[UPG][V.03.39.90]New Elfin Radio

Search This thread

aharjono

Feb 27, 2008
I have with my custom ROM, Radio 03.07.90. Should I make the upgrade? Pros/Cons?

Thanks gang

usually newer version will give us better reception and better battery life

03.12.90 surely has bad reception, it is fixed in 03.18.90, I wonder what will this version fix in the 03.18.90, maybe longer battery life, because I believe after flashing mine to 03.18.90, my battery life is much shorter.

@rj*n

Mar 1, 2008
Taplejung
thinking

would doing the uspl update by placing th radio's nbh file in th romupdate utility do anything to my already installed rom??:confused: n does installing/upgrading any new ROM affect the radio ver????
m currently using Merliot's Diamond (WWE) ROM.. radio ver# 02.93.90!!

Last edited:

ayyu3m

Oct 19, 2007
System Error
would doing the uspl update by placing th radio's nbh file in th romupdate utility do anything to my already installed rom??:confused: n does installing/upgrading any new ROM affect the radio ver????
m currently using Merliot's Diamond (WWE) ROM.. radio ver# 02.93.90!!
nope. only the radio will be updated. ur OS (Merliot's Diamond ROM) will remain untouched.

and it depends on the ROM ur installing. if the ROM has radio included in it, then it will overwrite the previous radio version.

custom ROMs are made in such a way that only OS part is updated and the other parts are given for the user to choose and install. like radio

@rj*n

Mar 1, 2008
Taplejung
hey thanxnope. only the radio will be updated. ur OS (Merliot's Diamond ROM) will remain untouched.

and it depends on the ROM ur installing. if the ROM has radio included in it, then it will overwrite the previous radio version.

custom ROMs are made in such a way that only OS part is updated and the other parts are given for the user to choose and install. like radio

hey thanx so muchn for th answer pal..... it's gr8 to b here and know things more n more with guys like u... thanx again:D

Fego

Dec 20, 2007
Barcelona
Flashing Radio only

Hi,

I'm a newbie in this forum, but have experience on flashing phones, so I'll try to expose my question as clearly as I can:
I have an ELF0100
ROM version: 1.11.707.1B WWE
ROM date: 05/24/07
Radio version: 02.95.90
Protocol version 4.1.13.45

CE OS 5.2.1238 (Build 17745.0.2.3)

I noticed (and got complaints) that sometimes the signal is not very good, so I want to upgrade the radio version, I've read here that I need to flash USPL first and the the radio upgrade using HTC ROM tool.
My question is: If I do so, will I loose everything I installed so far? Do I need to reinstall everything again? If so, is there a way to make it less painful?:D

My next question is about OS version, I noticed this one has some strange behaviour sometimes, is there a newer version which is really stable? If so, what are the improvements?

SW I installed so far:
CE-star (chinese characters)
Dinarsoft Memmaid
SKtools
Total commander
Coreplayer
Macromedia flash player
spb mobile shell, phone suite, pocket plus, time, full screen keyb, backup
Quickmenu
taskmanager
mobipocket reader

Thank you very much in advance!
And great site! keep up the good work!
Ferran

!Aman!

Retired Moderator
Feb 18, 2008
Brampton
I noticed (and got complaints) that sometimes the signal is not very good, so I want to upgrade the radio version, I've read here that I need to flash USPL first and the the radio upgrade using HTC ROM tool.
My question is: If I do so, will I loose everything I installed so far? Do I need to reinstall everything again? If so, is there a way to make it less painful?:D

My next question is about OS version, I noticed this one has some strange behaviour sometimes, is there a newer version which is really stable? If so, what are the improvements?
Ferran
1.flashing a radio or a USPL (chose it according to ur phone) doesnt cost u any data/sw.
2.there are many cooked ROMs with new versions/builds already. u can use anyone.

