[ROM][Android 2.1] BEASTsense 'Aiming for smoothness!' [13.08.2012]

Search This thread

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
I read it, really :) Maybe I've asked wrongly - my intention was to ask if we can do anything about app2sd to make it work or wait patiently for another release.

Great, thanks for answering and once again thanks for this ROM. The speed is amazing! :)

No problem dude! Will work on a new release, hopefully the time will be by my side. Stay tuned1

Reactions: nightm

BeatsByMessi

Dec 4, 2011
Dudley
Installed this yesterday. Haven t played around with it much so not much to say. Speed of the rom is very good and it seems stable enough for daily use for those who use the Hero as their primary phone

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
Installed this yesterday. Haven t played around with it much so not much to say. Speed of the rom is very good and it seems stable enough for daily use for those who use the Hero as their primary phone

Thanks dude. It's not much you can say about sense.. it's not special in any way but I'm trying to get it special. Maybe take jordfaz's advice and "theme" it like sense 4.

lolo7291

Mar 9, 2011
Laval
I think what we need on our hero is the sense 4 theme...so that would be really(x42) great to make this rom the first sense 4.0 theme for hero (this would be smooth and cool, cooler than any sense 3.5 theme I think because of smoothness)

Reactions: 1ceb0x

Yukikaze_nuce

Nov 19, 2011
Hanoi
THE FASTEST SENSE ROM EVER! \m/ This rom's benchmark score is higher than both Spongle's and Decked X's. I missed Sense so much. But Android version is 2.1, so some of my apps disappear :D If this rom is Gingerbread, it will be the perfect rom :>

m--m

Jul 5, 2012
THE FASTEST SENSE ROM EVER! \m/ This rom's benchmark score is higher than both Spongle's and Decked X's. I missed Sense so much. But Android version is 2.1, so some of my apps disappear :D If this rom is Gingerbread, it will be the perfect rom :>

Yeah, I agree. Sense is in a higher level... But Gingerbread is too much for our Hero. I think the best compromise between speed and app support will be Froyo.

A ROM with Sense and Froyo will be perfect imho...

M

Reactions: cartman333

faZevoLv

Mar 12, 2012
Nantwich
Yeah, I agree. Sense is in a higher level... But Gingerbread is too much for our Hero. I think the best compromise between speed and app support will be Froyo.

A ROM with Sense and Froyo will be perfect imho...

M

The last froyo-sense Rom had a lot of issues like the camera didn't work, but I'd love to do this when I've sorted out CM10 github:)

kemoba

Mar 5, 2006
Mostar
I have GBSense ROM cooking, a little project i started 2 weeks ago. It's not as slow as i taught it will be, actually it's fast :) . It'll be ready in about a couple of days

schetz

Jul 4, 2011
Rijeka
Honestly,I need speed and stability,dont really care if its GB or not..so,this ROM is just the thing I need..keep up the good work 1ceb0x:)

Thats just my opinion of course,cant blame people wanting newer ROMs..

I can really see my Hero hanginon to this one,especially with app2sd workin :cool:

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
@Jordfaz, no problem dude.

@All: Thank you for your feedbacks dudes, it really helps me out on carrying what I'm doing for this little phone. Honestly, I was pretty sad about so small amount of interest for this kind of rom but now everything it's ok.
Tomorrow morning I have a day off (now i'm too wiped out) and I'll decompile framework-res and hopefully I'll make the first part of the puzzle themed into sense 4. Then continue with system UI and then with other apps.. and so on!

Sorry for app2sd script, I'll make sure to fix it tomorrow morning.

Cheers people!

faZevoLv

Mar 12, 2012
Nantwich

@All: Thank you for your feedbacks dudes, it really helps me out on carrying what I'm doing for this little phone. Honestly, I was pretty sad about so small amount of interest for this kind of rom but now everything it's ok.
Tomorrow morning I have a day off (now i'm too wiped out) and I'll decompile framework-res and hopefully I'll make the first part of the puzzle themed into sense 4. Then continue with system UI and then with other apps.. and so on!

Cheers people!

You might need to change the colour of the text in some places like when your on the homescreen and press menu, you won't be able to see any of the text.

kenleong

Feb 25, 2011
Yea...waiting for app2sd then ill install this rom. Although your gb is good, its still too heavy for hero

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium

schetz

Jul 4, 2011
Rijeka
+1..waiting for app2sd so I can use it properly.. :)

No preissure of course,when its done its done..

Sent from my Hero using xda app-developers app

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
I really need fast and stable GPS, so this is very good for me. HTC's GPS driver was always stable, and no reboots, compared to aosp / cm.

1ceb0x, I realise you have already tweaked this rom, but I thought I would try Supercharging it anyway. I used the latest version of the script: http://d-h.st/users/zeppelinrox

I haven't tested it very much, but Navigon is shutting down much faster now. I'll let you know. Thanks for this.

One other thing. Long-press back button to kill app is a feature in cm7. Would it be a lot of work to implement it into this rom?

