FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Game streaming to other Android devices or PCs with Moonlight and GeForce Experience

473 posts
Thanks Meter: 420

By cgutman, Senior Member on 31st October 2013, 02:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th March 2014, 02:39 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Talking
its there a work arround to anable full screen on mac? i know you disabled cause it brokes the controller but i think its still work if you are Using a wired/wireless controller connected to the GFE PC instead of the streaming device?

thanks

26th March 2014, 05:56 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
¨Hardware compatibility is expanding to gaming notebooks, though they'll need to be both high-end and recent, since it only works with GTX 600M, 700M, and 800M mobile GPUs.¨

Does this mean we will be able to finally run Limelight while connected to our laptops ?
26th March 2014, 06:08 PM |#503  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegof18

its there a work arround to anable full screen on mac? i know you disabled cause it brokes the controller but i think its still work if you are Using a wired/wireless controller connected to the GFE PC instead of the streaming device?

thanks

It should be possible if you launch it from the terminal.

Try a command like this: java -jar limelight-osx64.jar -host <PC IP address> -fs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attreyu

¨Hardware compatibility is expanding to gaming notebooks, though they'll need to be both high-end and recent, since it only works with GTX 600M, 700M, and 800M mobile GPUs.¨

Does this mean we will be able to finally run Limelight while connected to our laptops ?

As long as they haven't done anything to the protocol that breaks Limelight, it should work. We'll see on the 2nd I guess
26th March 2014, 06:17 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgutman

As long as they haven't done anything to the protocol that breaks Limelight, it should work. We'll see on the 2nd I guess

In that case, the only thing missing from Limelight, in my case, would be using the integrated gyro in the majority of phones as a mouse, for FPS games Kainy has it implemented, and I understand that it´s not difficult to implement, nor bandwith hungry.
26th March 2014, 08:51 PM |#505  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:

Sometimes this slowness happens even on the Shield itself with the official streaming app. I'm not sure if it's a PC-related problem or network-related.

Be careful assuming that your PC has no AV loss. Right now the PC doesn't display warnings about AV loss, so it's possible that it's happening but you just don't know about it.

Yup, I want to do some OpenGL tweaking because I think there's some extra performance we could squeeze out of it. We're going to ship a new PC version in the next few weeks, so we'll pull your changes in then.

It should, assuming Nvidia doesn't make some changes to their protocol in an attempt to break Limelight (I wouldn't put it past them).

I just pushed a new version of Limelight Android (2.1) with keyboard support and improved mouse support. It's on GitHub right now and should be live on the Play Store in a few hours.

If you've rebooted your PC and it still doesn't work, you could try clean installing the 332.21 drivers to see if that fixes it.

are you saying i could play battlefield 4 on my transformer prime with its keyboard + mouse?

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

ETA for ios release?
26th March 2014, 10:10 PM |#506  

More
I'm trying to use my official wired XB360 pad via a Advent Vega Note 7 but am getting a 'starting control connection failed' error, controller works fine with everything else.
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong..?

Thanks.
27th March 2014, 12:23 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Force close on Note 3.. cant start the app..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th March 2014, 02:29 PM |#508  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motawa88

are you saying i could play battlefield 4 on my transformer prime with its keyboard + mouse?

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

ETA for ios release?

You could play BF4 but right now mouse control is not ideal for gaming. Android's mouse APIs are pretty sparse so there's no proper way for us to hide the mouse cursor displayed locally or allow it to move infinitely far in all directions like games expect. I'm still trying to figure out a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miseryguts

I'm trying to use my official wired XB360 pad via a Advent Vega Note 7 but am getting a 'starting control connection failed' error, controller works fine with everything else.
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong..?

Thanks.

Try rebooting your PC. It's usually a PC-side issue that causes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekHackz

Force close on Note 3.. cant start the app..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Can you report the crash using the button that shows up in the crash dialog? This is assuming you're using the Play Store version.
27th March 2014, 04:16 PM |#509  

More
Quote:

You could play BF4 but right now mouse control is not ideal for gaming. Android's mouse APIs are pretty sparse so there's no proper way for us to hide the mouse cursor displayed locally or allow it to move infinitely far in all directions like games expect. I'm still trying to figure out a solution.

Try rebooting your PC. It's usually a PC-side issue that causes this.

Nope, doesn't help.. shame as I was looking forward to giving this a try
27th March 2014, 10:52 PM |#510  
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Would this work with the Moga Hero? http://www.mogaanywhere.com/controllers/heropower Sorry, a little confused because it states that a Moga Pro is required which I thought was last gen and the current gen is Power Pro and Hero?
27th March 2014, 11:16 PM |#511  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammarr

Would this work with the Moga Hero? http://www.mogaanywhere.com/controllers/heropower Sorry, a little confused because it states that a Moga Pro is required which I thought was last gen and the current gen is Power Pro and Hero?

It should work fine with Limelight. Just flip the switch into HID mode and everything should work. If it doesn't, post here about specifically which buttons aren't working properly and I'll fix it.

I should update the description to mention some of the newer models and to be more specific about other controllers also working.
The Following User Says Thank You to cgutman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cgutman Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, game streaming, gamestream, geforce experience, shield

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)