FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOLKIT] GALAXY NOTE 8.0, Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery, Flash + MORE

12,328 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,151
 
By mskip, Retired Senior Moderator on 26th April 2013, 01:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th January 2014, 07:13 PM |#161  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinelover

WTH, Skip? I donated to the project downloaded the package only to find out you're STILL NOT SUPPORTING 4.2.2??? THe update came out MONTHS ago... why have you taken the money from all of us only to NOT support the latest OS? I am BEYOND mad!

skip, give this guy his dollar back lol
The Following User Says Thank You to IRIE4IPIER For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IRIE4IPIER Ad-Free
 
 
1st March 2014, 02:57 PM |#162  
yeeahnick's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 262
 
More
Hello dear xda users,

I have the Canadian version of the GT-N5110 running unrooted JZO54K.N5110XXBMC9 (4.1.2, dont know why canada did not get 4.2.2). Here is my question:

I would like to backup my stock canadian rom the way samfirmware do it. The reason is because i cannot find the stock candian rom anywhere not even on samfirmware and i know ALOT of people are asking for it. I know i can back it up by rooting, installing CWM and then do a backup but then it wouldn't be considered stock rom since it would be rooted. After alot of digging in the forums and all that i found this thread. Now, i wanna know if this toolkit is what i need to do what i wanna do.

Thanks alot to anyone who helps =)
31st March 2014, 11:13 PM |#163  
cbx6's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Great tools
Thank you MSkip,

Works like a charm!

A dumb newbie like me has successfully root my Note8 with this tool!

Because of one major app I wish to run on this device, I have to unroot it,

I followed the very clear instructions, one small moment of panic when recommended TWRP restore files not found, I rebooted and chooses CWM (I don't know if selecting a CWM backup after choosing TWRP make any difference, I think it does that's why I rebooted first... ignoring if it could get bricked...)

But everything went well, but... it still tells me the device is modified or rooted...

I tried the option for stock recovery but no difference
Sideload not successfull (cannot find sideload)
Device has been reset, but still rooted...

I'll try to find out how it works

Anyway, donation done because it's nice to have such tools for newbies

Thanks a lot

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeeahnick

Hello dear xda users,

I have the Canadian version of the GT-N5110 running unrooted JZO54K.N5110XXBMC9 (4.1.2, dont know why canada did not get 4.2.2). Here is my question:

I would like to backup my stock canadian rom the way samfirmware do it. The reason is because i cannot find the stock candian rom anywhere not even on samfirmware and i know ALOT of people are asking for it. I know i can back it up by rooting, installing CWM and then do a backup but then it wouldn't be considered stock rom since it would be rooted. After alot of digging in the forums and all that i found this thread. Now, i wanna know if this toolkit is what i need to do what i wanna do.

Thanks alot to anyone who helps =)


very interesting question
If yes, would this tool usable on other Samsung Android device like the Note3?
Found answer after registering on the download page: new version support other devices like the Note3

Merci
1st April 2014, 12:26 AM |#164  
thewinelover's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stone Mountain
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRIE4IPIER

skip, give this guy his dollar back lol

It's simply not necessary to be a jacka$$. First of all, don't assume.... I'm not a dude; I'm a girl. Second of all, I was promised BY Skip, personally, that it would be released first part of 2014... it is now second quarter of the year and still no 4.2.2 support... so, it's not about the donation, it's about delivering what was promised.
1st April 2014, 02:30 AM |#165  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinelover

It's simply not necessary to be a jacka$$. First of all, don't assume.... I'm not a dude; I'm a girl. Second of all, I was promised BY Skip, personally, that it would be released first part of 2014... it is now second quarter of the year and still no 4.2.2 support... so, it's not about the donation, it's about delivering what was promised.

Then why bring up your $1 donation?
13th April 2014, 12:10 AM |#166  
mskip's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,151
 
Donate to Me
More
Support for the Galaxy Note 8.0 will be in the new version of the Unified Android Toolkit which is being released on Monday and will include support up to the latest public build (4.2.2).

Sorry for the delay in adding this I have had a lot of work on with the new Android Toolkit and have had to iron out a few bugs to integrate all the supported devices in the same program.

Mark.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free
16th April 2014, 02:00 PM |#167  
mskip's Avatar
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,151
 
Donate to Me
More
Support for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 [2012 model] has now been added to the SkipSoft Unified Android Toolkit, supporting the latest builds available. Support for the GT-N5120 LTE version has also been added to the Toolkit module.

Information and download link can be found in the First Post.

Mark.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mskip Ad-Free
27th April 2014, 04:18 PM |#168  
Member
Flag Villahermosa
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

Support for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 [2012 model] has now been added to the SkipSoft Unified Android Toolkit, supporting the latest builds available. Support for the GT-N5120 LTE version has also been added to the Toolkit module.

Information and download link can be found in the First Post.

Mark.

Question, Im looking for the GARBAGE file, the one that is supposed to be in the AP in odin, where is it? it is not where the guide claims
27th May 2014, 06:11 AM |#169  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
nevermind!
1st August 2014, 10:55 AM |#170  
Xnitro67's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
having a problem even though im in adb mode the tool kit doesnt detect the note8.0 just sits there and device manager shows the samsung adb module.( it needs to redo the stock recovery before i can do anything)
25th September 2014, 02:58 PM |#171  
oZo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Mark, are you going to update the Note 8.0 module? It's still on 4.2.2.
Please let us know.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes