[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for S3NEO

Search This thread

Thargorsson

Nov 24, 2013
Schöneiche bei Berlin
Last edited:

notfood

Sep 26, 2017
Tested, works really well! Good job! Even the battery usage is great. It's smoother compared to 7.1.

As it's pointed out, Gapps breaks RIL. Everything else works except radio and offline charging. Installed Aurora Store and I'm pretty happy with it.

Things I tested:
☑ RIL
☑ Camera Front/Back
☑ Video Recording
☑ Bluetooth
☑ WiFi
☑ Sound
☑ GPS
☑ Calls
☒ Offline Charging, it loops.
☒ Radio, phone freezes.

Reactions: JaadiBooti

meilenstein13

Jun 14, 2018
HI
My findings so far: All things mentioned above are working for me as well, but with some exceptions:
GPS finds plenty of satelites, but doesn't snap in ( no position..).
Battery- charging freezes once, I had to reboot to go on.
In Whatsapp recorded video-sequences aren't playable ( frozen screen or artefacts..)
I couldn't find any menue to choose the touchscreen - triangles for moving the cursor in a text document.
I'm looking forward the next Version....:fingers-crossed:

blackwolf22

Oct 18, 2017
Just tested this rom on my GT-I9301I for an hour or so and i have to say that auto-rotation doesn't work sometimes, also i don't know what exactly RIL is but i installed the gapps aroma (customized) and didn't realize any issue related to gapps until now, and also i got a new phone recently so the old phone doesn't have a sim card anymore, and i don't plan to put one on my GT-I9301I, so my old phone is somewhat like a test device now, i have tried some custom roms before but i didn't like them too much, this one doesn't look bad, except i wish you could do something about offline charging.

Last edited:

Koksnuss

Dec 29, 2013
Error: this package is for device

Thank you for your contribution! I tried to flash it to my GT-I9301I with the help of TWRP 2.8.5.0 (I know its old, is there a better approach?). Before flashing i wiped everything, now when I try to install it from the sdcard it fails with the Error "E3004: This package is for device: s3ve3g, s3ve3gds, s3veg3gjv; this device is ." What am I doing wrong? Why is the installer not recognizing my device?

Humaxxx

Nov 27, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S6
Thank you for your contribution! I tried to flash it to my GT-I9301I with the help of TWRP 2.8.5.0 (I know its old, is there a better approach?). Before flashing i wiped everything, now when I try to install it from the sdcard it fails with the Error "E3004: This package is for device: s3ve3g, s3ve3gds, s3veg3gjv; this device is ." What am I doing wrong? Why is the installer not recognizing my device?

You have to use a newer Version of TWRP:
https://dl.twrp.me/s3ve3g/

JaadiBooti

Aug 8, 2017
I know this is only for the single sim variant, but would this work on a duos without ril at least? I don't really need ril that much right now.

RomanDesigner

Sep 3, 2018
Waiting for an edititon for Sony sensor! On Sony sensor not works camera and flashlight, but rom is usable as daily driver.
Auto-rotate is working in YT Vanced and other apps only sometimes.
This is very cool ROM, better than Nougat!

notfood

Sep 26, 2017
He didn't work he remained stuck
Please Help

If it gets stuck, you are probably running an outdated firmware. Get the latest from Sammobile or check the Telegram group. You will need Odin or Heimdall to install it. Be careful which firmware you are burning, it can brick your device if it's the wrong one.

Steve-o-1978

Oct 1, 2019
Hi Thargorsson,
First of all. Excellent work on the new ROM!

I have just got a hold of 5x S3 NEO and wished they had a newer version than 4.4.2.
After some searches on Google I found this forum. I'm going to wait until you have an updated version of this ROM.
Please keep us all posted on any progress ;)

Cheers,

Steve

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,
    If you haven't heard it already, we have official support now :) and Q is coming too.

links:

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/s3ve3gjv
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/s3ve3gxx

credits:
    francescodario
    me
    LineageOS
    Klte dev team (you guys rock)

Sources: www.github.com/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_s3ve3gxx
    I'm posting three new builds.
    Offline charging and FM radio are fixed as well as slowmotion , so you should not encounter any relevant bugs. In Snap slowmotion 60FPS@1080p it is not supported !!
    I tested opengapps-stock and everything went fine, RIL still works. We switched to klte RIL library.
    I'm posting these as Thargorsson is on vacatinon right now

Sony Sensor : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1899786940962603609

Samsung Sensor : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1899786940962603608

Dual Sim Version Sony Sensor: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1899786940962603652 (I think every dual sim got sony)

ROOT : https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/su/20190709/addonsu-16.0-arm-signed.zip

Just to be sure,Sony sensor is s3ve3gxx, Samsung sensor is s3ve3gjv, dual sim version is s3ve3gds
    I hope they will work as I didnt tested them. In particular, slow motion and offline charging should work, but idk about ril as we switched to klte ril library (it used to work fine in the past)

Dual sim is now based on klte ril library (hope that this will solve our problem as it solved problem for s4 and s4mini dual sim)-
    I'll be happy if someone could try it as well to have a feedback on RIL.

Please keep in mind that the only root method officially supported is los root addon, and is what I'm using.
    Just bought my a new Evo 860 ssd so I have enough storage for building multiple devices :D. So yes more build coming this week for Sony and dual SIM.
    My 300gb ssd before didn't quite had enough.
    OK, so I put back the Greek ROM, got the bootloader on I9301IXCUARA1 and baseband on I9301IXXUAPG1

Just a note, the Greek ROM, if I'm about to use it as a stock ROM looks broken, the Camera app crashes and the Device Info HW app takes ages to show the system info. Well, hope it's not intentionally corrupted (malware - trojan horse), MD5 signature doesn't provide any security (MD5 is very weak and very broken).

A quick question, when I start the phone, it takes about 50 seconds showing Samsung Galaxy SIII Neo - Powered by Android, only after that LineageOS starts to load, and it does fast - 10 seconds. Is this behavior normal?

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Well, I just started to actually use LOS16. First thing that hit me was that I was required to create an account in order to use the Contacts - how stupid that is ...
    Then, I had to import the contacts from my SIM - why? Again, utterly dumb.
    Last hit, I can't create/save contacts on my SIM. Sorry, this is pure imbecility.

That's it, good that I made a backup of my rooted and "secured" Stock ROM. Will go back on stock now.
    Thanks for all the help so far, will still follow the LOS developments.
    The greece stock rom is only for "background" on custom rom, to have latest baseband and bootloader. If you want Stock Rom, then flash the latest depending on your region... So in germany it would be DBT
    Booting up will be fast up in the next builds, by using a new driver. Devs said he will push it this evening. I already tried this driver and Samsung Logo will stay for about 30 seconds instead of about 50 with old driver.

There is no need for creating an acouunt to use your contacts. I guess you flashed opengapps. Which needs your google account details for using playstore or your saved contacts on google servers...
    I have a problem with my Galaxy S3 Neo sometimes showing a blue screen which only shows the clock and with which you can't interact with. This occurs sometimes when my smartphone was locked for a longer time.

It's not a too serious issue (yet?) because I can fix it by simply restarting the phone when it appears.

I'm using the most recent official version of Lineage OS 16.0 for the Samsung-Camera (version from 14. June 2020).
    Thats the flip case feature. Triggered by magnetic fields. Disable it in settings/ connected devices