Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

post-mortem

Oct 4, 2012
You can try clearing cache & Dalvik. If that doesn't work, just reflash the stock ROM from the same thread.

And please don't type so big. It's unnecessary, and it makes you look bad.

TechMinerUK

Jun 8, 2013
www.techmineruk.net
Hi thank you for replying SilentStrider, Now my question may be really stupid but I'm not that experienced in flashing and processes like that which is why I probably shouldn't have done this in the first place. Anyway my questions are

Will a USB jig be better than triangle away or have less chance of bricking my phone and are stock kernels included in device firmware from this site. sammobile.com (No Hyperlink)
Also is there a noob friendly guide on this for me as I just seem to be screwing up everywhere

Im sorry if this is me being stupid or lazy but I just can't seem to find the answers in Google or Xda for my phone (i9100P) but I can find answers for i9100 but not on the kernel situation.

Sorry if there are answers which I have been blind of but I'm on my knees now for my phone to be returned to stock

Edit: Got Firmware from these links (They seem to be identical) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=43770938#post43770938 & http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9100P

Now I just need to install and use triangle away or USB jig?

Last edited:

mayank9856

Feb 18, 2013
Hi thank you for replying SilentStrider, Now my question may be really stupid but I'm not that experienced in flashing and processes like that which is why I probably shouldn't have done this in the first place. Anyway my questions are

Will a USB jig be better than triangle away or have less chance of bricking my phone and are stock kernels included in device firmware from this site. sammobile.com (No Hyperlink)
Also is there a noob friendly guide on this for me as I just seem to be screwing up everywhere

Im sorry if this is me being stupid or lazy but I just can't seem to find the answers in google or xda for my phone (i9100P) but I can find answers for i9100 but not on the kernel situation.

Sorry if there are answers which I have been blind of but I'm on my knees now for my phone to be returned to stock

There's a heck lot of risk I rooting ur phone itself... !!
So everything you do poses a risk of briking ur phone..
But the steps mentioned by the dev are enough to save u from bricking ur phone..

If its a first time u should first do a read up on the reasons behind each steps so u r sure of what u r doing...

Now on ur question
Its specified about what kernal the rom has..

End of the story..
Dont worry ..!!!!

Happy flashing

If it helped you, press thanks ;)

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda premium

Reactions: TechMinerUK

gius321

Mar 4, 2013
Tbilisi
Recovery Question

hello, i have changed some frameworks (also settings mod) after that some features didn't work properly (like can't change language it FC s...) also i if i reset factory i will get bootloop because of installed mods (like aeons small app mod)... yesterday i used pattern lock and when i set it immediately i got bootloop... i think because of other changed settings i think that if i restore my old backup (data) it will help and finally get my phone back... please tell me will it work? i don't want to completelly brick phone... im not advanced user... using Xperia Arc S Stock 4.0.4 ICS

efv

Jul 20, 2013
enquiry

This is all i could find about it, hopefully it helps:
General Specifications

Manufacturer: LENOVO
Model: MEDION E4002
Android: 4.1.1; eng.zhoudawei.1371626684; SDK16
Display: 800 x 480; DPI: 240; Evaluated Size: 3.9"
Touch Screen: Multitouch 2 points
GPU: PowerVR SGX 531; Imagination Technologies; OpenGL ES-CM 1.1; OpenGL ES 2.0 build 1.8@2116011
RAM: 512 MB (486 MB available)
Flash: 4 GB (3.521 GB actual)
Processor: 2 cores; ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l); Max: 1001.0 MHz; Min: 250.2 MHz

Communications

Phone: GSM, Dual SIM; Net: HSPA
WiFi: wlan_mt6628; IEEE 802.11 b/g/n; MediaTek MT6628; AP Mode
USB Host: No
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 3.0+HS, 4.0
GPS: Yes

Additional Features

Battery: Technology: Li-ion; Voltage: 3760
Camera: Photo: 4.9 MP; Max: 2560x1920; Focus: auto continuous-picture continuous-video macro infinity manual fullscan; Flash modes: auto on off torch
Additional Camera: Photo: 0.3 MP; Max size: 640x480; Focus: infinity; No flash
Magnetic field sensor: yamaha530 3-axis Magnetic Field sensor (Aichi Steel); range: 0...600; resolution: 0.002 (0%); power: 0.25mA;
Accelerometer: bma222 3-axis Accelerometer (The Android Open Source Project); range: 0...32; resolution: 0.004 (0.012%); power: 0.13mA;
Proximity sensor: tmd2771 Proximity Sensor (Capella); range: 0...1; resolution: 1 (100%); power: 0.13mA;
Light sensor: tmd2771 Light Sensor (Capella); range: 0...10240; resolution: 1 (0.01%); power: 0.13mA;
Vibrator: Yes
Supported languages: 51; Afrikaans; Amharic; Arabic; Belarusian; Bulgarian; Bengali; Catalan; Czech; Danish; German; Greek; English; Spanish; Estonian; Persian; Finnish; Filipino; French; Hebrew; Hindi; Croatian; Hungarian; Indonesian; Italian; Japanese; Khmer; Korean; Lithuanian; Latvian; Malay; Burmese; Norwegian; Dutch; Polish; Pashto; Portuguese; Romansh; Romanian; Russian; Slovak; Slovenian; Serbian; Swedish; Swahili; Thai; Turkish; Ukrainian; Urdu; Vietnamese; Chinese; Zulu
FM radio: Supported by chipset

(If you have a way for me to find the chipset on the device that would be nice :p)

-Cyn

Cyn: Thank you for the specs for the Medion E4002. I just got mine a few days ago. One thing I noticed is that the Orientation Sensor and the Magnetic field sensor do not seem to work ( no value on CPU-Z app/sensors), even though are both stated in CPU-Z as Yamaha530. Do you know if I have to do something to activate them or definitely are faulty?

gius321

Mar 4, 2013
Tbilisi
Bootloop + Flash ROM

if i have bootloop , should i flash a new rom using cwm? will it work? or still get bootloop?

akinis09

Jul 20, 2013
htc merge root help

good day to all. U guys ar really doing a great job here.am new 2 d world of android.i just procure htc merge verizon with 2.3.4 gb os.i'd lyk to root nd flash custom rom to it but it's my regret dat i hav little knowledge about it.i've searched 4 a sweetable method to root dis device but 2 no vain.i nid d help of d great gurus of dis great site.plz i nid a tutorial link of how to root htc merge and how to flash custom rom.bcos i bliv u guys wuld've treat dis before.thanks

TechMinerUK

Jun 8, 2013
www.techmineruk.net
There's a heck lot of risk I rooting ur phone itself... !!
So everything you do poses a risk of briking ur phone..
But the steps mentioned by the dev are enough to save u from bricking ur phone..

If its a first time u should first do a read up on the reasons behind each steps so u r sure of what u r doing...

Now on ur question
Its specified about what kernal the rom has..

End of the story..
Dont worry ..!!!!

Happy flashing

If it helped you, press thanks ;)

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda premium

That's the thing though, my phone is now running the stock O2 ICS 4.0.3 with rooted Syiah Kernel but I need my phone back to default kernel and to remove the flash count

Detailed Specs:

ROM: Android 4.0.3 ICS (i9100P) Stock O2
Base band: I9100PXXLPC
Build Number: IML74.XXLPH
Kernel Version: 3.0.15-Siyah-s2-v4.1.5+gm@ubuntu))
PDA: I9100PXXLPH
PHONE: I9100PXXLPC
CSC: I9100PO2ULP4

Sorry if I'm being needy or daft but I am new to the whole ROM scene

Edit: Ive downloaded the Stock rom for my phone in hope it has the stock kernel now i just need to have a guide on installing it) The file is from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1644850&page=2)

Last edited:

Jo_Dark

Jul 18, 2013
Belfort
Xperia S, protected sd Card

Hi everyone, since i've installed Trinity Vengeance Raptor XL 2.6, my sd card goes to protect mode...so i can't write on it. To prevent this problem, i must "fix permission" on the CWM...
My question is why, i must fix permissions every week ?
Excuse my english...i hope everyone understand the problem.
Thanks for your answers.

My phone
Xperia S 2012 4.1.2 JB
Custom Rom Trinity Vengeance Raptor XL 2.6
Trinity Ultimate Kernelx

Reactions: Nedmichael

P-J003

Jul 16, 2013
Alken
Paranoid Android port Xperia GO?

