[APP] QuickPic v4.5.2 (Classic version)

Search This thread

iamelton

Feb 10, 2011
Hong Kong
OnePlus Nord
Long story short. We know the recent acquisition of the excellent QuickPic app by Cheetah Mobile. Being one of those who would like to avoid using any Cheetah app, and yet can't live without QuickPic, I have followed tips from others to resign the QuickPic v4.5.2 (last good version before Cheetah acquisition), so as to keep the app in my phone without the fear of auto-update or trouble of skipping update notification by Google Play Store.

Below are the original (1st attachment) and resigned (2nd attachment) versions. To use the resigned version, first uninstall the QuickPic app in your phone, and then install the resigned app and you will be fine.

(p.s. The resigned version is prepared by signing the original version with the test certificate provided in the Android SDK and then zip-aligning.)
(p.s.2 You can get the orginal v4.5.2 from the author's site here: http://alensw.com/assets/quickpic_4.5.2.apk )

==================================================
QuickPic 4.5.2 Revived (by @SammysHP): This version fixes some issues encountered on newer Android versions (v7.1.2+)
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73027737&postcount=352

Attachments

• QuickPic_4.5.2.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 226,193
  • QuickPic_4.5.2_SignAligned.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 385,090
Last edited:

neekos

Oct 5, 2006
Hi.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what does the re-signed version do? Will it (or either or the versions attached) stop the current Cheetah QuickPic from updating and/stop me getting update messages for it (as I don't have auto-update set)?

Thanks for your help.

Portgas D. Ace

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2014
Bergisches Land
Nexus 7
Google Pixel 6
Hi.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what does the re-signed version do? Will it (or either or the versions attached) stop the current Cheetah QuickPic from updating and/stop me getting update messages for it (as I don't have auto-update set)?

Thanks for your help.

You are right. The re-signed version is based on the last "true" version of QuickPic (v4.5.2) before it got bought by CheetahMobile. As it is re-signed, it will not auto-update itself through Play Store (and will never show up in the Update list). Result: QuickPic without CheetahMobile :good:

iamelton

Feb 10, 2011
Hong Kong
OnePlus Nord
Hi.

Thanks for your help.

You are right. The re-signed version is based on the last "true" version of QuickPic (v4.5.2) before it got bought by CheetahMobile. As it is re-signed, it will not auto-update itself through Play Store (and will never show up in the Update list). Result: QuickPic without CheetahMobile :good:

exactly.. :D

sindawe

Jan 27, 2008
Hollywood
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Hi all,
I love QuickPic, it's one of the first apps that i restore/install whenever I flash and I always keep it updated as much as possible. I was a little worried after I saw the posts about the acquisition and getting loaded up with bloat/spam, and please forgive me if I'm missing something, but I don't see any of that in their current releases. The last update I had was maybe a day or two ago and, while it does say "Cheetah.....blahblah" as the developer, the only thing that I see added was the introduction of a 1,000GB cloud storage and autobackup for your pix (and the ability to send your quickpic code to a friend for an additional 1,000GB of cloud storage). Also not noticing any form of lag using the app either. I checked the market this morning and QuickPic did not show an update; when I open the app, there's no ads, banners, etc.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw it out there that as far as the updates go, as of 9/21 AM, I'm not seeing anything that would make me walk away from the app. (US Market)

iamelton

Feb 10, 2011
Hong Kong
OnePlus Nord
Hi all,
I love QuickPic, it's one of the first apps that i restore/install whenever I flash and I always keep it updated as much as possible. I was a little worried after I saw the posts about the acquisition and getting loaded up with bloat/spam, and please forgive me if I'm missing something, but I don't see any of that in their current releases. The last update I had was maybe a day or two ago and, while it does say "Cheetah.....blahblah" as the developer, the only thing that I see added was the introduction of a 1,000GB cloud storage and autobackup for your pix (and the ability to send your quickpic code to a friend for an additional 1,000GB of cloud storage). Also not noticing any form of lag using the app either. I checked the market this morning and QuickPic did not show an update; when I open the app, there's no ads, banners, etc.

Anyway, I just wanted to throw it out there that as far as the updates go, as of 9/21 AM, I'm not seeing anything that would make me walk away from the app. (US Market)

there is a background process added to the Cheetah versions, which did not exist in pre-Cheetah versions..
and the apk size went from 1.1MB to the current 2.5MB.. what do you think was/were added to the app, since there is no major functionality added as you also noticed?

anyway, its still a matter of personal choice.. continue to enjoy what Cheetah offer you if you dont mind or care..

rodaven

Jan 17, 2013
Santiago
Is there any way to make cloud backup work on this re signed version of QuickPic?

Enviado desde mi Moto X mediante Tapatalk

freakingprime

Jul 2, 2012
there is a background process added to the Cheetah versions, which did not exist in pre-Cheetah versions..
and the apk size went from 1.1MB to the current 2.5MB.. what do you think was/were added to the app, since there is no major functionality added as you also noticed?

anyway, its still a matter of personal choice.. continue to enjoy what Cheetah offer you if you dont mind or care..

If you turn off all cloud related (dropbox, sync,...) there will be no background service. Yes, I checked.

sindawe

Jan 27, 2008
Hollywood
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Well, since they added in a cloud backup service, and an auto upload of pix service, I would expect the size in the apk to go up, would it not?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Long story short. We know the recent acquisition of the excellent QuickPic app by Cheetah Mobile. Being one of those who would like to avoid using any Cheetah app, and yet can't live without QuickPic, I have followed tips from others to resign the QuickPic v4.5.2 (last good version before Cheetah acquisition), so as to keep the app in my phone without the fear of auto-update or trouble of skipping update notification by Google Play Store.

Below are the original (1st attachment) and resigned (2nd attachment) versions. To use the resigned version, first uninstall the QuickPic app in your phone, and then install the resigned app and you will be fine.

(p.s. The resigned version is prepared by signing the original version with the test certificate provided in the Android SDK and then zip-aligning.)
    (p.s.2 You can get the orginal v4.5.2 from the author's site here: http://alensw.com/assets/quickpic_4.5.2.apk )

QuickPic 4.5.2 Revived (by @SammysHP): This version fixes some issues encountered on newer Android versions (v7.1.2+)
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73027737&postcount=352

QuickPic 4.5.2 Revived

This is the last version of QuickPic before it was acquired by Cheetah Mobile. Android has a bug starting with version 7.1.2 that causes the share menu to crash the app when you press "more". The same happens in other submenus (like aspect ratio selection in the editor).
    This APK bypasses the broken code and thus can be described as "fixed". I'm not the owner or copyright holder of this app and only do this to provide an APK that is working with recent versions of Android.

Please note that this APK is signed with a different key, so you have to uninstall the previous version before you install this one.

There is another bug that crashes the app if you return to the directory browser after the app was resumed. The related code is rather ugly to work with in smali and it's not critical (because you can restart the app easily).

Changelog

4.5.2.2:
    - Redirect automatic network requests to localhost

4.5.2.1:
    - Fix crashes in submenus
    Hello, sorry for quoting you, could you please re-sign when you have a bit of time this version of ES File Explorer before the annoying update (it's 4.0.2.3)? thank you very much.

bro if possible kindly pm me also

just realised that pms could not have attachments, so here are the original (1st attachment) & signed aligned (2nd attachment) versions..

remember to uninstall the original from your device before installing the re-signed version..
    Hi.

Thanks for your help.

i think in this google group they have a newer mod of quickpic

https://plus.google.com/communities/109407983452375353340