[HELP THREAD][XPERIA S, ACRO S & ION]Ask any question. NOOB friendly

Search This thread

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
There are a lot of current users of the Xperia S/Acro S/ Sola and a lot of new users coming through here aswell. There are also a lot of questions being asked time and time again, aswell as a lot of new users being flamed and/or trolled for asking a simple question. This is filling up our Q&A and Development forums with junk which doesn't need to be there.
Instead, just point them to this thread to get all the help they require, which in turn, lessens the clutter of the forums aswell.

If you're reading this and you're a new user to XDA, I suggest you read the XDA New User Guide by mf2112, as it contains all the information you'll need to have a happy and productive time across the whole of XDA.
And please be sure to read A Note From The Moderators and WHAT BELONGS IN DEVELOPMENT aswell.

Post #2 will include the rules which I'm putting in place for this thread, which I expect you all to abide to.
It may also include an FAQ of questions which get asked fairly often, yet don't have a specific thread to find the answer. (I'm still deciding on this idea yet though). It will also include some important links for you all to check out.

In post #3 you'll find the links to different ROMs and kernels for the Xperia S. Links provided by Felimenta97.

ASK ANY RELATED QUESTION HERE,bootloader, drivers, how to root etc...... You will either get an answer here or will be given the best thread for you to go to so you can get your answer.

Even if you find your answer from one of the links provided, please come back here and look through the other threads, as you may learn something else you didn't know.

No abuse towards noobs or silly questions is tolerated here!

This is a joint project to help us all out. Special thanks to Felimenta97 for being a part of this and providing all the links in post #3.
Special thanks to neectron for also being a part of this thread and helping out those who have questions about the Xperia Sola.
Special thanks to Spectre51 for also being a part of the help available in this thread.

Thanks to all of our developers and people who created those amazing threads to help us out and thanks to everyone who reads this thread :)

If this post has helped you, please click the "Thanks" button rather than actually saying thanks all the time. It reduces clutter :cool:

If there's any links that I missed which you think should be included, please let me know and tell me why you think it should be posted.
I will also be requesting thread maintenance as and when it is needed to remove any SPAM comments etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
Please make sure you have read the whole of the first post before continuing to read this.

Whilst posting in this thread, please remember that the Forum Rules (post 2) apply as always.
*No calling anyone a noob
*No making fun of someone's genuine question
*No swearing - even using *'s or other symbols is still swearing, so don't do it
*No posting useless comments/off topic comments
*No posts saying "Thanks" (I won't be so harsh if you actually click the "Thanks" button aswell")

If you break these rules, I will contact our FSMs to get the comments removed.

You may think that these rules are a little bit strict, but this thread is aimed at being as useful as possible to all of us, so I'm sure we'd all prefer it if this thread was kept as tidy as possible.

Here's some useful links to help you out :-

Xperia S - The Basics by DooMLoRD

Flashtool specifically for Xperia S by Androxyde + [FLASHTOOL GUIDE]HOW TO for n00bies by Crowds

[Tutorial] Xperia S/P/U/Sola Bootloader Unlocking & Relocking by DooMLoRD

[Guide]Rooting Xperia S ICS and GB (Locked Bootloaders) by Sharaz22

Root Method For Most ICS/JB Devices by Bin4ry

Recoveries -
{Recovery} FreeXperia - Xperia S [12.04.2012] by Bin4ry

[RECOVERY][Xperia S] DooMRecovery by DooMLoRD

Last edited by a moderator:

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
The version of everything won't be displayed as it would take a lot of effort to change everything.

For now, everything will be for Xperia S and ICS only. If anyone wants, PM me or kidcarter93 and we will add GB ROMs and Kernels whenever any of us have time.

ROMs:

CyanogenMod 9.1
by FXP

CyanogenMod 10
by FXP

MIUI
by MIUI Team

AOKP JB - Kang Xperia Project
by championswimmer

KA Xperia SSpeed - Stock Based
by krabappel2548

Eracher ROM
by Eracher

Du@lCore ROM
by Du@lCore

ExtremeICSrom
by YousifNael

XCreaM
by c3ma138 and seburton

MessyMIUI (slightly modded MIUI)
by chiefy009

Kernels:

Xperia SSpeed kernel
by krabappel2548

Pure ICS kernel - CM9
by krabappel2548

Advanced Stock ICS Kernel
by Arakmar

XSX Kernel
by mericon

Other things:

Dual Boot for XS
by letama

Post Changelog:

15/09/12 -> Added 2 ROMs and Other things section.

Last edited:

mred88

Aug 27, 2012
Padang
Boot loop Xperia SSpeedkernel

hello..im ed from malaysia.

i would like to ask..i just flash Xperia SSpeedkernel v6 from recovery mod and i followed all the instruction..but it seem that im trapped in the Xperia SSpeedkernel logo loop..Im on stock rom 6.1.A.2.45..how am i going to get this to work?:confused:

Reactions: franklin93

KidCarter93

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
Huawei P Smart+ 2019
Redmi 7A
hello..im ed from malaysia.

i would like to ask..i just flash Xperia SSpeedkernel v6 from recovery mod and i followed all the instruction..but it seem that im trapped in the Xperia SSpeedkernel logo loop..Im on stock rom 6.1.A.2.45..how am i going to get this to work?:confused:
Hi,
The xperia sspeed kernel v6 isn't guaranteed to work on stock ROMs, even though it does work with some.

If you're able to boot into recovery, flash the Advanced Stock ICS Kernel linked in this thread and it should work fine for you.

mred88

Aug 27, 2012
Padang
Hi,
The xperia sspeed kernel v6 isn't guaranteed to work on stock ROMs, even though it does work with some.

If you're able to boot into recovery, flash the Advanced Stock ICS Kernel linked in this thread and it should work fine for you.

thnx for the help..i guess i'll just be using the advanced stock ics kernel then..

baddyzme

Aug 10, 2012
Help, i unlocked my sony xperia s and installed roms and stuff but i don't want this anymore.. Now if i want to install an officiual upgrade like 6.1.a.2.45 then it won't upgrade, can anyone help me

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
Help, i unlocked my sony xperia s and installed roms and stuff but i don't want this anymore.. Now if i want to install an officiual upgrade like 6.1.a.2.45 then it won't upgrade, can anyone help me

To use Sony programs again (not including MEDIA GO) you would have to relock your bootloader. But you can download the firmware you want and use Flashtool to flash it on your phone.

I will add later a link to a thread with the stock firmware.

Sent from my LT26i with Tapatalk 2

AnrgKrshn

Sep 7, 2012
Hyderabad
Hi all

I just flashed Advanced Stock Kernel on my Xperia S today, after I had a problem 'cause I flashed DooMKernel over ICS. I was wondering if the advanced stock kernel was pre rooted, 'cause it came with super user installed, but isn't giving root access or super user permission to any apps (including busybox) infact, after I installed busybox, random pop ups kept saying that root access was being denied to various apps. (I had Titanium Backup*Root and busybox installed) I'm really new to all of this, and would appreciate any help at all :)

Oh and also, Juice Defender detected a root and Apex launcher now allows me to add widgets from the app drawer, which required root access, if I'm not wrong. I'm wondering if I went wrong somewhere..

Thanks again :)

Oh god, it's all on and off, I don't know what's happening.

Last edited:

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
Hi all

I just flashed Advanced Stock Kernel on my Xperia S today, after I had a problem 'cause I flashed DooMKernel over ICS. I was wondering if the advanced stock kernel was flashed, 'cause it came with super user installed, but isn't giving root access or super user permission to any apps (including busybox) infact, after I installed busybox, random pop ups kept saying that root access was being denied to various apps. (I had Titanium Backup*Root and busybox installed) I'm really new to all of this, and would appreciate any help at all :)

Thanks again :)

Try opening the superuser app to see what it says. Also, I recommend.SuperSU.

Sent from my LT26i with Tapatalk 2

KidCarter93

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
Huawei P Smart+ 2019
Redmi 7A
It says allowed in the app, but the logs keep saying denied. It's not giving root access to any apps. I don't know what's happening. Did I not flash it properly?
I'd suggest installing Root Checker to make sure whether you are intact rooted or not.
If it says you're not rooted, then simply root your device and everything will be fine.
If it says you are rooted, there may possibly be something wrong with permissions.

AnrgKrshn

Sep 7, 2012
Hyderabad
I'd suggest installing Root Checker to make sure whether you are intact rooted or not.
If it says you're not rooted, then simply root your device and everything will be fine.
If it says you are rooted, there may possibly be something wrong with permissions.

Yeah, I tried Root Checker and it says that it's not intact. Also, the Apex launcher thing isn't working anymore (Adding widgets from the drawer, which needs root access)

But in Super User it says root permission granted to RootChecker and busybox, but like I said, the logs keep saying denied. So I'm not sure

I'd be really grateful if you can point me in the direction of a way to root my phone. I thought advanced stock kernel is rooted. Should I Flash KA S Speed kernel and flash Stock kernel again? I'm sorry if I sound stupid, this is my first Android...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are a lot of current users of the Xperia S/Acro S/ Sola and a lot of new users coming through here aswell. There are also a lot of questions being asked time and time again, aswell as a lot of new users being flamed and/or trolled for asking a simple question. This is filling up our Q&A and Development forums with junk which doesn't need to be there.
    Instead, just point them to this thread to get all the help they require, which in turn, lessens the clutter of the forums aswell.

If you're reading this and you're a new user to XDA, I suggest you read the XDA New User Guide by mf2112, as it contains all the information you'll need to have a happy and productive time across the whole of XDA.
    And please be sure to read A Note From The Moderators and WHAT BELONGS IN DEVELOPMENT aswell.

Post #2 will include the rules which I'm putting in place for this thread, which I expect you all to abide to.
    It may also include an FAQ of questions which get asked fairly often, yet don't have a specific thread to find the answer. (I'm still deciding on this idea yet though). It will also include some important links for you all to check out.

In post #3 you'll find the links to different ROMs and kernels for the Xperia S. Links provided by Felimenta97.

ASK ANY RELATED QUESTION HERE,bootloader, drivers, how to root etc...... You will either get an answer here or will be given the best thread for you to go to so you can get your answer.

Even if you find your answer from one of the links provided, please come back here and look through the other threads, as you may learn something else you didn't know.

No abuse towards noobs or silly questions is tolerated here!

This is a joint project to help us all out. Special thanks to Felimenta97 for being a part of this and providing all the links in post #3.
    Special thanks to neectron for also being a part of this thread and helping out those who have questions about the Xperia Sola.
    Special thanks to Spectre51 for also being a part of the help available in this thread.

Thanks to all of our developers and people who created those amazing threads to help us out and thanks to everyone who reads this thread :)

If this post has helped you, please click the "Thanks" button rather than actually saying thanks all the time. It reduces clutter :cool:

If there's any links that I missed which you think should be included, please let me know and tell me why you think it should be posted.
    I will also be requesting thread maintenance as and when it is needed to remove any SPAM comments etc.
    The version of everything won't be displayed as it would take a lot of effort to change everything.

For now, everything will be for Xperia S and ICS only. If anyone wants, PM me or kidcarter93 and we will add GB ROMs and Kernels whenever any of us have time.

ROMs:

CyanogenMod 9.1
    by FXP

CyanogenMod 10
    by FXP

MIUI
    by MIUI Team

AOKP JB - Kang Xperia Project
    by championswimmer

KA Xperia SSpeed - Stock Based
    by krabappel2548

Eracher ROM
    by Eracher

Du@lCore ROM
    by Du@lCore

ExtremeICSrom
    by YousifNael

XCreaM
    by c3ma138 and seburton

MessyMIUI (slightly modded MIUI)
    by chiefy009

Kernels:

Xperia SSpeed kernel
    by krabappel2548

Pure ICS kernel - CM9
    by krabappel2548

Advanced Stock ICS Kernel
    by Arakmar

XSX Kernel
    by mericon

Other things:

Dual Boot for XS
    by letama

Post Changelog:

15/09/12 -> Added 2 ROMs and Other things section.
    Please make sure you have read the whole of the first post before continuing to read this.

Whilst posting in this thread, please remember that the Forum Rules (post 2) apply as always.
    *No calling anyone a noob
    *No making fun of someone's genuine question
    *No swearing - even using *'s or other symbols is still swearing, so don't do it
    *No posting useless comments/off topic comments
    *No posts saying "Thanks" (I won't be so harsh if you actually click the "Thanks" button aswell")

If you break these rules, I will contact our FSMs to get the comments removed.

You may think that these rules are a little bit strict, but this thread is aimed at being as useful as possible to all of us, so I'm sure we'd all prefer it if this thread was kept as tidy as possible.

Here's some useful links to help you out :-

Xperia S - The Basics by DooMLoRD

Flashtool specifically for Xperia S by Androxyde + [FLASHTOOL GUIDE]HOW TO for n00bies by Crowds

[Tutorial] Xperia S/P/U/Sola Bootloader Unlocking & Relocking by DooMLoRD

[Guide]Rooting Xperia S ICS and GB (Locked Bootloaders) by Sharaz22

Root Method For Most ICS/JB Devices by Bin4ry

Recoveries -
    {Recovery} FreeXperia - Xperia S [12.04.2012] by Bin4ry

[RECOVERY][Xperia S] DooMRecovery by DooMLoRD
    Great work.

You guys should add the thread which is in general section, which teaches how to flash to a different ics firmware KEEPING THE ROOT on locked bootloaders, which is obtained using sharaz22's method.

Use the thank button, it's there for a reason :)
    Sent from my LT26i using xda premium
    Thread extended to the Xperia P as well so let the questions fly and I will do my best to answer them.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ ion