Hello Everyone,

Is there a Paranoid Android port available for the Xperia Go? If there isn't could somebody maybe do this? :fingers-crossed:

Thanks

Pieter-Jan

post-mortem

Oct 4, 2012
hello, i have changed some frameworks (also settings mod) after that some features didn't work properly (like can't change language it FC s...)

You can only do this if your ROM is deodexed.

Ah, sorry. What exactly is Dalvik? Also, I've flashed them both. The kernel and both stock and rooted ROMS.

Dalvik is Android's Java virtual machine. Every app has a Dalvik executable file associated with it. When you start Android, it will detect if there are new apps & create the .dex files for them. If the apps have changed, you should wipe the Dalvik cache to force the OS to rebuild it. This is accomplished through your recovery. Boot to recovery, and wipe the cache, and the Dalvik cache.

Also, ROMs have kernel files in them already. If you flash a stock ROM, for example, there's no need to flash the stock kernel.

Reactions: TechMinerUK

bbernardini

Jun 6, 2011
Change the keep alive value for a specific app?

I've been having some battery life issues lately. It would appear a possible culprit is IMO Messenger, which is waking up my phone every 2.6 minutes (approximately). Is there any way to increase the interval of this keep alive time to reduce the number of wakelocks? Thanks!

Samsung Victory

Have a Samsung ?Galaxy? Victory L300

I was rooted w/custom rom, but an OTA has trashed root (su missing, recovery stock).
I did some searches... can't find forum topic or ROM for "Samsung Victory L300".

Please point me in proper direction. Is there a diff name/number I should search for that is this phone?

Thx, Beach Geek

post-mortem

Oct 4, 2012
Have a Samsung ?Galaxy? Victory L300

I was rooted w/custom rom, but an OTA has trashed root (su missing, recovery stock).
I did some searches... can't find forum topic or ROM for "Samsung Victory L300".

Please point me in proper direction. Is there a diff name/number I should search for that is this phone?

Thx, Beach Geek
It's SPH-L300

It doesn't have it's own forum here on XDA, but we do have some threads. There is a whole forum over at androidforums, however:
http://androidforums.com/sprint-victory-4g-lte-all-things-root/

It's SPH-L300

It doesn't have it's own forum here on XDA, but we do have some threads. There is a whole forum over at androidforums, however:
*** link removed cause noob post ***

Thanks, checked out that link and I played around with adv search on here... found info about ROMs.

PS. From now on I'll be more careful letting my g'daughter use phone. (guessing she allowed the OTA update).

thx again.

JonahGrimm

Jul 20, 2013
So what do you recommend I do? Or at least how do I go about this? I have dalvik downloaded but I'm not sure what to do with it. I've cleared my normal cache from the recovery menu, tried installing my rooted rom again and still nothing. Do I have to put dalvik onto a memory stick then install it through there somehow? I mean, the flashes are successful, but it just reboots into recovery mode. . .

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

You can only do this if your ROM is deodexed.

Dalvik is Android's Java virtual machine. Every app has a Dalvik executable file associated with it. When you start Android, it will detect if there are new apps & create the .dex files for them. If the apps have changed, you should wipe the Dalvik cache to force the OS to rebuild it. This is accomplished through your recovery. Boot to recovery, and wipe the cache, and the Dalvik cache.

Also, ROMs have kernel files in them already. If you flash a stock ROM, for example, there's no need to flash the stock kernel.

So what do you recommend I do? Or at least how do I go about this? I have dalvik downloaded but I'm not sure what to do with it. I've cleared my normal cache from the recovery menu, tried installing my rooted rom again and still nothing. Do I have to put dalvik onto a memory stick then install it through there somehow? I mean, the flashes are successful, but it just reboots into recovery mode. . .

alphadog_1991

Jul 21, 2013
Allahabad
FUSE kernel for super jelly bean 4.1.2

hi,
im using a sony xperia ray. i had flashed the super jelly bean 4.1.2 rom by harsh586 which works great. its a lot better than the stock rom and is an update as well, but i wanted to use usb on the go on my device so i got "paragon ntfs+hfs" from google play. but when i ran it it said that i needed a FUSE kernel for running paragon or otg. it said updating my device might solve the problem.

can someone please tell me whats FUSE kernel and how i can get one but still retain the super jelly bean 4.1.2???

Top Liked Posts