[Infinity issues/defects/good features] Share your issues, defects or best features

Search This thread

katsumeiyo

Oct 23, 2009
MeiyoTown
i'm reading and no one is talking about screen lag. out touch lag. but i'm on my unit #3 with that problem.. software or I have fingers not made for touchscreens?

gierso

Aug 13, 2010
Monterrey
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
i'm reading and no one is talking about screen lag. out touch lag. but i'm on my unit #3 with that problem.. software or I have fingers not made for touchscreens?

probably anti capacitive fingers. :p

my first one had the dead lines problem

my second one sometimes is sluggish.. but then i remember every device gets slugish for ME over time (windows mac android linux etc).. so i just have to factory reset from time to time :p

i havent voided my bootloader yet...

is there any improvement from instaling a custom rom like clean rom or CM10.1????

which of the two you recommend??

for the microsd fixes i have a class 4 memory .. would the performance be an imporvement from internal?
or it has to be a class 10??

thanks.
:)

Enviado desde mi ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T usando Tapatalk 2

_that

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2012
is there any improvement from instaling a custom rom like clean rom or CM10.1????

Definitely. If you like the stock ROM "feel", get CROMi-X. If you like more options and open development, get CM.

for the microsd fixes i have a class 4 memory .. would the performance be an imporvement from internal?
or it has to be a class 10??

Speed class only says something about sequential write speed (important for photo and video recording), and nothing about random access (important for OS data storage). A fast class 4 card can have faster random access than a slow class 10 card. Best is to get a fast class 10 card. :)

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
Definitely. If you like the stock ROM "feel", get CROMi-X. If you like more options and open development, get CM.

Just to further clarify - CROMi-X will perform better than CM10 as well. If you are looking for performance, then CROMi-X is by far the fastest of the custom ROMs. So, it basically comes down to what you prefer - performance or "extras"...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

KinetiClutch

Apr 9, 2013
Not strictly true. In the most recent incarnations of both there is very little difference

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

pablox.mo

Mar 26, 2012
Viña del Mar
So hi guys, yesterday i flashed the cromi-xeno rom on my asus infinity and guess what...ive been having troubles with the dead line, it didnt happened before...i tryed a clean install of the rom but nothing, the same thing over and over....(this happens every 1 hour maybe idk). Any solutions there?? Im kinda worry, i dont want a dead pixel line in my tablet, i dont have the warranty on :(

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
So hi guys, yesterday i flashed the cromi-xeno rom on my asus infinity and guess what...ive been having troubles with the dead line, it didnt happened before...i tryed a clean install of the rom but nothing, the same thing over and over....(this happens every 1 hour maybe idk). Any solutions there?? Im kinda worry, i dont want a dead pixel line in my tablet, i dont have the warranty on :(

More information please:
What rom/recovery did you come from?
What bootloader/recovery/kernel are you on?
What's a dead line?
What did you do for a clean install?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

pablox.mo

Mar 26, 2012
Viña del Mar
I came from the stock one, i just rooted and unlocked my device and then i installed the cromi rom, with everything it has. Its the last kernel 3.1.10 from thats...a dead line is an horizontal line that cross all over the screen with dead pixels, black line. Like when you start the tv (the old ones, lol). It happens when i installed the rom, because in the stock one it didnt happened.

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
I came from the stock one, i just rooted and unlocked my device and then i installed the cromi rom, with everything it has. Its the last kernel 3.1.10 from thats...a dead line is an horizontal line that cross all over the screen with dead pixels, black line. Like when you start the tv (the old ones, lol). It happens when i installed the rom, because in the stock one it didnt happened.

Did you make a nandroid of your stock rom before you flashed CROMiX?
If yes, restore it and check if he black line is still there.
This is to find out if it is a software issue or hardware failure that just happened to occur when you flashed the new rom.
A line of dead pixels is definitely nothing common to this rom!
Versions do matter! So let us know which recovery, bootloader and rom version you are running.

gierso

Aug 13, 2010
Monterrey
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
Did you make a nandroid of your stock rom before you flashed CROMiX?
If yes, restore it and check if he black line is still there.
This is to find out if it is a software issue or hardware failure that just happened to occur when you flashed the new rom.
A line of dead pixels is definitely nothing common to this rom!
Versions do matter! So let us know which recovery, bootloader and rom version you are running.

my first infinity had after two weeks of use, had a dead pixel line (in stock , unrooted, locked) then it evolved to 5 lines near each other, looked like a music staff

Staff240.svg

i returned it and then received my second one , which had no problem, but i was afraid to unlock and lose warranty if it happened again.

thankfully id didnt happend after a year (now with warranty off i might unlockit)

i read somewere that if the problem is hardware related *maybe* they would honor the warranty. but im not sure how often it has been the case.

try to get to stock to see if it gets fixed and is just a software glitch. but the best way to know, is that if you turn on the tablet you see the lines at the boot screen? or not? (in my case it was the case even on boot)

good look and best regards

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear Asus customers/future customers,
    after almost a week of using, testing, playing with this tablet and also reading this forum i thought it's time to create a topic about all the issues and defects we encountered.
    Also if thing go well and the mods will give a hand to keep this topic clean we could add the positive thoughts and the strong parts of this tablet too. So lets start with the issues and defects. (On the first page i will put only issues and defects confirmed by more users and not isolated ones)

THE BAD PART

Overall Build issues/defects including materials and hardware :

1) The screen frame and the aluminium body doesn't fit equally around the tablet
    In my case the bottom left (near the dock connection) of the screen frame is 2 mm out and when pressing it is going down, then up again

2) Clicking sound (like a cheap 100$ plastic device) when you hold it
    Sadly i can confirm this too and with my device this clicking comes from the left side (in landscape mode) of the tablet. This is also very annoying and you can hear it loud and clear, especially during indoor use.

3) Light bleeding
    I can notice this mostly when booting or in very dark conditions. In my case it's located mostly on bottom and the right side, and doesn't really bother with normal use.

4) Volume buttons
    Made with very low quality and sometimes you are afraid that will get stuck into the frame or even break.

5) Flash memory/internal memory
    This is a well known issue and many review sites pointed out this issue that as you already know was almost fixed with the latest firmware update but still not totally gone.
    Try a benchmark application which test random read/write and you will see that your 3 years old device can do better than your Infinity :banghead:

6) Some issue with Bluetooth streaming

Software/OTA updates/Bootloader Unlock --> both issues are now fixed

1) Users doesn't receive OTA updates even if their are on stock firmware and locked bootloader
    UPDATE 07/08/2012 - Asus fixed the issue and it seems that many users are getting the OTA so thx Asus for listening to us and please keep doing so. :thumbup:

2) Users not able to unlock the bootloader with Asus Unlock Tool -- fixed on 07/08/2012

Reading on various boards (from Asus Prime,TF300T and TF700) looks like this two issues are connected somehow but what is even more important is that Asus doesn't support the unlock issues in anyway (and is not covered by your warranty) but some users used the OTA updates issue for asking repacement/repair ticket (so this one seems to be covered by the warranty).

UPDATE: Issue is fixed so more kudos to Asus... thx for the relatively quick fix

Marketing
    1) Selling the TF201 dock as a TF700 dock @ higher price is not nice for the customers

Now this is only a part of the story and i will keep updating the topic.

For Asus : Dear Asus when i discovered the above issues i got really sad but after that i've said "hey i can live with that" or "nah, doesn't bother too much", but i wonder why do we have to say that when is you the one who failed.Is this your high-end pricy tablet that you advertised a lot? What would you say if someone would make you pay for a Ferrari but you would only get a half Fiat/half Ferrari?

NOTE: I'm not trying to discourage anyone or stop people from buying the Infinity which for my needs is still a great product and i keep mine even with the above issues. Also some of these are not covered by the warranty so i guess that even if someone want to return the product it wouldn't be possible (one example would be the bootloader unlock issue)... at least not everywhere.

