FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

changeScreen v2.78! -- (screen rotation app)

795 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By 600GOL, Senior Member on 3rd January 2009, 05:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd July 2009, 04:00 AM |#611  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk25t

dumb new user question: after you install this application, check the enable checkbox, restart the phone, then by default, all the applications in the phone (except the exceptions of course) will be able to rotate, am I right? But I found in my phone (Diamond 2), only a few applications will rotate, and in a very slow response. Anything I did wrong? Do I need to setup it or do something else? Thanks.

I don't think you did anything wrong... If you set your Default to all orientations and have absolutely NO exceptions - your device should rotate as you turn it no matter what app is open... If that doesn;t work there is something wrong...
3rd July 2009, 04:01 AM |#612  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_BlackAdder

I too feel that rotation of Manila 2 is very slow, especially from Landscape back to Portrait. Perhaps it is a problem of Manila 2, too resource hungry. Anyway, below is what the export text:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<DocumentElement>
<changeScreen>
<exception>Default</exception>
<portrait>true</portrait>
<reverse_landscape>true</reverse_landscape>
<reverse_portrait>false</reverse_portrait>
<landscape>true</landscape>
</changeScreen>
</DocumentElement>

That looks fine - you have no exceptions? Anyway I've never used Manila2 so i'm not too sure about how responsive it should be - does anyone else experience this with Manila2?
3rd July 2009, 04:03 AM |#613  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacginc

I have a Touch HD and have installed 2.75 with Dutty's 3.9XT. For some reason this appears not to work. I have tryied just about everthing. Is there a trick I'm missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRalphMan

Does anything rotate? Opera for example, which should rotate if CS isn't running.
Might sound like a silly question, have you...

Set it to enabled?
Set a default action on the first screen?
Set any exceptions up?

Paul.

Thanks for helping out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacginc

Thanks, Paul for the replay.

I spent hours trying to get this thing to work and nothing. I had everything checked and/or uncheck, loaded or unloaded, started and restarted - and nothing. But finally,....I saw something somewhere on a post where the guy asked another guy to, on the help tab, export the settings. He then changed all the "false"s to "true"s and reimported them. I did this and "wa-la" it worked . All it did was check everything like I had done, but this time it worked. Can explain it , but don't care now it works.

Thats really freakin' weird! I have no idea what would make it act this way. I'm glad you researched around because I never would have suggested that. Maybe there's a remedy - I'll check it out regardless...
3rd July 2009, 05:59 AM |#614  
Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600GOL

That looks fine - you have no exceptions? Anyway I've never used Manila2 so i'm not too sure about how responsive it should be - does anyone else experience this with Manila2?

No, I have no exceptions.

I thought about adding Manila 2 to the exception list. But then landscape photo will be displayed as portrait at the Manila 2 Home screen (the Album tab) and that annoyed me.

Apart from this problem with Manila 2 everything works very well. Great app.
5th July 2009, 10:08 PM |#615  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus72

I have solved the problem by overwriting the dll LargeTitleBar with the one atteched.

where can i overwriting for this file?? i must put this file where?

thanks in advanced
5th July 2009, 10:13 PM |#616  

More
I HAVE htc touch hd and the program works fine!! BUUUUUUT when i rotate at mainly screen the menu options get some kinf of bug.
the main menu is all mixed side and ineligible.
What is it??
Someone can help me??
thanks in advanced
Gus
6th July 2009, 12:04 PM |#617  

More
Screen Rotate on Diamond Touch
The Application works fine, but the Standard Rom from o2 dosn't support a landcape mode. If the screen rotates on Manila to landscape, it rotate only the portait to landscape, it looks bad.

Someone have an idea?

Greats snoopik
6th July 2009, 03:20 PM |#618  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopik

The Application works fine, but the Standard Rom from o2 dosn't support a landcape mode. If the screen rotates on Manila to landscape, it rotate only the portait to landscape, it looks bad.

Someone have an idea?

Greats snoopik

Got the same problem mate. I just turned it off on manila. apart from that wow love the program
6th July 2009, 06:57 PM |#619  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbrazil

I HAVE htc touch hd and the program works fine!! BUUUUUUT when i rotate at mainly screen the menu options get some kinf of bug.
the main menu is all mixed side and ineligible.
What is it??
Someone can help me??
thanks in advanced
Gus

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopik

Someone have an idea?

Greats snoopik

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0nkeyman

Got the same problem mate. I just turned it off on manila. apart from that wow love the program

?? Do you all have manila in your exceptions list? It should have only the portrait box checked. This way you could have manila perform like normal (it just wont rotate).
6th July 2009, 07:03 PM |#620  
OP Senior Member
nyc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_BlackAdder

No, I have no exceptions.

I thought about adding Manila 2 to the exception list. But then landscape photo will be displayed as portrait at the Manila 2 Home screen (the Album tab) and that annoyed me.

Apart from this problem with Manila 2 everything works very well. Great app.

Damn... can anyone else give us some 2nd opinions on how changeScreen works with Manila2. I'd like to know whether its laggy for everyone or something specific to Lord_BlackAdder's device...
6th July 2009, 11:47 PM |#621  

More
I did not include none exceptions. in the main screen when i rotate to landscape the main menu just become mixes and ineligible....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)