[Recovery] ClockworkMod Recovery 1.3.4(updated 24.06.2011)

Search This thread

thor2002ro

Oct 11, 2007
www.tegraowners.com
OK, here is ClockworkMod Recovery for our beloved A500

NOTE:
If you encounter a problem with the filesystem on /data like it has become corrupt, place a blank file called "eraseData" (without the quotes) in the clockworkmod folder on your external sdcard or usb storage. This will revert back to actually formatting /data.
WARNING: by doing this you will lose everything that you have in /data/media.

Installation:
  1. use adb (PC):
    1. adb push recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.img /sdcard
    2. adb push itsmagic /data/local
  2. from terminal (TABLET):
    1. su
    2. chmod 755 /data/local/itsmagic
    3. mount -o rw,remount /system
    4. rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
    5. mount -o ro,remount /system
    6. dd if=/sdcard/recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
    7. ./data/local/itsmagic

"recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.rar" - is for flashing normally with the normal method...
"update-recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.zip" - flashed from recovery and press reboot/power off(v1.1 don't use "Advanced" -> "Reboot Recovery" only buttons in the main menu) after its flashed(don't try to flash from any other recovery other than mine, will not work)

Acer Recovery Installer APP thanks to Euclid's Brother http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14818316&postcount=109

Video installation guide by cfcoleman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuf74JP5Jgw

Changelog:
1.1:
  • skips /data/media in backup/restore/format of /data
  • integrated "itsmagic"
  • additional option in advanced to run itsmagic manually
  • itsmagic is run on every restart/poweroff or recovery as a precautionary measure
  • ability to use usb storage in recovery for backups and restores...(has a priority system in place if usb stick is present on mount its used as a "sdcard", if not it falls back to microsd card), unmount and mount will also trigger this.
1.2:
  • flexrom backup & restore
  • bct + ebt + pt + gp1 backup(basically the first sectors of the flash that sc2k told you to backup when itsmagic got released...)
  • retrieve uid
  • itsmagic run at startup
  • usb keyboard fix
1.3.2:
  • fixed background disappearing
  • removed itsmagic from reboot/poweroff, not needed itsmagic is run at startup...
  • fixed flexrom not being present in advanced restore menu
1.3.3:
  • fixed back disappearing in Mounts and Storage menu
1.3.4(still in testing...):
  • added sync before md5 generation
  • sync and unmount of /sdcard after succesful backup
  • sync and unmount of /sdcard at reboot/poweroff

Thanks to sc2k for testing this.

Even though this recovery has been tested, I am not liable for any loss of data or any damages done by this recovery.

Attachments

• recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.3.3.rar
    4.7 MB · Views: 7,933
  • update-recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.3.3.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 5,423
  • recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.3.4.rar
    4.7 MB · Views: 10,881
  • update-recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.3.4.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 12,318
Last edited:

kimycai

Mar 9, 2011

Includes:
  • skips /data/media in recovery/restore/format of /data
  • integrated "itsmagic"
  • itsmagic is run on every restart/poweroff or recovery as a precautionary measure
  • ability to use usb storage in recovery for backups and restores...(has a priority system in place if usb stick is present on mount its used as a "sdcard") if not it falls back to microsd card), unmount and mount will also trigger this.

NOTE:
If you encounter a problem with the filesystem on /data like it has become corrupt, place a blank file called "eraseData" (without the quotes) in the clockworkmod folder on your external sdcard or usb storage. This will revert back to actually formatting /data.

Installation:
  • remove /system/etc/install-recovery.sh if present
  • dd the image to mmcblk0p1
  • run itsmagic

TO DO:
  • bl + bct backup
  • retrieve uid

Even though this recovery has been tested, I am not liable for any loss of data or any damages done by this recovery.

1.before we dd the image to mmcblk0p1 ,do we have to install itsmagic first
u said u had integrated itsmagic in that recovery,but how do we run that itsmagic,from where?

2. what is the “bl” and “bct” stand for?

