[Q] Samsung Ativ S getting crazy hot!

Search This thread
G

GuestK00336

Hello folks,

I find myself wondering if I've got something going on with my phone or if it is just me. I find that the device gets very hot with little usage. I find it hot by the camera/led, but it's definitely hot throughout. I know it's not easy to confirm if it is, as there are variables. But if anyone has noticed it, it would help me with my decision to return it for a new device.

Insight from other owners would be great! Thanks!

kelaydi

Jan 28, 2009
I've got the ATIV S too, mine doesn't get hot at all.

I used to have the Samsung Focus, and that one did get hot by the camera when playing games, and it would occasionally reboot if it got too hot.

I do the exact same things on my ATIV S now and it doesn't even get warm.

Reactions: jay-z-s

Kopacha

Oct 18, 2008
Hello folks,

I find myself wondering if I've got something going on with my phone or if it is just me. I find that the device gets very hot with little usage. I find it hot by the camera/led, but it's definitely hot throughout. I know it's not easy to confirm if it is, as there are variables. But if anyone has noticed it, it would help me with my decision to return it for a new device.

Insight from other owners would be great! Thanks!

I can confirm that - a friend of mine bought (i intend to buy one for me in the days to come) an ATIV S, and in certain cases it really gets hot in the zone just beneath the camera/LED. I don't think it's going to be a showstopper problem, but still we could say it's rather design flaw, then a real showstopper problem. but one thing is almost 100% certain - it's not a certain unit (yours in that case) problem. I suspect the plastics is not spreading the heat well enough as it was with the aluminum Omnia 7 for an example. Still - Quallcom's processors are known for years, that are always hotter than the equivalent ARM chip. I guess it's a matter of perspective - if it's a problem for you, and you can return/replace it - do it. If it's not such big of a deal - just enjoy your new phone :)

dodyhuang

Jan 27, 2009
jakarta
I can confirm that - a friend of mine bought (i intend to buy one for me in the days to come) an ATIV S, and in certain cases it really gets hot in the zone just beneath the camera/LED. I don't think it's going to be a showstopper problem, but still we could say it's rather design flaw, then a real showstopper problem. but one thing is almost 100% certain - it's not a certain unit (yours in that case) problem. I suspect the plastics is not spreading the heat well enough as it was with the aluminum Omnia 7 for an example. Still - Quallcom's processors are known for years, that are always hotter than the equivalent ARM chip. I guess it's a matter of perspective - if it's a problem for you, and you can return/replace it - do it. If it's not such big of a deal - just enjoy your new phone :)
same me too have this problem some time my ativ s is so hot on the camera and LED... why in this xda dev dont have spesial forum for samsung ativ s device?? like old time when windows mobile still hot in here and android still not exist

miguelvieira.com

Feb 7, 2014
Getting hot - software issue

Hey guys,

I discovered that in my ativ s, with gdr3 preview for developers that it gets crazy hot only when screen rotation is turned on.
So I turned it off and no problem now.

Please let me know if you have the same issue.

cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've got the ATIV S too, mine doesn't get hot at all.

I used to have the Samsung Focus, and that one did get hot by the camera when playing games, and it would occasionally reboot if it got too hot.

I do the exact same things on my ATIV S now and it doesn't even get warm.