[Q] Wifi problems and general questions

Search This thread

m.zambonelli

Dec 28, 2010
Hi,
I do have few perplessity about rom and android phone in general.

I have to say that I mainly had only HTC android phone (I tried the S3 but I sold it after 3 weeks, couldn't stand many things of it) and I'm somewhat quite disappointed about the wifi (of android in general and of non sense rom in particular).

Right now I'm working on a cruise ship and the wifi connection here is REALLY bad BUT I noticed few things:

1) from the same place people with iphone are using skype with video call (not the best ever but still working), with my HTC ONE I've problems loading facebook and checking email because the connectin seems SO slow (but than why ipohne user can do skype?!?!?!)

2) With any sense rom all works more or less fine BUT with 3 different non sense roms I tried I have the following "connection problems":

2a) this wifi is like an internet cafe so i need to login...surfing the net sometimes (often actually) the internet connection stops, I've to disable the wifi of my phone and turn it on again to make the internet connection works again (I don't have to login again to the internet cafe login page, just need to turn off and on the wifi module) -- with the sense rom I tried I didn't have this problem or it didn't happen so often like with the non sense rom I tried

2b) it seems that the non sense rom catch less signal, maybe it's just a feeling but from my cabin I had with a sense rom 3/4 line of signal with a non sense rom 1/2 line

So mainly what I would like to ask is:

1) Is it possible that iphone has better wifi and in a way or another is able to drain more band than an android phone? And if so, is there something to install/do to make the android phone works like the iphone?
2) Is it possible that non sense rom use different module for the wifi that in some way decrease the efficency of it? If so is there a way to install the sense wifi apk on a non sense one or is there any way to optimizing the wifi?
3) How is it possible that I loose the internet connection of the wifi in here (things that doesn't happen with my laptop and that happen not so often with a sense rom) and is there a way to fix it/boost the wifi ??

Thanks for your advice,
Massimiliano

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Hi,
I do have few perplessity about rom and android phone in general.

I have to say that I mainly had only HTC android phone (I tried the S3 but I sold it after 3 weeks, couldn't stand many things of it) and I'm somewhat quite disappointed about the wifi (of android in general and of non sense rom in particular).

Right now I'm working on a cruise ship and the wifi connection here is REALLY bad BUT I noticed few things:

1) from the same place people with iphone are using skype with video call (not the best ever but still working), with my HTC ONE I've problems loading facebook and checking email because the connectin seems SO slow (but than why ipohne user can do skype?!?!?!)

2) With any sense rom all works more or less fine BUT with 3 different non sense roms I tried I have the following "connection problems":

2a) this wifi is like an internet cafe so i need to login...surfing the net sometimes (often actually) the internet connection stops, I've to disable the wifi of my phone and turn it on again to make the internet connection works again (I don't have to login again to the internet cafe login page, just need to turn off and on the wifi module) -- with the sense rom I tried I didn't have this problem or it didn't happen so often like with the non sense rom I tried

2b) it seems that the non sense rom catch less signal, maybe it's just a feeling but from my cabin I had with a sense rom 3/4 line of signal with a non sense rom 1/2 line

So mainly what I would like to ask is:

1) Is it possible that iphone has better wifi and in a way or another is able to drain more band than an android phone? And if so, is there something to install/do to make the android phone works like the iphone?
2) Is it possible that non sense rom use different module for the wifi that in some way decrease the efficency of it? If so is there a way to install the sense wifi apk on a non sense one or is there any way to optimizing the wifi?
3) How is it possible that I loose the internet connection of the wifi in here (things that doesn't happen with my laptop and that happen not so often with a sense rom) and is there a way to fix it/boost the wifi ??

Thanks for your advice,
Massimiliano

Most here will not admit it but the iPhone is a very refined device with very good service both wifi and network. I had the iPhone 3gs and 4s for nearly 5 years and changing to the HTC One took some getting use too. I'm not sure if it's the quality of the components used or just a better antenna system, but yes the iPhone is very good at both. I'm by no means unhappy with the One but it was a noticeable change when it come to signals. That said I'll still never own another iPhone ..lol