FORUMS

Android for LG Fathom (WIFI+Bluetooth+Audio)

191 posts
Thanks Meter: 145
 
By ajeet17181, Senior Member on 23rd August 2011, 01:12 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
24th October 2011, 11:03 AM |#141  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 145
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgi-geo

guys there are many links in this thread, can you give me the link to the best working version?

go for 2.2 , that you can download from first post.
25th October 2011, 03:45 AM |#142  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hey ajit bro happy diwali to u and ur family. Hey plz my request is to work on gsm/3g support.
25th October 2011, 05:42 AM |#143  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 145
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggu5789

Hey ajit bro happy diwali to u and ur family. Hey plz my request is to work on gsm/3g support.

Happy Diwali , I have tried GSM it looks like APN part is locked by Verizon as I am not able to set apn through at+cgdcont however VZAccessManger is able to set apn, What this means is it is likely impossible to get 3g,gprs working on android unless we are able to crack gsm radio (AMSS) , It also possible that the device will stop booting if any wrong modification in AMSS. For USSD and incoming we can do something, I will try that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajeet17181 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajeet17181 Ad-Free
27th October 2011, 11:30 AM |#144  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I have tried GSM it looks like APN part is locked by Verizon as I am not able to set apn through at+cgdcont however VZAccessManger is able to set apn, What this means is it is likely impossible to get 3g,gprs working on android unless we are able to crack gsm radio (AMSS) , It also possible that the device will stop booting if any wrong modification in AMSS. For USSD and incoming we can do something, I will try that.[/QUOTE]

Thank u for ur reply ajit bro. It looks like it might not possible for gsm support. Anyways thank u very much for ur work and dedication.
27th October 2011, 03:21 PM |#145  
Junior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggu5789

I have tried GSM it looks like APN part is locked by Verizon as I am not able to set apn through at+cgdcont however VZAccessManger is able to set apn, What this means is it is likely impossible to get 3g,gprs working on android unless we are able to crack gsm radio (AMSS) , It also possible that the device will stop booting if any wrong modification in AMSS. For USSD and incoming we can do something, I will try that.

Thank u for ur reply ajit bro. It looks like it might not possible for gsm support. Anyways thank u very much for ur work and dedication.[/QUOTE]

+1
27th October 2011, 04:27 PM |#146  
Senior Member
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeet17181

go for 2.2 , that you can download from first post.

thanks, i'll do that

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

guys is there something you can do about that 50-60 pixels from left (6-7mm) there is one pixel misplacement (sorry for my english)



this is not an actual screenshot i just edited it, but it looks just like that
27th October 2011, 04:38 PM |#147  
www2287's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgi-geo

thanks, i'll do that

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

guys is there something you can do about that 50-60 pixels from left (6-7mm) there is one pixel misplacement (sorry for my english)



this is not an actual screenshot i just edited it, but it looks just like that

this is a kernel issue.

p.s if you have time, you can try my cyanogenmod 7.1 (android 2.3.7) build. This is a little better than 2.2 (in my version lightsensor works, keyboard layout is not wrong and a better ramdisk - without unneeded stuff)
The Following User Says Thank You to www2287 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift www2287 Ad-Free
27th October 2011, 05:55 PM |#148  
Senior Member
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by www2287

this is a kernel issue.

p.s if you have time, you can try my cyanogenmod 7.1 (android 2.3.7) build. This is a little better than 2.2 (in my version lightsensor works, keyboard layout is not wrong and a better ramdisk - without unneeded stuff)

ok i'll try

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

quick question: how do i turn the phone off? :}

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

aslo is there any way you can get accelerometer working?
27th October 2011, 06:17 PM |#149  
www2287's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgi-geo

ok i'll try

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

quick question: how do i turn the phone off? :}

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

aslo is there any way you can get accelerometer working?

hold taskmgr button and select "shutdown"

i'm working on accelerometer and proximity sensor now.
The Following User Says Thank You to www2287 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift www2287 Ad-Free
27th October 2011, 08:16 PM |#150  
Senior Member
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by www2287

hold taskmgr button and select "shutdown"

i'm working on accelerometer and proximity sensor now.


thats good. also what about camera? is there anything you can do?

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

also there is 1 - 2 mm cut from the right side
28th October 2011, 09:50 AM |#151  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 145
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgi-geo

thats good. also what about camera? is there anything you can do?

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

also there is 1 - 2 mm cut from the right side

If we know which camera hardware is there i can modify kernel for that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajeet17181 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajeet17181 Ad-Free
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes