[ROM] - 4.4.4 - ION - December 9, 2014 | KitKat DS v1.4 | Camera Fixed

1,784 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,608

By Emmanuel U, Inactive Recognized Developer on 2nd December 2013, 03:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th December 2013, 12:04 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 107

More
I've noticed that if google keyboard is disabled, the back and menu buttons bug is gone.

Sorry for some noob question but how to add a homescreen page on the stock launcher?

6th December 2013, 12:09 AM |#22  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-Town Suburbs

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKAm69

I've noticed that if google keyboard is disabled, the back and menu buttons bug is gone.

Sorry for some noob question but how to add a homescreen page on the stock launcher?

You have to add an app or widget to the screen, and when holding it to place it on your screen, pull it to the right and it will create a screen. Then from there you can press menu or long press on an empty spot to change the order of the screen
The Following User Says Thank You to Emmanuel U For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Emmanuel U Ad-Free
6th December 2013, 12:37 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Thumbs up
Been testing KitKatDS v1.1

I can say this ROM is pretty stable, smooth, didn't catch any major issue yet.

Most application running very well, Google apps (Maps, Gmail, etc.), i can use Titanium backup to restore app+data from Jelly bean backup as well.

Some issue i found:

- I can't use Gravity Box yet, it said incompatible with my device (anybody too ?)
- Cannot using ART runtime yet, it stuck at bootscreen (i've tried to wait it boot up to 15 minutes, still no luck)

However, this ROM is pretty great for daily drive.

Will report if i found any bugs, Thanks again Emmanuel.
6th December 2013, 12:38 AM |#24  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanuel U

You have to add an app or widget to the screen, and when holding it to place it on your screen, pull it to the right and it will create a screen. Then from there you can press menu or long press on an empty spot to change the order of the screen

Thanks.
I've tried this but when I deleted the widget the new screen dissappeared too so the widget needs to stay there. I usually have two screens: one is for quick access for some apps and the second one (main screen) is empty to watch the live wallpaper.

After a soft reboot (that happen sometimes) the wifi won't turn on, so you need to make a full reboot for wifi to function.
Btw this rom runs so much smoother than any of the JB ROMs. After wipe I felt like there's Snapdragon 800 inside my phone, very fast. And I haven't even tried ART VM yet. I want to thank Emmanuel U once again for his work, I'm so happy to have KitKat on my Doubleshot
The Following User Says Thank You to SKAm69 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SKAm69 Ad-Free
6th December 2013, 01:54 AM |#25  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 65

Donate to Me
More
Does anyone else experience constant freezing and rebooting? I can't seem to run this ROM for more than 15 seconds uninterrupted.
6th December 2013, 02:56 AM |#26  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-Town Suburbs

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbubs3

Does anyone else experience constant freezing and rebooting? I can't seem to run this ROM for more than 15 seconds uninterrupted.

Did you wipe or dirty flash from your last rom?
6th December 2013, 02:58 AM |#27  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 65

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanuel U

Did you wipe or dirty flash from your last rom?

Full wipe via TWRP.
6th December 2013, 03:14 AM |#28  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 86

Donate to Me
More
Definitely nice work. It is CRAZY smooth & fast! Since I reverted to Emmanuals JellyBean DS 1.7 due to the text message issue, I miss the quick speed! haha Emmanual, is that the next best (stable) ROM you have?

Regarding the text message issue: Its noticed via the stock SMS app, built in. No 3rd party. When I send the test email text to the phone I can see the toast message indicating it couldnt download it. Then it never shows up in the SMS app.

Regarding the black screen on email issue: I figure it's because the email was HTML formatted, and likely uses the same HTML APIs that the stock browser uses, and that gets the black screen too. Deal breaker as well, since I can't read 1/2 my emails

As far as I'm concerned though, despite these minor issues, it's a solid ROM!
The Following User Says Thank You to kevin71246 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kevin71246 Ad-Free
6th December 2013, 08:42 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Indeed, LCD density needs more tweaking. That's why I set it to 200. The characters become tiny, but, at least everything shows up as they should. :P

On a side note... battery life is awesome! No drainage or whatsoever. Hurray!
6th December 2013, 01:59 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Flashed this last night, full wipe coming from your 4.3 v1.7. Only thing so far that I haven't seen yet is that Bluetooth audio in my car is skipping pretty bad, like it did back on 4.2.2. Bluetooth audio works great on your 4.3 ROM, so I may have to revert back, but this ROM is great otherwise.
6th December 2013, 05:41 PM |#31  

More
I'd like to add to bug reports following: the device sometimes cannot wake up normally (it takes about a minute to wake the device up sometimes), I had incoming call and couldn't answer it. The in call sound sometimes gets too distorted, so you need to reboot the device to fix that. Occasionally wifi can't be switched on, need to reboot.
I hope that helps
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)