Last edited:

kare2share

Dec 25, 2007
Mumbai
2.93.90 versus 3.21.90

3.21.90 is definately better (or should I say excellent)
lower battery drain
better reception ( gives me full signal at spots where the 2.93.90 used to flicker between no signal and 3 bars [75%])
switching of relay transceiver stable while travelling in and out of home network (roaming)

one strange thing I noticed is that recordings on PMRecorder is clear now after I loaded the 3.21.90 but I had not checked before I loaded a new ROM Elf(in) Shadow 2.1 TE which has the 3.21.90 as the radio. So i really don't know what has improved the recording ..the ROM or the RADIO.

erwinsie

May 29, 2005
SyDnEy
hi all, just want to let you know, i managed to flash this radio in my ELF (not elfin) and its alright sofar.. will this be ok or i should not use this for elf ??? thanks

captkkk

Jun 18, 2007
Hong Kong
3.21.90 is definately better (or should I say excellent)
lower battery drain
better reception ( gives me full signal at spots where the 2.93.90 used to flicker between no signal and 3 bars [75%])
switching of relay transceiver stable while travelling in and out of home network (roaming)

one strange thing I noticed is that recordings on PMRecorder is clear now after I loaded the 3.21.90 but I had not checked before I loaded a new ROM Elf(in) Shadow 2.1 TE which has the 3.21.90 as the radio. So i really don't know what has improved the recording ..the ROM or the RADIO.

Shadow 2.1TE is loaded with a 3.07.90, not 21

Fego

Dec 20, 2007
Barcelona
1.flashing a radio or a USPL (chose it according to ur phone) doesnt cost u any data/sw.
2.there are many cooked ROMs with new versions/builds already. u can use anyone.

Thank you man!!
I finally did it, everything went smoothly! Now I'm enjoying a much better radio behaviour (no complaints from the other side anymore), longer battery, etc, etc...

Now I'm wondering whether I should install Blue Elves 4 or 5 (I got an Elf 64MB), and reading the complete thread, but man! that is one long thread! I'll post in there though, this is not the place.

Anyway, thanks for your tip, it helped me put together the courage to say goodbye to the warranty and flash on my own ;)

BR
Ferran

ayyu3m

Oct 19, 2007
System Error
Thank you man!!
I finally did it, everything went smoothly! Now I'm enjoying a much better radio behaviour (no complaints from the other side anymore), longer battery, etc, etc...

Now I'm wondering whether I should install Blue Elves 4 or 5 (I got an Elf 64MB), and reading the complete thread, but man! that is one long thread! I'll post in there though, this is not the place.

Anyway, thanks for your tip, it helped me put together the courage to say goodbye to the warranty and flash on my own ;)

BR
Ferran
i suggest you try blue elves 5 for starters. i m sure u wil like it ;)

erwinsie

May 29, 2005
SyDnEy
dont worry about warranty, if u need to return your phone just flash back to the original shipped ROM they'll not know :)

Mauriffe

Jul 29, 2008
Hi folks,

I have just upgrade my Touch Elf with Bleu Elves Rom v5.0. It works great!
So now i want to update the radio to 03.21.90.
In your opinion, Is my Touch CID unlock after the Bleu Elves update? (for me no, I read that it bypass the CID).
Can I update the radio with this method :
- By following the steps of the installation of the rom Elves Blue v5.0 but instead of loading with RUU Blue_Elves_v5_0.nbh, I load RUU_Signed.nbh ?

I may have misunderstood something, can you light me up?

Thx

tribalhere

May 3, 2008
i have download the file and wanted to upgrade the radio but my always stop at the steps when my htc touch enchanced screen change to a screen with 3 colours and my laptop showing the installation but it suddenly prompt me file error.can anyone advise me what happened?i had try it alot of times and still facing the same problem.

ayyu3m

Oct 19, 2007
System Error
i have download the file and wanted to upgrade the radio but my always stop at the steps when my htc touch enchanced screen change to a screen with 3 colours and my laptop showing the installation but it suddenly prompt me file error.can anyone advise me what happened?i had try it alot of times and still facing the same problem.
u have to run pof's USPL before u flash anything like radio or rom. cos the phone needs to be unlocked before u can flash anything

tribalhere

May 3, 2008
i think i had installed the radio rom successfully but how come the device information still showing the old radio version.