[ROM][2012.09.19] Lenovo A750 custom ROM (GB&ICS)

Search This thread

cybermaus

Dec 6, 2008
Earth
www.campingtiveden.se
Ok, so not any hidden call issues then. That is good, at least you do not need to worry about being infected.

Other than that, I cannot say much, only that I personally am cautious with system monitoring and tuning apps like your battery monitor. Especially when several are loaded, for battery monitoring, cpu sleeping, task management etc. They may not always play well together or with the already build in functions.

leFloyd

Dec 22, 2005
Leipzig
Other than that, I cannot say much, only that I personally am cautious with system monitoring and tuning apps like your battery monitor. Especially when several are loaded, for battery monitoring, cpu sleeping, task management etc. They may not always play well together or with the already build in functions.
Thanks for the advice. The battery monitoring widget is for monitoring purposes only. It works very well for that...

I'm still curious wether there is some monitoring or logging besides catlog. How does one track down issues like that?

cybermaus

Dec 6, 2008
Earth
www.campingtiveden.se
Well, there is no new base release from Lenovo. Without a new base release, there is no reason to repeat a ported ROM.

I am (sometimes, when I have time) experimenting with languages and forcing JB on this hardware, but so far I have not been happy enough with those experiments to release them.

Reactions: cure72

leFloyd

Dec 22, 2005
Leipzig
As I'm trying the 707 without restoring apps and data, I experienced this again: "System UI has stopped" after dropping to 15 percent battery. I took a catlog, but hadn't time to look into, yet.

Sent from my Lenovo A750 using xda premium

amirseni

Jan 31, 2008
Change SIM background colors

Greetings,

I am running A750_ROW_S114_cybermaus_V3.1

Is there a possibility to change the colors available in the SIM background color selection dialog.

I would like to have the following colors: RED, YELLOW, ORANGE, BLUE

Thanks

cybermaus

Dec 6, 2008
Earth
www.campingtiveden.se
New download server

I am getting increasingly unhappy with 4Shared.
Specifically that they started to require people to sign up. It was not always like that. And they are not always fast.

So I am moving to Dev-Host. So if you see files dissappear, they will re-appear here.

Thanks

Reactions: cure72

rawe_etc

Apr 13, 2012
bandung
I found a link to a ported firmware from Lenovo S880 at bbs lenovomobile com - (here).

It looks promissing, it seems to be a stable rooted Lenovo ROM, without aditional chinese Programs, It should also run faster as the original A750 ROM.

Download from the Baidu page is very slow but I'll give it a try, since it is a Lenovo Rom. It has some minor modifications that I missed in original ROM (Battery with % display...). Here some screenshots:

181419o24f7wfcb4x1ww2b.png
18142415y1zed4jxzydaae.png
181427ai57bjjlwwheebei.png

.. ithink the lis is error .. can u give me the link .. for this rom thanks you :)

mailis

Apr 8, 2010
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
hello guys,
any of you have the new google play 4.0 for our device?

share it!

I just used the default apk from Android Police. After downloading and installing the apk, it works fine for me. I think you need to have Google Play installed, otherwise look and the first page how to do so.

Cybermaus, how is your work on JB? Still working on it and any good yet?

Last edited:

Boleyn

May 30, 2012
Not been on for a while but just tried the Cybermaus v3.1 ROM, after running on one of the APKHot ROMs for a while. Itsdefinitely the best ROM yet for this phone for me, so many, many thanks Cybermaus if you are still looking in on this thread.

Big advantages for me are (in England):

1. Much better battery llife
2. Much smoother/slicker
3. Less bloat (I got rid of the Lenovo Safe Centre stuff - but that's just personal preference)
4. My Mobile Provider (GiffGaff) worked out-of-the-box for the first time on any phone for me!

Thanks again, like a new lease of life for the phone, really appreciate your efforts.

amirseni

Jan 31, 2008
Wireless FIx

I am running 3.1 for quite a while. Recently about a month ago I started getting extremely poor wlan reception, I could only get two bars a meter away from the router and I couldn't get a signal one wall of separaion away. It was unlikely to be software because it worked fine and hadn't added anything that could remotely influence wlan.

As the phone had taken quite a beating and fallen a lot, I eventually opened the a750 and first thing that pops out is a contact. After fully opening it i notice a space missing where the contact should have been.

Tried the soldering iron on the contact, after exposing the track but the solder wouldn´t stick. So I used glue and applied pressure on the contact and after putting it back together the wlan is working fine.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to solder to contact directly to the track? if so please let me know, Thanks.

Here is the photo if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• lenovo_a750_wirelessfix.jpg
    lenovo_a750_wirelessfix.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 226
Reactions: baducu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please note this is a rewrite and cleanup of first post. Original firstpost is in post#3.

