FORUMS

Android for LG Fathom (WIFI+Bluetooth+Audio)

191 posts
Thanks Meter: 145

By ajeet17181, Senior Member on 23rd August 2011, 01:12 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
28th October 2011, 09:50 AM |#151  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 145

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgi-geo

thats good. also what about camera? is there anything you can do?

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

also there is 1 - 2 mm cut from the right side

If we know which camera hardware is there i can modify kernel for that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajeet17181 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajeet17181 Ad-Free
28th October 2011, 01:36 PM |#152  
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeet17181

If we know which camera hardware is there i can modify kernel for that.

there is no way to find out what hardware is there?

there is this page in service manual, but i assume it won't help? http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6...1028163434.jpg
28th October 2011, 09:52 PM |#153  
Flag Tbilisi

More
maybe i'm doing something wrong but i cant get market on the phone, or install apps from website, i installed 3 different versions of market but when they ask me to log in and i click yes it just goes to android home screen and nothing happens. also nothing happens when i click install on the site. it says application will be downloaded on your device but it doesnt happen, any ideas?
29th October 2011, 08:57 AM |#154  
Thanks Meter: 44

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

maybe i'm doing something wrong but i cant get market on the phone, or install apps from website, i installed 3 different versions of market but when they ask me to log in and i click yes it just goes to android home screen and nothing happens. also nothing happens when i click install on the site. it says application will be downloaded on your device but it doesnt happen, any ideas?

download gapps and place these files to the dirs via root explorer
The Following User Says Thank You to www2287 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift www2287 Ad-Free
29th October 2011, 10:57 AM |#155  
Flag Tbilisi

More
thanks , i somehow came to gapps myself yesterday but when i paste copied files in system folder it says copy failure

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

all done. never mind, i was copying incorrectly i think, now its done.i finally got into market THANKS
30th October 2011, 05:18 PM |#156  
Flag Tbilisi

More
any progress?
31st October 2011, 04:18 PM |#157  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

any progress?

there is no any progress from me, because last week i working
The Following User Says Thank You to www2287 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift www2287 Ad-Free
31st October 2011, 04:33 PM |#158  
Flag Tbilisi

More
you're still doing great work. i just hope you and ajeet won't abandon this thread, cause you're doing an amazing job.

one more question. how hard is it to do what you guys are doing? what knowledge is necessary to help you? and what tools do you use? thanks
31st October 2011, 06:02 PM |#159  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

you're still doing great work. i just hope you and ajeet won't abandon this thread, cause you're doing an amazing job.

one more question. how hard is it to do what you guys are doing? what knowledge is necessary to help you? and what tools do you use? thanks

I think, kernel porting is very very hard work (ajeet doing this). Android porting (cyanogenmod, MIUI, etc) - is not very hard, but is not very easy.
You should know C, make, git (+ repo), android build system and unix environment.
31st October 2011, 08:16 PM |#160  
Flag Tbilisi

More
thats too hard for me . but if theres new build you want to test or something like that feel free to ask i'll do it.
2nd November 2011, 04:07 AM |#161  
Flag Hyrule
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeet17181

for keyboard if adb is running on expo what you can do press keys on your device and see dmesg output , in that output you will see row ,column and key value of fathom, send me that row column value and desire key (what you actually want) then i will prepare a new kernel for you. In same kernel i will give you touchscreen dmesg output functionality so then we will know what value we have to change.

I've been too busy to play around with Android lately, but I'm still interested in this project. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do what you suggested. What is adb, and how do I tell if it's running? And what keys do I have to press to see dmesg output? And is all of this done in WM or in Android?

On another note, I tried www's cyanogenmod on my LG IQ tonight, and it worked quite well. I tried the alpha 3 version. It took longer to boot than Ajeet's 2.3.5 version I tried, which booted in under a minute. Cyanogen took 4 or 5 minutes to boot, and it let me get to the home screen and play around with a few things. The touch screen and keyboard are still off by too much to type anything (e.g. typing an "a" resulted in a "d" and typing delete/backspace resulted in a 'k'. Touch the very bottom of the delete button would produce an 'm').

I did notice that pressing the fingerprint scanner button three times always took me back to the home screen.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread