google services framework" and they go back to check for update again. Sometimes it will take multiple tries. Btw just clear the cache nothing else

>^.^< Sent from meow HTC One

Thanks I'll give that a shot. I knew there was a trick like that but forgot what it was.

AnarchoXen

Aug 14, 2010
USA
My buddy hasn't gotten his update yet. Bone stock. East Coast NYC. I'll try the above on his machine tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

itsmejson

Jun 21, 2011
I'm currently running cleanrom and just saw the "system update downloaded" message. How do I get rid of the message and the downloaded file so that I do not install?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DowntownJeffBrown

Oct 15, 2012
Porter Indiana (Chicagoland)
I'm currently running cleanrom and just saw the "system update downloaded" message. How do I get rid of the message and the downloaded file so that I do not install?

I flashed a custom kernel. Then proceeded to flash the update in twrp even though I knew it would fail. Then rebooted and it went away.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

lincolnskilz

Aug 13, 2012
Just updated mines and seems to be working fine. A few hiccups but nothing major. Waiting for kit kat!!

zagnut103

Mar 7, 2009

Settings / Apps / All / Google Services Framework -> Uncheck 'Show Notifications'

ohmimpotence

Feb 27, 2013
I'm afraid to apply this update. Q fixed my multitouch issues, I don't want them to suddenly return. Did anyone have touch screen issues that Q fixed but then you updated to R, what were your results?

In the very least, I'd like to remove this update message from the notification window.

What's funny is it took me forever to get the Q update, the one that I desperately wanted. I had to clear the services to finally get it. The R update seemed like I got it immediately though and I'm avoiding it like the plague.

Last edited:

igotgame

Jun 10, 2008
The update appears to have fixed the random reboots I was getting on the previous update.

Sent from my Verizon GS4 using Tapatalk

zero_rez

Sep 5, 2013
Dallas
With the latest update I have noticed two issues. One is when I try to type in my pin it will freeze and not work. I have to press the power button off and on and it will work or it may take a few times to work. Second issue is with WiFi, my wireless router is working perfectly for other devices but my Nexus wont connect. I had to do a reboot of the nexus. This has happened twice. This didnt happen with the J update.

Bob Smith42

Jun 7, 2011
With the latest update I have noticed two issues. One is when I try to type in my pin it will freeze and not work. I have to press the power button off and on and it will work or it may take a few times to work. Second issue is with WiFi, my wireless router is working perfectly for other devices but my Nexus wont connect. I had to do a reboot of the nexus. This has happened twice. This didnt happen with the J update.

I installed Yet Another MultiTouch Test app from play store. With this update on my Nexus 7 (2013) wi-fi model the touch behavior is different than Nexus 7 (2013) 4G/LTE model on JLS36C.

With 10 fingers touching the screen on this JSS15R update, I turn and twist and interlace my 10 fingers touching the screen. The YAMTT application basically starts to jump and stutter. If I remove my fingers the touch events appear to have a cache and the jump and stutter continues to go for a couple seconds, and then the screen clears up.

With 10 fingers touching the screen on Nexus 7 (2103) 4G/LTE on JLS36C, i do the same test. However, the YAMTT application appears to dump all my touch and clears while I'm still touching the screen. There appears to be no touch event cache, rather when there is *too much* touch information the touch events just crash or clear (reset?), and the YAMTT shows no touch at all - even while still touching the screen.

I suspect there are differences in Touch implementation between Android versions. It does not surprise me that touch seems to freeze on JSS15R, where before it might have reset?

Just an observation.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

In the very least, I'd like to remove this update message from the notification window.

If you go to Settings / Apps / All / Google Services Framework and deselect Show notifications it should disappear from the notification bar.

Good luck

ohmimpotence

Feb 27, 2013
If you go to Settings / Apps / All / Google Services Framework and deselect Show notifications it should disappear from the notification bar.

Good luck

Thanks for the tip! Will this disable any other notifications or is it just related to the updates? Appreciate it

flyinion

Aug 31, 2010
Sacramento, CA
You should have gotten it by now. Normally the first couple days it will be released to small groups over time but by the 4th or 5th day it should be released to everyone. Try to clear the cache for your "Google services framework" and they go back to check for update again. Sometimes it will take multiple tries. Btw just clear the cache nothing else

>^.^< Sent from meow HTC One

Oh look at that, it just took me complaining about it lol. I came home last night and there was the update notification.

EvilAldo

Sep 12, 2008
El Paso, TX

Same here, I'm having Wi-Fi issues that I didn't have before.

fishcake13

Dec 20, 2010
There always has been wifi issues with the new nexus... its always slow and has connection issues with 2.4 band... :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated

HI, guys, just updated to the JSS115R,

below is the update file from my Cache folder.

Enjoy it by Sideload~~
    nexusae0_wm_Screenshot_2013-09-16-23-41-30.png

No changelog found yet!
    Update URL???

Will the update break my root?

I am on rooted stock firmware.

Do I need to use CWM or android update prompt is fine?

Thanks

Check supersu survival method.

Sent from my 2014 Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4.4
    Will the update break my root?

I am on rooted stock firmware.

Do I need to use CWM or android update prompt is fine?

Thanks

Yes you will lost your root.
    You just need to reinstall the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip with CWM or TWRP.
    Enjoy.