FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

8/2/13~LiquidSmooth_2.4-Official (languages now included)[PORT]

1,463 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,006

By WeekendsR2Short, Senior Member on 5th July 2013, 06:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th July 2013, 04:00 AM |#11  
Decided to give this a shot... physical keyboard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzi0719

So far it looks really nice and smooth. I did have the typical keyboard issue when first installed. In Default Keyboard settings, must turn off the hardware keyboard before the onscreen keyboard will work. And it appears from my testing that on reboot you must do it again, the setting gets set back to default of ON upon reboot. But, I don't reboot very often so that's no biggy. Amazed how easy the setup was. I changed the governor to conservative (wish there was SmartAssV2), now will see how the battery does after a day or so.

Does this Typical Keyboards issue entail the screen not rotating to landscape when I open the physical keyboard? If so, how do I fix this? I tried all the settings within "Language & Input".

I must say, for the first 10 minutes of using this ROM, it is very snappy and fast

16th July 2013, 01:29 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, Tn

More
It's actually under "Display".
16th July 2013, 08:41 PM |#13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendsR2Short

It's actually under "Display".

It should rotate using the hardware keyboard without enabling "Rotation" under display... or else it would rotate without the keyboard (which is hella annoying).
Anyone have a fix (not a workaround)?
22nd July 2013, 09:27 PM |#14  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzi0719

So far it looks really nice and smooth. I did have the typical keyboard issue when first installed. In Default Keyboard settings, must turn off the hardware keyboard before the onscreen keyboard will work. And it appears from my testing that on reboot you must do it again, the setting gets set back to default of ON upon reboot. But, I don't reboot very often so that's no biggy. Amazed how easy the setup was. I changed the governor to conservative (wish there was SmartAssV2), now will see how the battery does after a day or so.

Does the hardware keyboard (when slid out) turn the screen to landscape mode automatically? (with display>rotation off)
The Following User Says Thank You to hapa8o8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hapa8o8 Ad-Free
2nd August 2013, 05:52 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, Tn

More
A Flashable Fix Has Been Added To The OP That will Repair The Screen Rotation As Well As Software KB Not Popping Up.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WeekendsR2Short For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WeekendsR2Short Ad-Free
11th August 2013, 07:32 AM |#16  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Anyone experiencing wifi tether not working? I tried market apps as well to no avail.
3rd September 2013, 10:09 PM |#17  
The flashable update was almost there, but why does the soft keyboard come up when the hard keyboard is out?
4th September 2013, 01:54 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, Tn

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapa8o8

The flashable update was almost there, but why does the soft keyboard come up when the hard keyboard is out?

I'm not sure. I'll take a look though & see if it looks like it's anything on my end. It may just be related to the original ROM.
9th October 2013, 03:22 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Ugh, actually I never tried this. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapa8o8

Tell me how it works~ I'm wondering if this ROM is more stable that the CM 10.1 ROMs. Battery life, too?

21st January 2015, 06:39 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, Tn

More
The links for this ROM have been updated.
The Following User Says Thank You to WeekendsR2Short For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WeekendsR2Short Ad-Free
6th February 2015, 02:41 AM |#21  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 12

More
thanks, I wanted to try it - Perfect timing!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)