3. is “to do……” what we can do or something else ?i cant understand it sorry。

Last edited:

Crsdr37

Aug 3, 2010
Concord
Yea tend to agree sounds awesome. But if we could have a more clear set of instructions. So people don't brick their tablet. :)

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

ibila

Apr 5, 2009
to do means things he wants to add to or fix in this release.

What does dd stand for?

kimycai

Mar 9, 2011
to do means things he wants to add to or fix in this release.

What does dd stand for?

o ,I see
"dd" is a command in linux, it can write a img to a partition or block
in this case, we can use that command like this:
dd if=/sdcard/recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.1.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1

Last edited:

ibila

Apr 5, 2009
Well thanks for explaining what to do means...:p

dd is the termed used to dump this image to a particular block in this case block 0p1

Hmmm there is maybe a tiny one in a million chance that your not the only participator in this thread so who knows...maybe this explanation was not for you but for kimcai.
Sorry if i just burst your bubble :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NOTE:

Installation:
    1. use adb (PC):
      1. adb push recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.img /sdcard
      2. adb push itsmagic /data/local
    2. from terminal (TABLET):
      1. su
      2. chmod 755 /data/local/itsmagic
      3. mount -o rw,remount /system
      4. rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
      5. mount -o ro,remount /system
      6. dd if=/sdcard/recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
      7. ./data/local/itsmagic

"recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.rar" - is for flashing normally with the normal method...
    "update-recovery-thor2002ro-rev1.*.zip" - flashed from recovery and press reboot/power off(v1.1 don't use "Advanced" -> "Reboot Recovery" only buttons in the main menu) after its flashed(don't try to flash from any other recovery other than mine, will not work)

Acer Recovery Installer APP thanks to Euclid's Brother http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14818316&postcount=109

Video installation guide by cfcoleman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuf74JP5Jgw

Changelog:
    1.1:
    • skips /data/media in backup/restore/format of /data
    • integrated "itsmagic"
    • ability to use usb storage in recovery for backups and restores...(has a priority system in place if usb stick is present on mount its used as a "sdcard", if not it falls back to microsd card), unmount and mount will also trigger this.
    1.2:
    • bct + ebt + pt + gp1 backup(basically the first sectors of the flash that sc2k told you to backup when itsmagic got released...)
    • retrieve uid
    • itsmagic run at startup
    • usb keyboard fix
    1.3.2:
    • fixed background disappearing
    • removed itsmagic from reboot/poweroff, not needed itsmagic is run at startup...
    • fixed flexrom not being present in advanced restore menu
    1.3.3:
    • fixed back disappearing in Mounts and Storage menu
    1.3.4(still in testing...):
    • added sync before md5 generation
    • sync and unmount of /sdcard after succesful backup
    • sync and unmount of /sdcard at reboot/poweroff

With the blessings of thor2002ro, I bring you an easy to use app for installing his (or any other) recovery image.

It has his rev1.2 built-in, along with a Stock USA 1.141.07_COM_GEN1 recovery image. It can also install a recovery.img from the external sdcard.

It gives an option to backup your current image (for later rollback) and runs itsmagic (built-in) when it's finished installing a recovery image.

Let me know if anyone finds any problems with it. I have not tried it under PRIMEE 1.4. But I have flashed between thors recovery and stock recovery several times using stock HC 3.0.1.

DOWNLOAD FROM ANDROID MARKET

Cheers
    you can update via old CWM 1.3+... just flash the zip

and since it has my kernel you cant add it to market or xda...
    thanks for this program.
    Where i can find backed up old recovery file?

it's at /data/data/com.interphaze.AcerRecoveryInstaller/files/recovery.old.img

yeah.. it's a good idea to make a copy of this in case you install a custom ROM
    IF this is an idiotic question, I apologize one hundred times:

How is this different from downloading Rom Manager from the Market and having that install ClockworkMod Recovery?

that doesn't support a500... a500 need a custom build of cwm(made by me ;) ) the emmc is partitioned differently than the rest of the tablets... among other things...