A quick google search led me to this thread and this post.

Last edited:

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
Hello all,

I am sorry that the app2sd was not fixed faster, i didn't had enough time even for myself lately and now i go out of town until tomorrow. When I come BACK i will sure implement the Script into it.

@lost Gps drivers are the same with ones from gb but this has a special config, that's why it moves so great.

@lolo Thanks, i will look into it:)

Thank you everyone for your interest în this project!
Sent from One Paranoic V

Reactions: lolo7291

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Because a photo is better than a thousand words

shot_000001.png shot_000002.png shot_000003.png

This is a project that aims for that good 'ol speed and stability our Hero had when it was struttin' his a&% on an android version older than my grandmother. This rom contains Android 2.1 with, according to Wikipedia - Original Sense!

General Info: Sense UI is based on the UI for Windows mobile called Touch FLO 3D which made his debut back in 2008 on a HTC Touch Diamond.​

Please keep in mind that some of the applications may not work *correctly* (facebook for sense, peep etc.) hence they are too old and the API-s have changed in the meantime.​

The beauty of sense (talking about this particular sense version) nowadays is fading away. The status bar header (where your carrier name is written) is too big, the colors are too faded etc. But I'm aiming for speed and stability. The visual look was not forgotten. I personally don't like the stock Sense UI as it was back in 2009/2010 and I've decided to include this theme right here. Thanks to L0cke for that!

The version of the android 2.1 is - 3.32.405.1 - which is in my opinion the smoothest and fastest. Tried playing with 3.36.xxx version - it was a no go for me.

What I'm getting by installing this

Code:
    [U]Android 2.1 - 3.32.405.1 with SenseUI[/U]
    [B]Flykernel 13[/B]
    [B]Super User 3.0.7 with 3.0.3 binaries[/B
    [B]Zip-alligned all the apps[/B]
    [B]Deodexed[/B]
    [B]Internal task killer retweaked[/B]
    [B]Tuned SD card I/O[/B]
    [B]Fine Tuned the CPU[/B]
    [B]A2SD[/B]
    [B]/data/app compatibility[/B]
    [B][COLOR="Red"]Disabled garbage collector for smooth scrolling[/COLOR][/B]
    [B]Forced kernel to boot at 356-614 mhz[/B]
    [B]Sqlite 3 optimized[/B]
    [B]Ad free device - no need for other apps from the market
    GPS.conf for Europe with very small lockup time on the satelites[/B]

BONUS

Code:
    Advanced power menu
    Desire lockscreen (slides only the lock without the picture)
    Beautiful Weather animations
    Flip clock (yes, it flips)
    Analog clocks with second hand that moves (it is a little buggy but that's the way it is)
    Rosie themed
    XdaICS inverted app
    Explorer (as in root explorer)
    Social crap (facebook, peep, twitter, friendstream etc.)
    Some htc widgets - messages, music, people, photo frame etc)

I would like to say a sincere "Thank you" to the following people/team:​

Code:
    Team Villain
    Pulser2g
    Ninpo
    Raider X
    ^ For Villainrom 10/12/13 - the ones that got me into flashing back in 2009.

Code:
    L0cke for [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=802209&highlight=rosie+theme"]this[/URL]
    AngelDeath for [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=953630"]this[/URL]
    AndroidON for [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1411317"]this[/URL]
    dsixda for [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=633246"]this[/URL]
    erasmusx for [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=730471&highlight=flykernel"]this[/URL]
    Me for this

Anyone who have been forgotten, please forgive me!

Warning: First boot might take up to 2 minutes to complete. Don't worry, there is nothing wrong with your device. Dalvik is dexopting all the apps and frameworks and it moves quite slow. Sit back and relax until it is fully booted.
    Thank you!
    CHANGELOG​

Fixed A2SD
    Moar tweaks
    Build prop experimental changes

0.1 - initial release

Based on firmware version 3.32.405.1

Added
    Flykernel 13
    Super User 3.0.7 with 3.0.3 binaries
    Zip-alligned the apps
    Deodexed
    Internal task killer retweaked
    Tuned SD card I/O
    /data/app compatibility
    Garbage collector disabled (for smoother scrolling)
    Kernel boots at 356-614 mhz
    Sqlite 3 optimized
    AD free device
    GPS.conf for Europe reworked
    Advanced power menu
    Desire lockscreen (slides only the lock without the picture)
    Flip clock (yes, it flips)
    Analog clocks with second hand that moves (it is a little buggy but that's the way it is)
    Rosie themed
    XdaICS inverted app
    Explorer (as in root explorer)

Removed
    Garbage collector
    HTC default kernel
    Rosiemiddleman app
    Stocks app + widget
    Sim app (stk.app)
    Some insignificant widgets​
    Nice :)

I just popped back in here to see if this area was still alive... It most certainly is :)

TBH I'm half tempted to find my hero again.... :)

Good work, nice to see that we inspired some people to go on and do more with this phone :)

Cheers people!