FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Game streaming to other Android devices or PCs with Moonlight and GeForce Experience

478 posts
Thanks Meter: 420

By cgutman, Senior Member on 31st October 2013, 03:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th November 2013, 06:14 PM |#11  
Flag Portugal
Thanks Meter: 4

More
If you need me to test something just say!

The stream is a standard rtsp stream or has something special?
The sound doesn't work why? Can't find the proper decoder?

5th November 2013, 06:25 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielb7390

If you need me to test something just say!

The stream is a standard rtsp stream or has something special?
The sound doesn't work why? Can't find the proper decoder?

It's an RTP stream but it seems to have some proprietary 56-byte header between the RTP header and the media payload. It also sends both audio and video on the same RTP stream with the same packet type, so we need to find and remove the audio to parse it separately. I'm working on getting video decoding working 100% on all devices to see if I can root out the bad data causing the software decoder to fail (which might be the audio). I had originally assumed the audio was AAC since we were looking at an H264 stream and the two formats are commonly bundled together, but it appears the audio is something else. At this point, our best guess for the audio format is Opus.
The Following User Says Thank You to cgutman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cgutman Ad-Free
5th November 2013, 06:31 PM |#13  
Flag Portugal

More
I guess you already tried to open the stream with some player? Or capture the data and try to play it with vlc for example?
Probably saying garbage but whatever!
8th November 2013, 06:19 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I just bought an xperia z ultra, I would like to try this out how do I go about it.
8th November 2013, 12:49 PM |#15  
Flag Portugal

More
You need a pc that meets the requirements for shield streaming
and compile the source code using android SDK.

I don't know if i cant provide a apk.
9th November 2013, 04:38 AM |#16  

More
Can this thread be moved? It's not relevant to the Shield.
10th November 2013, 05:06 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member

More
Audio is here with the latest code! Turns out that audio was coming in over UDP port 48000. I wrote a JNI binding for the Opus reference decoder and fed the data to the AudioTrack class.

Quote:

You need a pc that meets the requirements for shield streaming
and compile the source code using android SDK.

I don't know if i cant provide a apk.

I've attached an APK that you can use for testing to this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielo360

I just bought an xperia z ultra, I would like to try this out how do I go about it.

It should work fine with the attached APK since that phone has a Snapdragon 800 which plays nice with our H264 stream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVNeptune8

Can this thread be moved? It's not relevant to the Shield.

Sure, ideas for the new location?
Attached Files
File Type: apk Limelight.apk - [Click for QR Code] (544.0 KB, 84 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to cgutman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cgutman Ad-Free
10th November 2013, 11:15 AM |#18  
Flag Portugal

More
Audio its working!
Video still has delay seems little bit better but still needs some work

The middle controller button the "xbox home" button doesn't work at least for me! Its needed to open the steam overlay.
10th November 2013, 10:05 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Audio its working!
Video still has delay seems little bit better but still needs some work

The middle controller button the "xbox home" button doesn't work at least for me! Its needed to open the steam overlay.

The xbox home button unfortunately sends key events like the Android home button which makes it problematic to intercept. Instead, I've made it so Back+Start will open the steam overlay.

The video delay issue is possibly an issue with Tegra's decoder or how we're interfacing with it. The problem with Google's software decoder and TI's hardware decoder is that the stream that we're getting is H264 high profile, while Android only requires implementing H264 baseline profile. Qualcomm's hardware decoder does high profile perfectly well. Tegra 3 and 4 also support high profile hardware decoding but they seem to decode very slowly, particularly when a large portion of the screen changes. The current plan is to look into software decoding of the H264 stream for devices that have problematic decoders, while letting the Qualcomm devices decode in hardware.

There's an updated APK attached to this post.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Limelight.apk - [Click for QR Code] (545.4 KB, 37 views)
11th November 2013, 04:18 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Where can I send you a donation?

I have an nVidia SHIELD and Nexus 7, but the only thing I don't like on the shield is the screen size so I'd LOVE to be able to play on my Nexus 7 with a 360 controller, etc so this project looks fantastic!

EDIT: Also, I'm just wondering, but how does this compare to Splashtop THD? Is it using the same NVENC and RTP methods for encoding and sending data? I am thinking about purchasing an ASUS TF701T tablet but one of the main (?) purposes would be remote streaming some games from my desktop. It's confusing that you say that Tegra chips are slower because isn't Splashtop THD (made for Tegra) extremely low latency?
11th November 2013, 12:01 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
EDIT: Ran 1st test with shield itself, Used it to play rage,borderlands as noted by the dev there is a delay with Tegra device, the d-pad on the shield did not work,
other buttons worked fine,otherwise streaming is really good. Excellent work! will run a few more tests, and test with z ultra with moga pro .. looking forward to a donate version!

EDIT2: z ultra has lot of blocks black and green etc randomly showing up, streaming is fine and smooth despite that, Moga pro HID mode right stick and dpad dont work only works in native shield streamer so far, ps3 controller worked except the button mapping is a little off, hope you can find they way xinput is emulated would be great

In the shield native streamer all or most HID controllers work fine in emulating the 360 controller, however outside that with splashop and droidmote thats not the case.

Have you implemented xinput controller support in this similar to shields? if so would any HID controller do or are you using a wired 360 controller attached to your android device?

Would be awesome if you have found a way to emulate xinput with HID controllers. Droidmote does this but it currently doesnt work with HID d-pads.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofakng

Where can I send you a donation?

I have an nVidia SHIELD and Nexus 7, but the only thing I don't like on the shield is the screen size so I'd LOVE to be able to play on my Nexus 7 with a 360 controller, etc so this project looks fantastic!

EDIT: Also, I'm just wondering, but how does this compare to Splashtop THD? Is it using the same NVENC and RTP methods for encoding and sending data? I am thinking about purchasing an ASUS TF701T tablet but one of the main (?) purposes would be remote streaming some games from my desktop. It's confusing that you say that Tegra chips are slower because isn't Splashtop THD (made for Tegra) extremely low latency?

Splastop is cpu based, that includes Splashtop THD which just has a few optimizations for tegra chipsets (which are now in splashtop personal too), This app uses gpu based encoding same as the shield and its got something to do with how nvidia has implemented their streamer with regards to tegra devices, which I guess will need to be resolved.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, game streaming, gamestream, geforce experience, shield

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)