OTA Update available now with Android 4.0.4 & Sense 4.1, next Jelly Bean & Sense 4+ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Northantrim

Oct 17, 2010
I'm no expert when it comes to rooting and installing ROMs, but I'm running the CoreDroid ROM. If I want the OTA update, do I have to flash an RUU ROM from here, download and install the update, then flash the latest version of CoreDroid?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

anoniemouse

Jul 2, 2010
This is the update i have been waiting for & hearing rumors of, looks like some review sites are going to have to re evaluate their findings too.

DJPraeses

Feb 20, 2011
Running the arhd 7.0.0 Rom and loving it! Good to see that they included the menu button tweak.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

godutch

Jun 29, 2009
www.burgerforumeu.nl
what a joy running maximus v2, now with Franco kernel but stock might even be smoother. scrolling, opening the tray and switching homescreens seems much much improved and smoother.

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
Also running ARHD its good, the new base overall works well and things seems to be faster and smoother overall. Phone wakes up quickly, the new radio works well and the battery drain is slower than previous stock kernels but this is totally user dependant. At least they seem to be heading in the right direction, the menu button needs a bit of tweaking but it works well. And good to see them included it in a stock rom. Now we need further sense optimisation and a 3.X kernel and some improvement in the video recording and it'll be perfect. The screen also seems brighter than before.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

theROMinator

Nov 23, 2010
I'm still awaiting for my One X to arrive and I have seen that odd menu button drawn on screen, what have they done with it in the newest update? Can someone please UL a pic or describe it, please.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

theROMinator

Nov 23, 2010
you can now map menu to recent apps.

Huh, that sucks... you think they would do what they did on the Nexus, make it virtual. That way you can keep your buttons the way they're meant to be lol.

Top right.
uploadfromtaptalk1340042495792.jpg

Reactions: chrisully

adamski123

Jun 15, 2011
London.
Huh, that sucks... you think they would do what they did on the Nexus, make it virtual. That way you can keep your buttons the way they're meant to be lol.

Top right.
View attachment 1138639

That's got nothing to do with the nexus but mainly about the app. If it has a supported 3 dot menu then it goes in the corner. If not then it appears on the navbar for the nexus or the black bar for the one x. It's about app developers and adding the feature in.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

KLUVJ

Sep 15, 2011
Richmond Hill

Top right.
View attachment 1138639

They have nothing to do with that. That is the app developers problem. HTC doing this is a really good way to solve it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
You map the long press, from what I understand.

It gets rid of the large three dot virtual button at the bottom of the screen in non-ICS supporting software:uploadfromtaptalk1340043287161.jpg
Damnit, can't modify the image, wanted it to go all recursive...

Last edited:

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
http://www.gsmarena.com/pureview_blind_test-review-773p3.php

They need to improve the camera!! badly! shocking results with the competition.

Higher FPS while video recording would be wise too!

would be interesting to see how the photos actually turned out and the video when that Nick guy sky dived from a plane on the HTC ONE advert! ;)

Gsmarena are sooo full of ****,

It doesn't take a genius to see both picture threads from SGS3 and HOX - and the HOX pictures are much much better.

Also people who have owned both phones clearly state the photos are better on the HOX.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: AndroidInsanity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How the Sausage is Made

Let me share with you guys what goes in to developing and testing commercial s/w. I don’t know exactly how HTC approaches it but it’s a pretty standard process.

I’d guess there are different teams that work on different components of a ROM.

Plumbing– These are the nuts and bolts that support the OS calls and include things like drivers, low-level code, and the kernel. This team also liaises with third-parties like Nvidia.

Wireless - This include the radios; cellular, BT, GPS, and Wi-Fi.

Application Layer – This includes the OS, Sense 4.0, any HTC proprietary apps, bundled third-party apps (EG: Polaris) and the integration of things like the accessories (desk dock, car dock, Media Link HD).

So to release an update, multiple teams are working on various aspects of it at the same time. Each team tests their work but can only do so much with their individual pieces. As work is completed it’s glommed together in the form of a single ROM for the first time. That’s when internal testing begins in earnest. At the same time, the now complete ROM is placed in a version control system so all the teams are working on it together rather than focusing on their individual components.

Typically there’s a team of testers pulled from various departments in the company because you can’t have 10-30 people standing by to test full time because the work ebbs and flows. The test scripts that are followed are probably the size of a phone book. As issues are identified during internal testing the person overseeing testing tries to isolate it, logs it, and reports it to the team most likely responsible for resolving it. Each time a team or member of a team identifies and resolves an issue, depending on how core the issue is to the entire ROM, testing may have to start again from the very beginning of the script. This repeats dozens of times until the ROM passes internal testing cleanly.

Once internal testing’s complete testing is opened up to a broader user audience. Most likely having HTC employees and/or Elevate members starting to use the ROM on their personal devices. They provide feedback via a problem tracking system and the developers look for commonality in the problems reported and make changes to the code accordingly. If major issues are uncovered it’s back to square one which includes another full round of internal scripted testing followed by pushing the revised ROM out to the larger user group. This repeats until the ROM is deemed “acceptable.” Since no s/w is ever perfect, “acceptable” usually means shippable.

So the six-week old 2.05 test ROM passed internal testing and was distributed to a larger user group. Something must have been discovered that caused the developers to make some major changes. So it’s somewhere in the (re)testing process right now.

Like I said, this is the way s/w development is done. HTC may have their own unique spin but it’s not going to be much different than I described. So, while we want it now, we don’t always get what we want. And I’d personally rather wait until it’s done than have to suffer through some of the issues we all faced with the original shipped ROM. I'm guessing but the actual coding of an update could take anywhere from four to twelve weeks with testing always being as long (or longer) than coding. And based on the way this process works you can pretty much take as a given that JB isn’t “right around the corner.”

And that's how the sausage is made. ;)
    For those who want to download the RUU from filefactory here you go...

Filefactory Premium Account:
    User: liveacteam09@gmail.com
    Pass: www.liveac.blogspot.com
    :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X
    S3 trolls . Do not feed
    Saying goodbye to my One X on Monday next week, looks like I won't be able to try out this update afterall

Same here. The policarbonate back which was suppose to be un.scratchable or something like this..... Lost color in a spot plus the cc am lens get scratched easy plus its to hot... Plus a little of ripple effect ob the eges .... I might say that I gave it a shot but this hox is being sold asap and I'm gonna give s3 a go.

Got to say, I'm about to jump ship, gonna get the s3 had compare the two together but judging by the s3 forum on xda the vibe is very positive, the vibe here for the hox is more negative. I love my hox but I feel I just have to experience the s3, maybe Samsung just have better marketing but I am being lured in by the s3.

The title of this thread is "Massive HOX OTA Update coming soon with Android 4.0.4!" It’s been up until now a positive thread. I find it fascinating that, somehow, you managed to work yet another discussion of the same known One X issues and the SGS3 in to it. There are plenty of issues threads already open that welcome comments from disgruntled owners. This isn’t one of them.

Since we're OT any way, here's a link to why I canceled my SGS3 order and decided to keep the One X.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27663514&postcount=1525

A little advice too. If some of you pull the crap you've pulled here when you're on the SGS3 forum and start polls, petitions, and whine about petty issues they'll eat you alive.
    "Samsung has a Mobile Communications Lab in San Jose, with 90 engineers who work with Google to optimize the Android OS for Samsung phones".

90 engineers to build ugly touchwizz??:D

from the ARC