Here I publish the ROM's I make for the MT6575 based Lenovo Dual SIM phone
    The current and advised ROM is A750_ROW_S114_cybermaus_ICS_V3.1 described in post#2 below

This is the original A750 thread, but as not everyone can post in developer threads, I also have a publicly available new Q&A thread.
    I advise you post your question here (if a more advanced and development specific A750 question) or in the Q&A question.

I am not going to be policing, so you can post where you like, but I invite everyone to use this new thread for any Q&A, and this thread for ROM releases and deep development talk only. Please understand I do not know everything, so using the Q&A thread is better then PM'ing me, as that way maybe others know the answer too.

Also, I am moving file hosting to Dev-Host. So if you encounter a dead link to a ROM file, do look here in my Dev-Host folder.
    ICS IceCream Sandwich

Starting 2012/09/12 I have a second flavor of ICS ROM for the A750

ICS V1 ~ V1.3 are based on the original Lenovo A750 ROM's Most people tried them, but went on to APKHOT because of multilang. There was a V2, but never released
    ICS V3 and onward is based on the Lenovo P700 ROM, see below

ICS V1 series

It is a update.zip type update. If you already got S306, and rooted/gapps'ed it yourself, you could stick to that, this is the same, with some minor extra cleanup.

'Normal' cleanup actions:
    - Prevented update from overwriting Recovery
    - Added root (Chainfire) & gapps (CM9 120429) & Maps & Streetview
    - Cleaned Chinese & SmsReg
    - Replace talking Unicom bootup with silent butterfly
    - Set to US/en & added MoreLocale2
    - Added MobileUncle 2.0.9

Instructions for A750_S306_120530_cybermaus_ICS_V1:
    Assuming you have the custom recovery. If not, flash the recovery from my 4-shared using the flash tool.

- Put S306 V1 zip file on SD card (do not unzip)
    - Also put S306 V1.3 zip file on the SD card (do not unzip)
    - Boot into Recovery
    - First apply V1, then apply V1.3
    - Potentially, clear userdata and cache, especially if you come from any S14x GB
    - Reboot, and wait for it to complete.

BTW: It should probably be noted that while I packaged V1.2 and V1.3, it was again bgcngm who we have to thank for knowing how to solve the location problems.

If you already lost recovery due to the S306 OTA update, reinstall it using the flash method from first post.
    Please always respond if you tested it, even if you did not like it.
    Oh, and if you do like it, press the thanks button of course.

ICS V3 series

For a long time I guessed the P700 is similar to the A750, but why bother. Until I recently heard it has a multilingual ROW (Rest Of World 海外版) version!
    So I took the leap, and transplanted the A750 kernel into the P700 ROM (needed because the screen driver is different), and installed it on my A750.

It works pretty well. I did not need to fix location services or gapps (though I did put the newest in there). Also did I not need to clean up any Chinese apps. And the Calender is Chinese free, and the Dialer free of Chinese city names. So I barely had to do anything. Also GAPPS TTS was in there, though I still cannot find the settings menu.

But alas, the only 'multilang' in the ROW was Vietnamese. I guess "Rest Of World" is pretty limited.
    Also, for those of you that liked it, the Security App (Anti-Virus, and limit permissions per App, so sort of a firewall) is also missing. I may put it back in later, but I want to run vanilla for a while to test stability.

But it is still nice and clean, and all programs a month newer. And Chinese out of the browser/email-setup/calender/dialer. Oh, and for all of you that went to APKHOT because of the newer SIM taskbar icons: It also has the newer icons. For an ongoing list of findings in post #585

So for those of you that want to try: A750_ROW_S113_cybermaus_ICS_V3 based on P700_ROW_S113_120801.
    Assuming you have the custom recovery. If not, flash the recovery from my 4-shared using the flash tool.

A750_ROW_S114_cybermaus_ICS_V3.1

Based on factory ROM P700_ROW_S114_120903, and located in my Dev_host. Similar to V3, but newer, and a few extra tweaks.

Summery of changes:
    - Same as on V3, and additionally:
    - Whatever Lenovo fixed in their S114 (there is a unconfirmed suggestion that it may be signal strength related)
    - Different (better?) call-log and Caller-ID behavior, see post #3 below
    - Prepared busybox (you need to run script /system/xbin/installbusybox as root if you want it)
    - Added a tweak so USB-Debug notification is no longer shown
    - Added a tweak so Wifi works on all 14 international channels (rather than only the 11 US ones, may be undone if you set a different locale)
    - Kept the original S306 radio firmware (baseband). They had the same timestamp as the P700 one anyway.

