[MOD] Improving swap performance

Search This thread

shadovraven

Jan 9, 2012
Then the script doesn't work or there's something that changes value of vfs_cache_pressure ( unless you've modifed it manually ) Open the script with root explorer and check value of swappiness ( default is 80 ) and then type cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness in the terminal to see if the swappiness value is same as the one in the script.

Reactions: marC00Linho

ssanyi

Oct 21, 2011
Budapest
Then the script doesn't work or there's something that changes value of vfs_cache_pressure ( unless you've modifed it manually ) Open the script with root explorer and check value of swappiness ( default is 80 ) and then type cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness in the terminal to see if the swappiness value is same as the one in the script.

Yes, swapiness is 80 as in the script, but vfs cache pressure is still 50 for me (and no, I haven't modified it)...

marC00Linho

May 11, 2012
Zagreb
:)

Did everything right and it works nice.

Now I can multitask on my GT540 almost as well as on my HTC 3vo.

Tried using swapper2 but forget that, this is a far better solution and more simple.

Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I managed to find interesting set of tweaks that do increase swap performance by noticeable margin. I'm testing it since yesterday and i noticed improved performance in multitasking and gaming ( games runs much smoother than before and applications switching is faster ) and i decided to share it with you.

Installation is very simple:

1. Download the attached file and unrar it.
    2. Copy 21swap_tweaks to your sdcard or push it through ADB.
    3. Copy 21swap_tweaks or push it into /system/etc/init.d/ directory.
    4. Give 21swap_tweaks same permission like on the screen in the atachment.

All credits goes to nEnd from madteam.co.
    adding to tweaks in my thread :p
    how can I give 21swap_tweaks executable permission? I've pasted in that folder, and that's it?

Now you mount R/O on root exloporer and long press on 21swap_tweaks and windows will pop up and press permissions now unchek everything and check only executable row like --e--e--e and reboot and you are done ;)