FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Android Revolution HD 7.3 & 9.2 | High Quality & Performance | O/C | Legendary

38,806 posts
Thanks Meter: 77,182

Post Reply Email Thread
19th November 2010, 10:28 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi
I just unzip flash_as_first_BOOT.zip with my windows machine to find out that inside is a directory called flash_as_first_BOOT and than the file boot.img and directory META-INF.

I'm not a coder, but is this correct packed with the directory flash_as_first_BOOT inside the zip ???

Is this the reason for some of our problems?
In case Im stupid - ignore me ;)

19th November 2010, 10:30 PM |#102  
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers

Donate to Me
More
I have a pleasure to write, that first ROM with Buzz OC/UV 1.22Ghz 0.0.9 kernel (with EXT4 and CIFS support - big thanks to Apache14) and some other changes (see first post) is going to the server right now Might take some time due to my slow connection right now
19th November 2010, 10:32 PM |#103  
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djelli

hi
I just unzip flash_as_first_BOOT.zip with my windows machine to find out that inside is a directory called flash_as_first_BOOT and than the file boot.img and directory META-INF.

I'm not a coder, but is this correct packed with the directory flash_as_first_BOOT inside the zip ???

Is this the reason for some of our problems?
In case Im stupid - ignore me ;)

You are not stupid, probably I am I think you are right, I haven't noticed that because I was always doing it via fastboot. Anyway new ROM is being uploaded right now and it's just one file so no need to flash separate two files.
19th November 2010, 10:40 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1986.

You are not stupid, probably I am I think you are right, I haven't noticed that because I was always doing it via fastboot. Anyway new ROM is being uploaded right now and it's just one file so no need to flash separate two files.

nice to be nice - we all working together - thanks for your nice (hard) work
19th November 2010, 10:44 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Hi
I appreciate your work
I tested some Roms but yours is wich I prefer

I juste have a question, Have you planned to add EXT4 support ?
I t
Thanx for your work =)
19th November 2010, 10:47 PM |#106  
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers

Donate to Me
More
Yes, Apache14 added EXT4 support in his new kernel which is in Android Revolution 1.1.
19th November 2010, 10:54 PM |#107  
Recognized Developer & Original Autobot
Thanks Meter: 562

More
And CIFS
19th November 2010, 10:59 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Whats the benifit of EXT4 and CIFS, total n00b here?
19th November 2010, 11:08 PM |#109  
Recognized Developer & Original Autobot
Thanks Meter: 562

More
EXT4 is used if u want to have app2sd.

CIFS is a network file system so u can mount an view stuff on a local server ect.
19th November 2010, 11:23 PM |#110  
Flag Nottingham, England
Thanks Meter: 213

More
must say I've tried a couple of roms now including Modaco's MCR and everytime I come back to this one, it simply flys!
Now I ask myself if I should stay awake and download this tonight or go to bed ....... I think I'll wait for the download link tonight lol
19th November 2010, 11:28 PM |#111  
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratcom

must say I've tried a couple of roms now including Modaco's MCR and everytime I come back to this one, it simply flys!
Now I ask myself if I should stay awake and download this tonight or go to bed ....... I think I'll wait for the download link tonight lol

Not worth waiting mate because my upload status shows 2-3h untill it's uploaded :/ So I will leave my notebook turned-on for the night and go sleep now. This is what I recommend to you as well
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, arhd, awesome, custom, desire hd best rom, dhd, gingerbread, htc, mike1986, revolution, rom, script, sense, teaser, thank you

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)