Instructions:

This is a update.zip type ROM. If you are on any ICS ROM, you do not need to flash V3 first, you can directly flash V3.1"
    - Put ROW_S114 zip on SD card
    - Boot into recovery
    - Apply zip file
    - Reboot, and wait for it to complete.
    - If you came from a domestic Chinese ROM, clean data for calender, notes, desktop and if possible contacts, using these utilities. Or if you do not mind, wipe all data from recovery.

=================

BTW: Due to new forum rules, resulting in a large number of people that cannot post into developer threads and that subsequently PM me, I open op a new Q&A thread.

I am not going to be policing, so you can post where you like, but I invite everyone to use this new thread for any Q&A, and this thread for ROM releases and deep development talk only.

Consequently, if you PM'ed me, look for your reply in this new thread

Thanks

====================

PS: do drop me a reply if you use or tried it! Or press the 'thanks' button.
    Links to other A750 ROMS and other useful information:
    EDIT: I have not kept this list updated. Search this thread for other ROMS, especially Smileyvvv's APKHOT seems popular

Original A750 ROMs: (S14x=GB; S30x=ICS)
    A750_S148_120428 - Chinese/English - No root - No play store
    A750-S305-120514 - Chinese/English - No root - No play store
    A750_S306_120530 Original full S306 (no OTA, flash package)

Please note that all *official* ROMs come with password bbs.lenovomobile.com. If the password is missing, someone did something to the ROM. Also, there are 'root' images availible that only flash boot.img. These work by overwriting system.img *on every restart*. Creative, and I used it myself for a while, but currently I feel the method described below is a better method.

Other modified ROMs (GB):
    S750 S143 Etotalk Multilang
    A750_S148_120428_RUS by Anton_vrn V1.3 (true Russian translation!)
    BM's Hebrew fixed
    BaderMQ's multilang+Arabic fix
    (please note none of these are really multilang, just multi-locale, which means system apps will remain English, but third party apps can be set to other languages, similar to my ROM's, I simply do not make the claim. Anton is the only one who actually translated the ROM, but to only one new language)

Other modified ROMs (ICS)
    My ROM in sepo of course ;)
    lenovo750-4.0.3_Anton_vrn_v3.01(true multilang?? Hints that it contains: ar-de-es-fa-fr-in-it-nl-pt-ru-th-tr-vi-zh, but based on S305)
    Etotalk S306 multilang_by_Dean : It exists, but I do not know an internet location to download it from.

How to root a ROM yourself:
    - Flash the CWMR Recovery partition (the recovery only, not the root&recovery one)
    - Reboot into recovery (poweroff - Press/hold Power for 2 secs, then also Up/Down)
    - Apply this root update
    - Use RootExplorer to remove any Vending* or Phonesky* from /system/app
    - Apply the correct GB or ICS GAPPS package, from bottom page here, or its mirror here.
    - If a ICS rom, even though not from me, you may still want to apply my ICS V1.3 update, especially if you have location or market compatibility issues.
    @Timer2000

I admit that I was on the wrong track. I added some of Bruno's stuff (after ensuring it fits with the A750 config files) into ICS V1.2 update.zip. Just apply V1.2 onto V1 (you can skip V1.1) and it should work for all western apps that expect google location services rather than mediatek location services.

I was mislead by the fact that for me, both location apps that I used *did* work with the Chinese location provider. And later as the discussion raged, I could not check anything, because nothing worked in my Cairo hotel (wifi not recorded by google, cell location nor working on roaming sim, and no data on local sim) Oh, and I had to spend some time for my employer too, rather than hobbying :D

Anyway, I tested the V1.2 on my own phone, using 2 extra location apps that failed before, and now they are fast and precise.

Edit: PS, to people applying this: after applying you may need to clear data for the location apps in question and for market
    This trick worked for me on MT6575 V9, so it may work as well on A750. ;)

YES! thanks you for still keeping an eye on this thread and helping out when we get stuck.

Despite my suspicions, I spend most free time yesterday tryign to find how to set 'capabilities' on the phone, this seems like it.

Unfortunately, I am still in a place with location does not work, period, and whats more, I messed up the phone in my attempts, maps does not even start anymore (exactly why I should not play while on a business trip). But it does look very promising

EDIT: I make a update.zip that update your ICS A750 by updating the info Bruno refers to. Load ICS V1.1 (update.zip type) from my Dev-Host, use Titanium or recovery to clear cache for Play Store, and from now on location apps are shown as compatible.

To repeat: This does not fix location services if it is broken. It only ensures location applications are no longer listed as incompatible. Also, some apps need even more capabilities like NFC etc, so they would still be incompatible. If you have such an app, please get hold of (somehow) the official apk, and send it, then I can find out what its exact needed features are.

Thanks Bruno!