Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] WinDroid Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | Install | myTouch 4G Slide

1,248 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,348

Post Reply Email Thread
14th September 2013, 08:07 PM |#11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzi0719

I have never done the "wire trick". When I originally got my phone, it had the HBOOT 1.45.0007, I did S-OFF with Revolutionary, rooted, unlocked, and all was well. When the newer radio (11.59.3505.20_2) came out that also updated the HBOOT to 1.45.0013, I was told it would revert my phone to S-ON, but I don't think it did. It did update the HBOOT to 1.45.0013. I then had to relock the phone, go to HTCDEV and use the HTC unlock tool, then I re-rooted the phone. So, I've been HBOOT 1.45.0013, with radio 11.59.3504.20_2, and I'm S-OFF, unlocked, rooted, without ever doing a "wire trick".

Wow, to the best of my knowledge this isn't possible as the s-off part part of the .07 would be due to a patched hboot, that just ignores the security flag checks. Flashing another bootloader would erase the old one which means erase the patch. Radio s-off is much lower level and flashing firmware would not return to s-on no matter the firmware flashed. So correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't the rev hboot just a patched bootloader? Just doesn't make sense how flashing a new bootloader and unlocking the phone would keep the radio secure flags turned off...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

15th September 2013, 02:08 PM |#12  
Flag Palm Springs, CA
Thanks Meter: 252

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor

Wow, to the best of my knowledge this isn't possible as the s-off part part of the .07 would be due to a patched hboot, that just ignores the security flag checks. Flashing another bootloader would erase the old one which means erase the patch. Radio s-off is much lower level and flashing firmware would not return to s-on no matter the firmware flashed. So correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't the rev hboot just a patched bootloader? Just doesn't make sense how flashing a new bootloader and unlocking the phone would keep the radio secure flags turned off...

I don't know the technical details. I just know that my phone originally had 1.45.0007, now has 1.45.0013, and it is S-OFF and unlocked. I never did any "wire trick". When the new radio came out, there was lots of discussion about what to do to maintain S-OFF. I followed those discussions intently. I'm sure if I went back through the archives here on XDA I'd see where it was done, but I don't have the patience for that right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzi0719 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fuzi0719 Ad-Free
15th September 2013, 06:03 PM |#13  
Some day I may dig through the old threads so I can wrap my head around this, seems strange to me but thanks for the reply. [/OT]
Is there anyone one out there that's unrooted or interested in bring their phone back to stock and test this all out?

16th September 2013, 08:50 PM |#14  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityRockr

This is a GUI program built using C# in Visual Studio 2013 that takes advantage of ADB and Fastboot commands and puts them into an easy-to-use toolkit. I will be continually developing it and trying out new features, so feel free to request any features you may want. Keep in mind that I am only 16 and have only been coding in C# since June, so I may not be able to implement every requested feature, and if it is possible, I may require assistance from our more skilled members. Any and all criticism is welcome, from the handling of a certain function to the misalignment of a button. I'm a neat freak myself, so no issue is too small! I hope you enjoy the toolkit!

This toolkit uses the WinDroid HTC One X+ Toolkit as a base, so most features are universal besides the recoveries and S-OFF functions. If there is a feature, function or command that is more specific to the myTouch 4G Slide that would improve the toolkit, please let me know!

FEATURES
  • Attain S-OFF
  • Drag and Drop Files
  • Full Bootloader Unlock
  • Flash Custom Recovery
  • Flash Custom Kernel
  • Flash System, Data and Radio Images
  • Gain Permanent Root
  • Install Busybox
  • Sideload ROM's
  • Push and Pull Files
  • Install and Uninstall APK's
  • Full Backup and Restore
  • Get Logcats
  • Relock Bootloader
  • Write SuperCID
  • Flash Stock RUU
  • Custom ADB and Fastboot Commands
  • and many more!

DOWNLOAD

Download: WinDroid HTC myTouch 4G Slide Toolkit.zip - 21.98 MB

CHANGELOG

v1.0
  • Initial Release!

FUTURE FEATURES
  • AndroidLib Support (Tried, but won't work. Help?)
  • Wireless ADB
  • More robust Fastboot options
  • Make a recommendation!

CREDITS

Any mirrors? DevHost is down right now...and I'm dying to see if this is the answer to finally get S-OFF for my Doubleshot
If not then I'll just wait. :/
16th September 2013, 10:11 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Gonz0

Has the S-Off function been confirmed? Is the wire trick still required? Either way looks like a nice tool!

I should have looked closer, I am seeing there's a button for each different method. Duuuhhhh :P Still a great looking tool!
5th October 2013, 11:33 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

Donate to Me
More
Major update to version 2.0! Check it out and let me know what you think!
6th October 2013, 12:38 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
So does it require a wire trick to achieve S-OFF with this tool or not? I'm already S-off, just wondering if that will be even more easy than the wire trick for those lazy ones who's still s-on?
6th October 2013, 01:33 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKAm69

So does it require a wire trick to achieve S-OFF with this tool or not? I'm already S-off, just wondering if that will be even more easy than the wire trick for those lazy ones who's still s-on?

Because the S-OFF methods here are based off of the current methods, most people will still need to do the wire trick.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th October 2013, 01:54 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityRockr

Because the S-OFF methods here are based off of the current methods, most people will still need to do the wire trick.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Well, anyways it's pretty easy to do.
6th October 2013, 05:21 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Thumbs up
This really is a great tools,

Thank you for your works man, really appreciate it...nice
12th November 2013, 12:20 PM |#21  
Flag West Palm Beach
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Would this work on the regular MyTouch 4G??

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)