THE GOOD PART

1) The design is great and the aluminium body add a good touch to the overall design quality but also helps dissipate heat.
    2) The device is quite slim and doesn't weight much and this i very important for a portable device
    3) The screen is the best part of this tablet and is wonderful in any use condition. Browsing, reading, gaming or watching movies with this display is awesome. You can also hook a HDMI cable from the MicroHDMI port to your TV or monitor and enjoy Android on a large display.
    4) CPU and GPU have so real horse power and will not let you down. Keep in mind that aren't much applications which make complete use of all this power yet.
    5) Digitizer is also great and typing is very easy and smooth... no issue so far
    6) The 8MPixel camera is also good but please don't expect a professional camera. Is one of the best camera in the tablet market
    7) The Keyboard dock is also a great gadget and maybe a must for people who use this tablet for work. Many would say that you can buy a Bluetooth keyboard for less money, true... but it will drain your battery and will not fit with the tablet like the original one does.
    8) Another important thing is that Asus is well known as one of the best when it comes to software/firmware updates.

Guys please feel free to post more features and i will update. ;)

Wow, this is reminding me of the prime threads..lol.

Do the later model units seem to have issues fixed? I got a refund on my prime and contimplated getting an infinity. But I decided to give the galaxy note 10.1 a test run first. Its panning out very well with it. The negative reviews on website are nothing representative ofbthe actual product. You can see this by checking out their forum. Mostly smooth sailing over there and no real major issues like here. I have lil less than 30days before my best buy return is up. I still wonder about the infinity. I still have my prime dock also. I got lucky with prime in getting a generally good unit. Don't know how my luck would play out a second round going with infinity. The thing is this note 10.1 is performing so well. No crashes. No ANR, no build issues, no problems or crashes playing intense games like nova3 or dead trigger, no I/O issues, & This note 10.1 is actually the most powerful tablet on the market now. I love tegra3 (I have a nexus7) but this Exynos 4 quadcore is more powerful CPU and GPU wise than anything thing in android market today. Including tegra3. I do miss the tegra3 optimized games though.

So what's the latest news and overall mood with the latest batches of infinity tablets? Has the build quality gotten better? Software issues been fixed? Its a shame seeing that developement hasn't taken off for this device yet. The hardware is great. One likely reason could be QC issues along with constant complaints. More than likely its the nexus 7 THST has stolen away all the major developers since the price point is cheap and JB performs nearly flawless on it.

Anyone THST has bought their infinity in last 2 weeks or so, how is your device?

You and I know very well how things go in these forums. The people with little to no issues which I still strongly believe is the majority is being dwarfed by a few with legitimate concerns/problems. My Infinity is doing very well. Its speedy and smooth as it should. No issues with Wifi and GPS is strong just like the dongle on the Prime except without the actual device. BT audio pairing and streaming is flawless for me. Only thing I noticed is the minor LB, but not an issue. This tablet is night and day compared to our retired Primes. I love watching movies and I tell yah man nothing beats 1900x1200 HD quality no matter how others spin it. Add all the other features we know and love about the Prime its a beast! I know Note is a juggernaut of a tablet with its processor speed... But the Infinity ain't no slouch either. When Jelly Bean drops it will make this tablet even more appealing to me. Hey The Tegra games look sooo much nicer on an HD screen!!! Your missing out;)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app
    I think threads like this are very helpful. Similar threads about the TF201 helped me make my decision to buy and unlock, root, and flash a custom rom.

Many consumer have a TF201and have no clue why it is so glitchy and if they are the only ones. Honestly criticizing a product doesn't make you a fanboy.

Thanks for sharing info guys.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda app-developers app
    demandarin, we should get JB pretty soon, so this should be quite a definitive answer, where this is all going, but I am quite happy with it. On the other hand, there are still some lags (far less with the latest, .26 update) while doing some heavy data copying in the background, there are still random reboots every few days, not so much of the FCs. I don't have any light bleed or WiFi/GPS issues, so this is probably one of these "better" units (at first I had to do a data wipe to improve performance and benchmarks results, though, but this is minor).
    From what you're saying, the Note seems to be a great device. If you don't need what's in the Infinity, you should probably give it a go. When it comes to my preferences, after seeing a few tablets and the Infinity with its FHD screen and the dock, I would simply never trade it for anything else, even if it means having some lags while copying data (which I'm doing far less than in the first months, as there's nothing wrong with watching movies from one of the SD cards). You know the dock part already, so I guess it's up to you now. We'd love to have your here, however :)
    Development should be better with the JB out, some XDA members are struggling to get it running on the new SoC, so ASUS should help them soon :)