App request stream from phone to tv?

Search This thread

recepo1

May 29, 2010
Philly,PA
Did some google research was trying to find an app where i can get whats streaming on my phone to the tv ..something similar along the lines of air play ......recommendations?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

recepo1

May 29, 2010
Philly,PA
I know its apps where downloaded videos you can share to your tv...but videos im streaming on my phone i wanted to play on my tv i guess the cable you mentioned may be the best bet

Did the mhl work for you? I ran a quick attempt and it wasn't seeing anything. MAYBE I needed to use a different cable and wall plug, I was using one that, it seems now, isn't supplying a lot of power.

Just wanting a confirmation that the mhl works.

+1

There is the allshare hub

I just broke down n bought an mhl cable tho
Much cheeper

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

_Dennis_

Did some google research was trying to find an app where i can get whats streaming on my phone to the tv ..something similar along the lines of air play ......recommendations?

You can do this in YouTube app. You need a TV with YouTube though I believe. Not sure how it works though, never felt the need to get it working for me.

nightfall987

Dec 31, 2008
mhl converter

Mhl works great. You just need to make sure if you are searching amazon or eBay or whatever you use to make sure it's the one for the s3 or note 2. The cable for the s2 is different for some reason. Allshare hub is ok but gets laggy on anything other than pics and videos you have on the phone already. Trying to stream Netflix from the phone through the hub doesn't work very well at all.

tppickles

Feb 3, 2011
Kingston
I use my xbox360 to stream stuff from my phone to my tv works flawlessly for music video and images. If you have any other device that supports DLNA that would work as well

eurohomie

Oct 19, 2011
Houston
You can do this in YouTube app. You need a TV with YouTube though I believe. Not sure how it works though, never felt the need to get it working for me.

I actually use that feature... pretty much go into your tv youtube app and under the sign in part theres something where you share your screen, pretty much go into that and take your tvs code and type it into your phones youtube app and a little button will appear for you when looking at videos on your phone similar to the one in gallery to share pics/vids...

Great for old movies or tv shows on youtube

safeplayer22

Jan 23, 2009
New York
Just use the mhl adapter. get one from ebay. cost like $10. This is the one I got and it works flawlessly:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251194581683

Just plug it into the phone then plug in the ac adapter (it needs power) and connect the HDMI cable from adapter to tv and BOOM, a mini power computer. I have a bluetooth mouse and keyboard paired to the phone and it works great. The only thing it would make it perfect is if I can stream the optimum tv app. unfortunately the optimum tv app can detect if you are using an "external" display and it won't show the video on the tv. But you can stream watchespn, hbo go, max go and pretty much any other apps onto the big screen.

I tried to ask if anyone can hack the optimum app to allow it to be used with external display but no one replied.

Last edited:

trevor7428

Feb 10, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
No one has heard of the app mirrorop. Haven't tried on note yet. But on Asus Transformer Pad TF300T it mirrors your screen exactly but to a PC. (Which I had connected to my TV via HDMI) only downside is doesn't stream audio. Use some Bluetooth speakers. Works well

prepaidguy9081

Oct 16, 2012
Pensacola
using mhl update
tv must be mhl compatable or the cable convert to hdmi n not just wires but some actual brain
second. get the 11 pin not the 5 pin mhl adapter or it wont work on note ii. [sgs2 mhl adapter wont work]

Sent from my SGH-T889

N3xU5one

Aug 31, 2010
TX
Yeah have been using the allshare dongle myself got it with the 50% disount off sammys website.... works perfect for me only problem it doesnt work on anything but stock/rooted rom .... there is a bounty in another thread but not looking to good so for now mhl or the dongle are the best choices out

justjager

Oct 7, 2009
Little Rock
My cable is for the SIII

How much did the cable cost?

Hi, I bought a cable off of ebay (red) for $11.00 packaged for the SIII but works fine on my N2, and with my stock 2.0amp charger it stays charged, though is barely charges because of the power drain. But output of both the video and audio come through fine on my vizio tv.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: recepo1

recepo1

May 29, 2010
Philly,PA
Thanks i will try and look into that card the previous cord i got doesnt work at all

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium

Gack69

Nov 30, 2011
Louisville
For any of you guys who own a Roku media box. You can use the app from the Playstore: Juice for Roku. You just add the Juice channel to your Roku device, install the Android app...connect it to your Roku, then you can stream your Pics (individually or slideshow), and video's all wirelessly to your TV through your Roku.

Top Liked Posts