[APP] Multi Window Manager 1.3.1

Search This thread

Darkman

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2012
Germany
WOW

It works great on my ROM :good:

I have now linked your Thread in my ROM Thread!!

Good Work!!

One Question .. why it works only on Android 4.1.2?? Where is the different?

Last edited:
Reactions: bjbinc

hoss_n2

WOW

It works great on my ROM :good:

I have now linked your Thread in my ROM Thread!!

Good Work!!

One Question .. why it works only on Android 4.1.2?? Where is the different?
on android 4.1.2 the multiwindow code is changed and it is now easier with simple code to add apps to multiwondow , it seems that samsung wants to help developers so it made it easy like it always was on note 2

Reactions: Darkman

arthur93

Jan 4, 2012
Niteroi
Not working here, whenever I mark an app I want to get multiwindowed the Manager crashes "/ I'm on stock deodexed 4.1.2 and was using the zip for multiwindow but I've just restored to "stock" multiwindow.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk HD

thegios

Mar 16, 2006
Latina
Not working here, whenever I mark an app I want to get multiwindowed the Manager crashes "/ I'm on stock deodexed 4.1.2 and was using the zip for multiwindow but I've just restored to "stock" multiwindow.

I believe first thing first is you have to remove the dashes manually... that's something I forgot to ask the developer

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

View attachment 1613010
Download

This app will allow you to easily manage what apps can be run in multi-window mode.

Big thanks to xperiacle for figuring this out and to thegios for the idea.

Any donations are greatly appreciated :)
Donate

Sent from my GT-N8013 (4.1.2)

question: are you giving for granted that all apps listed in the feature.xml have no dash in front?
one thing you may want to add, on startup, is if there's any dash in the list and ask the user if he wants to remove them

bjbinc

Mar 29, 2012
Glennville, Ga
play.google.com
I believe first thing first is you have to remove the dashes manually... that's something I forgot to ask the developer

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

question: are you giving for granted that all apps listed in the feature.xml have no dash in front?
one thing you may want to add, on startup, is if there's any dash in the list and ask the user if he wants to remove them

Yea on first fun it removes the default entries with dashes...I never considered anyone would leave them.

bjbinc

Mar 29, 2012
Glennville, Ga
play.google.com

Go to /system/csc and make sure you have a feature.xml file. Also, check the permissions on the file are 777 (R/W for everyone)

morkli

Aug 20, 2011
Sydney
Yea on first fun it removes the default entries with dashes...I never considered anyone would leave them.

Hi bjbinc,

Are you going to release an update that adds all unticked apps with a dash in the xml and all ticked apps without a dash in the xml? I think that would be the most flexible implementation.

Perhaps on first read of xml, the ones with dashes should show up as unticked in your app.

Cheers.

bjbinc

Mar 29, 2012
Glennville, Ga
play.google.com
Hi bjbinc,

Are you going to release an update that adds all unticked apps with a dash in the xml and all ticked apps without a dash in the xml? I think that would be the most flexible implementation.

Perhaps on first read of xml, the ones with dashes should show up as unticked in your app.

Cheers.

So your saying every installed app should be included in the XML file? Unchecked ones having the dash in front? That would be an easy implementation as long as no one can think of any down side.

morkli

Aug 20, 2011
Sydney
So your saying every installed app should be included in the XML file? Unchecked ones having the dash in front? That would be an easy implementation as long as no one can think of any down side.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. I don't think there is any down side to this and it would take care of "problem" apps like YouTube.

midas69

Oct 26, 2011
Probably a stupid question, but I have to ask. What about the original multi-view apps such as Contacts, Internet, S-Note etc. Should they be checked or unchecked using this app? I was afraid that since it now puts a - before anything that's not checked that I would have to check all those to not lose the capabilities.

Reactions: bjbinc

bjbinc

Mar 29, 2012
Glennville, Ga
play.google.com
Probably a stupid question, but I have to ask. What about the original multi-view apps such as Contacts, Internet, S-Note etc. Should they be checked or unchecked using this app? I was afraid that since it now puts a - before anything that's not checked that I would have to check all those to not lose the capabilities.

Thats actually a good question... I assume you will need to check those apps in order to maintain multi-window functionality... can you test this and report back?

midas69

Oct 26, 2011
Thats actually a good question... I assume you will need to check those apps in order to maintain multi-window functionality... can you test this and report back?

Well I just tried it with S-Note and it didn't seem to make a difference whether it was checked or not. Either way, multi-view worked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND WATCHING THE VIDEO TO SEE HOW TO USE THIS

THIS APP REQUIRES JB 4.1.2 & ROOT ACCESS

If you don't want to root, or don't have JB 4.1.2, check out Multi Window Shortcuts

Samsung has added a new multi window feature to a few of their Jelly Bean devices. However...there is only a limited set of apps compatible with this new feature.
    Using this Multi Window Manager, you can enable ANY app to take advantage of this awesome new feature.

Compatible with:
    Note
    Note 2
    Note 10.1
    GS3

Check out the Pro version for these additional features:
    - Create shortcuts on your homescreen to open apps or web bookmarks in windowed mode
    - Set custom window sizes for shortcuts
    - Open multiple instances of some apps from shortcuts created through the app (This is limited by whether or not a particular app permits multiple instances...I've yet to find an internet browser that allows this, however there are many other useful apps that do allow it)
    - Fast reboot...cuts reboot time to less than half that of a normal reboot. Phones (Note, Note 2, GS3) can apply changes with no reboot at all!
    - Detect new app installs and either prompt to enable multi window, or enable it automatically.
    - Backup and restore your enabled apps list

Big thanks to xperiacle for figuring this out and to thegios for the idea.

Donations
    morkli
    ddavtion

thegios
    nrfitchett4
    mattdb
    aartvv
    Darkman_RS
    Mirkokkk
    jedah
    Tabfreak
    bozoz
    fmf.post

Thanks so much guys!

Donate

Get it from the Play Store

Get Pro Key
    I just submitted version 1.2.9 to the Play Store.

- Customize the size of the windows opened from shortcuts (Pro)

Version 1.2.7 Submitted

I just submitted version 1.2.7 to the Play Store. It adds the ability to back up and restore your enabled apps list (Pro)

Updated again ;)

9i8Or.png

Update 1.1- Added icons to the list and streamlined the code under the hood a little bit.

LINK IN THE OP

Wow what a great app. Very handy and much easier than other methods. Would it be okay if I included this in my next release of redemption rom?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Are you kidding?! That would be awesome! :D
    Yes, multi-window manager app behaviour is a bit odd if you try to click on the actual tick selection box. Selecting the app line works fine.

Fixed...check OP for update.

Thanks for the great app! Now that i figured it out..

sent from my jelly bean infused note 10.1

Glad you got it working :). If you download the update...it will work as it should.