[REF] Nexus 10 Stock OTA URLs

Search This thread

mihalich1

May 29, 2012
South Orange County, CA
I am unlocked, but with stock bootloader/recovery installed, and rooted. The update was failing for me when using the nexus root toolkit and booting to temporary recovery (TWRP) and installing the update as a zip.

Here's what did work for my case:

- I copied the ota zip file from my device to my pc
- Then from nexus root toolkit i did adb sideload, and selected the zip on the pc.
- The update then successfully installed for me.

Joe

cnlson

I am unlocked, but with stock bootloader/recovery installed, and rooted. The update was failing for me when using the nexus root toolkit and booting to temporary recovery (TWRP) and installing the update as a zip.

Here's what did work for my case:

- I copied the ota zip file from my device to my pc
- Then from nexus root toolkit i did adb sideload, and selected the zip on the pc.
- The update then successfully installed for me.

Joe

i confirm this worked for me as well. i finally got to see what comes after the bouncing balls (don't go there...) yay!
must be something that twrp cannot do included in that zip.
wahoo!

ok, i notice lots of strangeness. it will not flash root and recovery easily. it sticks on certain pages in the bootloader and has to be manually rebooted. the open recovery scripts sometimes do nothing and you will boot into twrp and have to manually do all selections. i think it needs an update for kitkat

Last edited:

laithmurad

Feb 5, 2012
Hmm... that sounds bad. I'm sorry to hear this.

This is what *I* would have tried next. I'm not advising you to do the same (because of the cost of losing everything)--you will have to decide for yourself and see if you can find another possible solution. It assumes that you are still able to get to the bootloader (hold vol + and - and power), and that you are familiar with fastboot commands.

I would download the official 4.3 image, and do a complete flash of the image, wiping cache and data while at it, using fastboot. In other words, try to get it back to 4.3 factory state first. Then proceed from there to flash OTA using CWM (no need to flash CWM, use fastboot boot) sideload.

Alternatively, I might try booting into CWM recovery first, then do a wipe cache/data/etc. from there, i.e., a factory reset. Then try to apply OTA.

But as I said, doing the above loses all your settings and apps, so that might be a high cost to pay as yet.

Additional:

For instructions for using fastboot, check out this tread for the Galaxy Nexus. It's pretty much the same for the Nexus 10. Note that after unlocking the bootloader, you will have to wipe data/cache, else the thing will go into bootloop.

I just noticed that my suggestion is pretty much what owentan328 is saying, though using fastboot commands rather than through the toolkit.

Wow! This is very informative, thank you. I ended up doing this yesterday. It worked perfectly.

minjiet

Jan 14, 2010
Help.....now stuck at bootloop.

What should i do now.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1384513353134.jpg
    1384513353134.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 271

mihalich1

May 29, 2012
South Orange County, CA
i confirm this worked for me as well. i finally got to see what comes after the bouncing balls (don't go there...) yay!
must be something that twrp cannot do included in that zip.
wahoo!

ok, i notice lots of strangeness. it will not flash root and recovery easily. it sticks on certain pages in the bootloader and has to be manually rebooted. the open recovery scripts sometimes do nothing and you will boot into twrp and have to manually do all selections. i think it needs an update for kitkat

Are you using TWRP 2.6.3.1? It was just released a couple of days ago, presumably with 4.4 changes...i did't read the release notes though so not sure. Someone else on here said booting to recovery and flashing the zip worked for him with 2.6.3.1. So maybe that version will work for what you're trying to do.

Joe

cnlson

Help.....now stuck at bootloop.

What should i do now.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

depends, did you do a backup before you flashed? just format (i formatted system) and then restore the backup and was right back up
then you can either try updating twrp (i can't figure out how to just yet) or use flash from adb from the toolkit and that worked for me

if you don't have a backup. you can try from twrp to anything off that you don't want to lose and you will need to then reimage to 4.3
then once done you can use adb side load, return recovery to stock, or update twrp to 2.6.3.1

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Are you using TWRP 2.6.3.1? It was just released a couple of days ago, presumably with 4.4 changes...i did't read the release notes though so not sure. Someone else on here said booting to recovery and flashing the zip worked for him with 2.6.3.1. So maybe that version will work for what you're trying to do.

Joe
nope, didn't know there was an update and haven't now figured out how to flash it

wfm_de

Mar 31, 2011
Stein
EMMC error message applying ota

I need your help!
Have JWR66Y, rooted and TWRP 2.6.3.0 running.

When I try to apply OTA per sideload, I get error
EMMC:/dev/block/platform/dw_mmc.0/by-name/boot:4753408:.....

Tried with cwm, but same result.

Is there a way to apply android 4.4 without a fullwipe ??
Any suggestions ?

El Daddy

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2008
Roseville, MN
I need your help!
Have JWR66Y, rooted and TWRP 2.6.3.0 running.

When I try to apply OTA per sideload, I get error
EMMC:/dev/block/platform/dw_mmc.0/by-name/boot:4753408:.....

Tried with cwm, but same result.

Is there a way to apply android 4.4 without a fullwipe ??
Any suggestions ?

Replace the stock kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: oldblue910

wfm_de

Mar 31, 2011
Stein
Download the 4.3 image. Extract the folder to the images.

Boot into the bootloader and use fastboot. Type the command:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hello El Daddy,

I have done, what you told me and all is running well !
OTA is applied and 4.4 is rooted.

Thank you very very much ! :victory:

aa_chow

Mar 2, 2012
Toronto
Well, check this out : /cache/95106d222c42cc32027c32028ccfb1fb69f894da.signed-mantaray-KRT16S-from-KRT16O.95106d22.zip

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Don't k ow if this is just an illusion, but this update seems to have fixed the occasional jitters (none when on 4.3) when i play FIFA13 and watching YouTube.

The jitters exist both on the initial 4.4 factory image on both Nexus 10 and Nexus 7 Flo.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

xenios

Apr 2, 2006
Nicosia
Got the OTA today for my Nexus 10, still waiting for the Nexus 4.
Odd thing is as I read a post on androidpolice of somebody that got the OTA and flashed it while with custom recovery without any changes.
I tried it and whaddayaknow, it restarted in TWRP, installed update and rebooted back and everything works part from root that's missing the binary. So just one step to do now.
Is there some magic with the latest TWRP going on?

Update: TWRP was replaced by stock recovery

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts