[Updated with download]Ubuntu Touch Preview for the SGH-T889 Note II

Search This thread

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
Ubuntu Touch Preview for the SGH-T889 Note II​

I am posting this so others that are interested in building Ubuntu Touch for the SGH-T889 can have a better starting point.. As of right now this will not build a booting ROM as it is still a work in progress, but it should build. I have some edititng I need to do to the guide but knot able to do just yet, I will get this done as soon as possible.

Edit: For download link, instructions on how to flash and what is working go to the second post.

Thanks!

Thanks to CyanogenMod, Canonical Ltd, drapalyuk, chasmodo, Gerrett,codeworkx, GhostOfTheNet, mgale88, and a special thanks to my friend DragunKorr. Sorry if I missed anyone, if I find I have I will update the thanks section.

2mwxvg0.png

15d9evd.jpg

Official Porting guide

How to build

To start with we you should be running Ubuntu 10.04 or higher. You might be able to use another Linux distro, but I have not seen anyone posting they were running a different Linux distro and building for the Preview. You also need to have a android build environment already set up. Now start by getting the additional packages you will need. Open a terminal by holding ctrl+Alt+t and paste the below command into the terminal.

Code:
$ sudo apt-get install git gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential \
  zip curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev:i386 x11proto-core-dev \
  libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 \
  libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos \
  python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc zlib1g-dev:i386 schedtool

Next you need to get the phablet-tools package.

Code:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:phablet-team/tools
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install phablet-tools android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot

Next you need to create a folder to sync your Android source tree too. You can name this folder anything you like. But for the purpose of this guide it will be named UPP (UbuntuPhonePort).

Code:
$ mkdir UPP

Now you need to set up the .repo in your UPP folder. To do this you need to cd to your UPP folder and run the following command in terminal.

Code:
$ phablet-dev-bootstrap UPP

Enter your name and email when pronpted for them then answer yes and press enter. This will set up your repo and start your sync. Be prepared this will take a good while. If you stop for some reason you can resume your sync by using the following command. (You probably will have to)

Code:
$ phablet-dev-bootstrap -c UPP

When your sync is done you need to set up your device tree for this you can either use CyanogenMod repositories on github or you can use my github repositories. I forked all of my repositories straight from CM and have made edits to allow it to compile.

You will have to be in your UPP folder in your file explorer and press ctrl+h to see the .repo folder. You will need to add the following lines to the manifest.xml in the .repo folder by opening the manifest.xml with a text editor. For this guide I am using my repositories but you can easily see how to use any other repositories here. Doing this will let the repositories you use sync if you do a resync of your work tree.

Code:
  <project path="device/samsung/t0lte" name="T-Macgnolia/android_device_samsung_t0lte" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <project path="kernel/samsung/smdk4412" name="T-Macgnolia/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <project path="hardware/samsung" name="T-Macgnolia/android_hardware_samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
  <project path="device/samsung/smdk4412-common" name="T-Macgnolia/android_device_samsung_smdk4412-common" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />

Alternatively you can clone your device repositories. For each folder you need to cd to where the folder needs to go. For example if you was cloning the device folder you would type in the following to get to the correct directory.

Code:
$ cd UPP/device/samsung

Here is the clone commands for all for of my repositories.

Code:
git clone git://github.com/T-Macgnolia/android_device_samsung_t0lte.git -b cm-10.1 t0lte
git clone git://github.com/T-Macgnolia/android_device_samsung_smdk4412-common.git -b cm-10.1 smdk4412-common
git clone git://github.com/T-Macgnolia/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412.git -b cm-10.1 smdk4412
git clone git://github.com/T-Macgnolia/android_hardware_samsung.git -b cm-10.1 samsung

Last step before building is to flash a CM nightly to your device so you can pull your proprietary files from your device. You can pull them from a stock ROM but stock ROMs do not have all the files where as CM or others source built ROMs will. Because of a problem with the new mali driver r3p1I suggest you use this CM nightly build as it is the only official CM build before the 22nd of Febuary. Now you need to cd to your device folder like so.

Code:
$ cd UPP/device/samsung/t0lte

Now connect your device via USB to your computer, make sure you have ADB Debugging on in settings and that you allow the device to communicate with your computer. Now run the following command.

Code:
$ ./extract-files.sh

Now if you used my repositories you can jump ahead to the bottom of this post for the build commands. If you did not you may want to keep reading..

These changes are per the official guide.

Go to device/samsung/t0lte/rootdir/fstab.smdk4x12 and remove the "nosuid" from the following line.

Code:
/dev/block/mmcblk0p16    /data             ext4      noatime,nosuid,nodev,discard,noauto_da_alloc,journal_async_commit,errors=panic

Go to kernel/samsung/smdk4412/arch/arm/configs/ cyanogenmod_t0lte_defconfig and add the following to the file in the "# Userspace binary formats" section of the file at line 750.

Code:
CONFIG_SYSVIPC=y
CONFIG_NAMESPACES=y
CONFIG_UTS_NS=y
CONFIG_IPC_NS=y
CONFIG_USER_NS=y
CONFIG_PID_NS=y
CONFIG_NET_NS=y
CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y
CONFIG_DEVPTS_MULTIPLE_INSTANCES=y
CONFIG_FSNOTIFY=y
CONFIG_DNOTIFY=y
CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER=y
CONFIG_FANOTIFY=y
CONFIG_FANOTIFY_ACCESS_PERMISSIONS=y
CONFIG_FSNOTIFY=y
CONFIG_SWAP=y
# CONFIG_ANDROID_PARANOID_NETWORK is not set

Go to device/samsung/t0lte/init.smdk4x12.rc and add the following beneath line 185.

Code:
    chmod 0666 /sys/class/backlight/panel/brightness

Changes I made to get to build.

In device/samsung/t0lte/t0lte.mk I commited line 50 like below.

Code:
#PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
    GalaxyNote2Settings

Also in device/samsung/t0lte/t0lte.mk removed below line from PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \

Code:
packages/apps/Nfc/migrate_nfc.txt:system/etc/updatecmds/migrate_nfc.txt \

Remove libandroid_runtime \ from the line 33 of hardware/samsung/exynos/multimedia/openmax/osal/Android.mk.

Last remove lines 2671 and 2674 in device/samsung/t0lte/audio/audio_hw.c. below is what it should look like before and after.

Before:
Code:
  // Wideband AMR
    ret = str_parms_get_str(parms, "wb_amr", value, sizeof(value));
    if (ret >= 0) {
        if (csd_wide_voice == NULL) {
                ALOGE("dlsym: Error:%s Loading csd_wide_voice", dlerror());
        } else {
            if (strcmp(value, "on") == 0) {
                ALOGE("%s: enabling csd_wide_voice", __func__);
                csd_wide_voice(VX_WB_SAMPLING_RATE);
            } else {
                ALOGE("%s: disabling csd_wide_voice", __func__);
                csd_wide_voice(VX_NB_SAMPLING_RATE);

After:
Code:
   // Wideband AMR
    if (ret >= 0) {
        } else {
            } else {

Missing Lib Files

This is a list of the missing lib files, where to get them, and where to pit them.

Code:
After pulling proprietary files from my device I went to system/lib of the CM ROM and copied and pasted the following lib files to vendor/samsung/t0lte/proprietary/system/lib of my work tree.

libandroid_runtime.so
libdvm.so
libharfbuzz.so
libhwui.so
libnativehelper.so
libmali.so
libUMP.so
libfimc.so

In system/lib/hw in the CM ROM copied and pasted the following lib files to vendor/samsung/t0lte/proprietary/system/lib/hw of my work tree.

camera.exynos4.so
gps.goldfish.so

In /system/lib/ of a stock ROM copied and pasted the following lib file to vendor/samsung/t0lte/proprietary/system/lib of my work tree.

libfactoryutil.so

In systemlib/egl of the CM ROM copied of and pasted the following lib files to vendor/samsung/t0lte/proprietary/system/lib/egl of my work tree.

libEGL_mali.so
libGLESv1_CM_mali.so
libGLESv2_mali.so

In system/vendor/lib of the CM ROM copied and pasted the following lib files to vendor/samsung/t0lte/proprietary/system/vendor/lib of my work tree.

libpn544_fw.so
mfc_fw.bin

In system/cameradata of the CM ROM copied and pasted the following files to vendor/samsung/t0lte/proprietary/system/cameradata of my work tree.

datapattern_420sp.yuv
datapattern_front_420sp.yuv

In system/bin of the CM ROM copied and pasted the following files to vendor/samsung/t0lte/proprietary/system/bin of myr work tree.

bcm4334.hcd
bcm4334_murata.hcd
bcm4334_semcosh.hcd

How to make to make the compiler use the added lib files. The lines highlighted are the ones I added.

Code:
# Copyright (C) 2013 The CyanogenMod Project
#
# Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
# you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
# You may obtain a copy of the License at
#
#      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
#
# Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
# distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
# WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
# See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
# limitations under the License.

LOCAL_PATH := vendor/samsung/t0lte

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/at_distributor:system/bin/at_distributor \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/efsks:system/bin/efsks \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/gsiff_daemon:system/bin/gsiff_daemon \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/ks:system/bin/ks \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/netmgrd:system/bin/netmgrd \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/qcks:system/bin/qcks \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/qmiproxy:system/bin/qmiproxy \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/qmuxd:system/bin/qmuxd \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/rild:system/bin/rild \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/sec-ril:system/bin/sec-ril \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/sensorhubservice:system/bin/sensorhubservice \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/smdexe:system/bin/smdexe \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/etc/Diag.cfg:system/etc/Diag.cfg \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/etc/Diag_zero.cfg:system/etc/Diag_zero.cfg \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libakm.so:system/lib/libakm.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libatparser.so:system/lib/libatparser.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libcsd-client.so:system/lib/libcsd-client.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libdiag.so:system/lib/libdiag.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libdsi_netctrl.so:system/lib/libdsi_netctrl.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libdsutils.so:system/lib/libdsutils.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libfactoryutil.so:system/lib/libfactoryutil.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libgps.so:system/lib/libgps.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libgps.utils.so:system/lib/libgps.utils.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libidl.so:system/lib/libidl.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libloc_adapter.so:system/lib/libloc_adapter.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libloc_api_v02.so:system/lib/libloc_api_v02.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libloc_eng.so:system/lib/libloc_eng.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libnetmgr.so:system/lib/libnetmgr.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libomission_avoidance.so:system/lib/libomission_avoidance.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libqcci_legacy.so:system/lib/libqcci_legacy.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libqdi.so:system/lib/libqdi.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libqdp.so:system/lib/libqdp.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libqmi.so:system/lib/libqmi.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libqmi_cci.so:system/lib/libqmi_cci.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libqmi_client_qmux.so:system/lib/libqmi_client_qmux.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libqmi_common_so.so:system/lib/libqmi_common_so.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libqmi_csi.so:system/lib/libqmi_csi.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libqmi_encdec.so:system/lib/libqmi_encdec.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libqmiservices.so:system/lib/libqmiservices.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libril.so:system/lib/libril.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so:system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libril-qcril-hook-oem.so:system/lib/libril-qcril-hook-oem.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libsecnativefeature.so:system/lib/libsecnativefeature.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libsecril-client.so:system/lib/libsecril-client.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libsensorhubservice.so:system/lib/libsensorhubservice.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/hw/vendor-camera.exynos4.so:system/lib/hw/vendor-camera.exynos4.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/hw/gps.default.so:system/lib/hw/gps.default.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/hw/sensorhubs.smdk4x12.so:system/lib/hw/sensorhubs.smdk4x12.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/hw/sensors.smdk4x12.so:system/lib/hw/sensors.smdk4x12.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/usr/idc/sec_e-pen.idc:system/usr/idc/sec_e-pen.idc \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/usr/keylayout/sec_e-pen.kl:system/usr/keylayout/sec_e-pen.kl \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/usr/keylayout/sec_touchkey.kl:system/usr/keylayout/sec_touchkey.kl \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/vendor/firmware/SlimISP_GK.bin:system/vendor/firmware/SlimISP_GK.bin \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/vendor/firmware/SlimISP_ZK.bin:system/vendor/firmware/SlimISP_ZK.bin[COLOR="Red"] \

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so:system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libdvm.so:system/lib/libdvm.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libharfbuzz.so:system/lib/libharfbuzz.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libhwui.so:system/lib/libhwui.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libnativehelper.so:system/lib/libnativehelper.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libMali.so:system/lib/libMali.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libUMP.so:system/lib/libUMP.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/lib/libfimc.so:system/lib/libfimc.so \

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/hw/camera.exynos4.so:system/lib/hw/camera.exynos4.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/hw/gps.goldfish.so:system/lib/hw/gps.goldfish.so \

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/egl/libEGL_mali.so:system/lib/egl/libEGL_mali.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_mali.so:system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_mali.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_mali.so:system/lib/egl/libGLESv_mali.so \

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/vendor/firmware/libpn544_fw.so:system/vendor/firmware/libpn544_fw.so \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/vendor/firmware/mfc_fw.bin:system/vendor/firmware/mfc_fw.bin \

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/cameradata/datapattern_420sp.yuv:system/cameradata/datapattern_420sp.yuv \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/cameradata/datapattern_front_420sp.yuv:system/cameradata/datapattern_front_420sp.yuv \

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/bcm4334.hcd:system/bin/bcm4334.hcd \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/bcm4334_murata.hcd:system/bin/bcm4334_murata.hcd \
    $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/bcm4334_semcosh.hcd:system/bin/bcm4334_semcosh.hcd
[/COLOR]

BUILD COMMANDS
Code:
$ . build/envsetup.sh
$ brunch full_t0lte-userdebug

It will make a cm.zip and a full_t0lte-ota-eng. username.zip in UPP/out/target/product/t0lt. You can use either one, I was told that the full_t0lte zip is not optimized but to be honest I do not know why it makes two zip files.

34g340l.jpg

Last edited:

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
Thanks to mgale88 we now have a build that will boot, it is still very rough and very much pre alpha but it does boot.Here is a link to his github.

What is working:
It boots that is pretty much it. (still has graphics issues)

What does not work:
No cellular service
No WiFi
No Bluetooth
The list goes on and on

Downloads

How to install​

To install you need to download the cm-10.1-20130317-UTOUCH2-t0lte.zip latest quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip. Then preforme a full wipe of cache, delvik cache, factory reset, and system. Then flash the two files in the order given below.

1.cm-10.1-20130317-UTOUCH2-t0lte.zip
2.quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip
3.Reboot

Last edited:

ktetreault14

Feb 12, 2012
Largo
Re: Ubuntu Touch Preview for the SGH-T889 Note II

I will test it when it is bootable

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

tppickles

Feb 3, 2011
Kingston

Does anyone know how often the ubuntu touch source is going to be updated and when it is will that mean having to rebuild everything from scratch to port it over?

Sent from my T889V on WIND Mobile using xda app-developers app

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
Does anyone know how often the ubuntu touch source is going to be updated and when it is will that mean having to rebuild everything from scratch to port it over?

Sent from my T889V on WIND Mobile using xda app-developers app

Going by what I know unless Canonical makes some changes to the .mk and config files for the parts of Android that it uses you should not have to make any changes to the device tree when they start rolling out updates because you get the actual Ubuntu part comes from them, you do not compile. It. See the Ubu tu Touch runs in a container in Android right now. The Android parts you have to compile is just there to make it easier to port to Android devices right now at least that is my opinion. But Canonical has put hints in the Android source and the official porting giude they have that they do have plans on changing things up some in the future.

EmptyArea

Dec 17, 2010

Following with interest...

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: YourCancer01

YourCancer01

Sep 5, 2012

Definitely following this but not 100% sure about switching to it yet looks like alot to switch over to and switching back?

Last edited:

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
Building a brand new build from a new sync. Took 9 hours for a fresh sync, a little over 8 hours of getting my working folder set up to build. XDA Senior Member Gerrett made a great post today about the work that is going on for the n7000 Note II. I went through his updated get hub and made all the changes I needed to match his git hub. The two devices are very close to the same so this should work. It is still building right now. I hope to post back later with a booting build. Wish me luck.

ktetreault14

Feb 12, 2012
Largo

Building a brand new build from a new sync. Took 9 hours for a fresh sync, a little over 8 hours of getting my working folder set up to build. XDA Senior Member Gerrett made a great post today about the work that is going on for the n7000 Note II. I went through his updated get hub and made all the changes I needed to match his git hub. The two devices are very close to the same so this should work. It is still building right now. I hope to post back later with a booting build. Wish me luck.

I hope it works

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
Bummer it stopped compiling right after I had posted my last post but I got that error fixred and started building again. It compiled for a good while very close to the end and stopped again. Only this time I do not know why because it is calling for a file in prebuilt/gcc in my build folder but I do not have a prebuilt/gcc, not even in my old work folder that will still compile. I will have to come back tomorrow and see if I can get it figured out. Thought for sure I had it this go around.

I am going to bed tonight no all nighter for me tonight. I will work on it some more tomorroow. :(

pettrel

Dec 6, 2010
maaany questions

Bummer it stopped compiling right after I had posted my last post but I got that error fixred and started building again. It compiled for a good while very close to the end and stopped again. Only this time I do not know why because it is calling for a file in prebuilt/gcc in my build folder but I do not have a prebuilt/gcc, not even in my old work folder that will still compile. I will have to come back tomorrow and see if I can get it figured out. Thought for sure I had it this go around.

I am going to bed tonight no all nighter for me tonight. I will work on it some more tomorroow. :(

oh man that sucks, for some reasons mine still doesn't want to work... I guess its because I trying it on a VM, but it should work the same. I will post my output from terminal tomorrow...

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

Code:
device/samsung/smdk4412-common/camerawrapper/CameraWrapper.cpp: In function 'char* camera_fixup_setparams(int, const char*)':
device/samsung/smdk4412-common/camerawrapper/CameraWrapper.cpp:130:16: error: 'KEY_CITYID' is not a member of 'android::CameraParameters'
device/samsung/smdk4412-common/camerawrapper/CameraWrapper.cpp: In function 'int camera_device_open(const hw_module_t*, const char*, hw_device_t**)':
device/samsung/smdk4412-common/camerawrapper/CameraWrapper.cpp:514:134: warning:
 suggest parentheses around assignment used as truth value [-Wparentheses]
make: *** [/home/petruv/UPP/out/target/product/t0lte/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/camera                     .exynos4_intermediates/CameraWrapper.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
external/sqlite/dist/sqlite3.c: In function 'fts3SnippetFunc':
external/sqlite/dist/sqlite3.c:129881:11: warning: 'iS' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
external/sqlite/dist/sqlite3.c:129873:13: note: 'iS' was declared here
make: *** wait: No child processes.  Stop.
petruv@AndroidDevelopment:~/UPP$

That is what I get when I try to make the built. I followed this guide
I had to do this:
Code:
$ cd device/samsung/t0lte
$ cp t0lte.mk full_t0lte.mk

so I can get passed the error where it says its missing "full_t0lte.mk".
Also, I did:
Code:
$ brunch t0lte
instead of
Code:
because it was saying it couldn't find this device and was trying to get them from CyanogenMod github.

I don't know if this actually helped anyone or if anyone had the same problem, but I'd love to have some feedback from you guys. Thanks. :good:

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
oh man that sucks, for some reasons mine still doesn't want to work... I guess its because I trying it on a VM, but it should work the same. I will post my output from terminal tomorrow...

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

Code:
device/samsung/smdk4412-common/camerawrapper/CameraWrapper.cpp: In function 'char* camera_fixup_setparams(int, const char*)':
device/samsung/smdk4412-common/camerawrapper/CameraWrapper.cpp:130:16: error: 'KEY_CITYID' is not a member of 'android::CameraParameters'
device/samsung/smdk4412-common/camerawrapper/CameraWrapper.cpp: In function 'int camera_device_open(const hw_module_t*, const char*, hw_device_t**)':
device/samsung/smdk4412-common/camerawrapper/CameraWrapper.cpp:514:134: warning:
make: *** [/home/petruv/UPP/out/target/product/t0lte/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/camera                     .exynos4_intermediates/CameraWrapper.o] Error 1
external/sqlite/dist/sqlite3.c:129881:11: warning: 'iS' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]

I had to do this:
Code:

Also, I did:
Code:
$ brunch t0lte
instead of
Code:
because it was saying it couldn't find this device and was trying to get them from CyanogenMod github.

I don't know if this actually helped anyone or if anyone had the same problem, but I'd love to have some feedback from you guys. Thanks. :good:

I will come back and look at your problem more later I am going to bed. I should have went earlier like I saiad I was. Cause now I have a device that will not go into recovery. I think it is soft bricked
I can not even bott to recovery via "adb reboot recovery". :crying:

pettrel

Dec 6, 2010
I will come back and look at your problem more later I am going to bed. I should have went earlier like I saiad I was. Cause now I have a device that will not go into recovery. I think it is soft bricked
I can not even bott to recovery via "adb reboot recovery". :crying:

As long as you can get in "Download Mode", you're good to go.

pettrel

Dec 6, 2010
So... I went in different folders and edited some .mk files (commented out any line that have to do with camera), I don't remember which ones, but I got it to build... now I am transferring my files to my phone and will give it a try to see if it boots.

acideater

Sep 15, 2012
Gilbert
If Ubuntu is being ported to android phones, does that mean other linux distros will be able to be ported as well? Like Linux Mint for example. I think that would look super sexy on a phone.

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.

Code:

I had to do this:
Code:

Also, I did:
Code:
$ brunch t0lte
instead of
Code:

It looks like you did not clone your device folder because that is where the t0lte.mk and the full_t0lte.mk is located in device/samsung/t0lte.
Go to device/samsung and delete the tolte folder you have if it is one there and open a terminal and do the following .

Code:
cd UPP/device/samsung
git clone git://github.com/T-Macgnolia/android_device_samsung_t0lte.git -b cm-10.1 t0lte

As long as you can get in "Download Mode", you're good to go.

That is the problem it will not go to download mode either. I just ordered a JIG from MobileTechVideos.com. Hopefully when I get it in a couple of days I will be able to get to download mode and flash via Odin.

So... I went in different folders and edited some .mk files (commented out any line that have to do with camera), I don't remember which ones, but I got it to build... now I am transferring my files to my phone and will give it a try to see if it boots.

Glad you got it to build man, did you get it to boot. Also as a good rulle of thumb always document what changes you make when trying to get a build to complete or any added mods you add to your work tree.

If Ubuntu is being ported to android phones, does that mean other linux distros will be able to be ported as well? Like Linux Mint for example. I think that would look super sexy on a phone.

Canonical Ltd made put together this mobile version of Ubuntu. From what they (Canonical Ltd) have said about it they have plans to do nothing but improve on this platform if it gains popularity. They mentioned such features as having a full desktop Ubuntu if you dock your device. But as far as other linux distros coming out with a mobile version i can not say yes or no. But I can say it will probably depend on how popular this first Ubuntu phone OS becomes.

Last edited:
Reactions: pettrel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ubuntu Touch Preview for the SGH-T889 Note II​

I am posting this so others that are interested in building Ubuntu Touch for the SGH-T889 can have a better starting point.. As of right now this will not build a booting ROM as it is still a work in progress, but it should build. I have some edititng I need to do to the guide but knot able to do just yet, I will get this done as soon as possible.

Edit: For download link, instructions on how to flash and what is working go to the second post.

Thanks!

Thanks to CyanogenMod, Canonical Ltd, drapalyuk, chasmodo, Gerrett,codeworkx, GhostOfTheNet, mgale88, and a special thanks to my friend DragunKorr. Sorry if I missed anyone, if I find I have I will update the thanks section.

2mwxvg0.png

15d9evd.jpg

Official Porting guide

How to build

To start with we you should be running Ubuntu 10.04 or higher. You might be able to use another Linux distro, but I have not seen anyone posting they were running a different Linux distro and building for the Preview. You also need to have a android build environment already set up. Now start by getting the additional packages you will need. Open a terminal by holding ctrl+Alt+t and paste the below command into the terminal.

Code:
    $ sudo apt-get install git gnupg flex bison gperf build-essential \
      zip curl libc6-dev libncurses5-dev:i386 x11proto-core-dev \
      libx11-dev:i386 libreadline6-dev:i386 libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 \
      libgl1-mesa-dev g++-multilib mingw32 tofrodos \
      python-markdown libxml2-utils xsltproc zlib1g-dev:i386 schedtool

Next you need to get the phablet-tools package.

Code:
    $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:phablet-team/tools
    $ sudo apt-get update
    $ sudo apt-get install phablet-tools android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot

Next you need to create a folder to sync your Android source tree too. You can name this folder anything you like. But for the purpose of this guide it will be named UPP (UbuntuPhonePort).

Code:
    $ mkdir UPP

Now you need to set up the .repo in your UPP folder. To do this you need to cd to your UPP folder and run the following command in terminal.

Code:
    $ phablet-dev-bootstrap UPP

Enter your name and email when pronpted for them then answer yes and press enter. This will set up your repo and start your sync. Be prepared this will take a good while. If you stop for some reason you can resume your sync by using the following command. (You probably will have to)

Code:
    $ phablet-dev-bootstrap -c UPP

When your sync is done you need to set up your device tree for this you can either use CyanogenMod repositories on github or you can use my github repositories. I forked all of my repositories straight from CM and have made edits to allow it to compile.

You will have to be in your UPP folder in your file explorer and press ctrl+h to see the .repo folder. You will need to add the following lines to the manifest.xml in the .repo folder by opening the manifest.xml with a text editor. For this guide I am using my repositories but you can easily see how to use any other repositories here. Doing this will let the repositories you use sync if you do a resync of your work tree.

Code:
      <project path="device/samsung/t0lte" name="T-Macgnolia/android_device_samsung_t0lte" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
      <project path="kernel/samsung/smdk4412" name="T-Macgnolia/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
      <project path="hardware/samsung" name="T-Macgnolia/android_hardware_samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />
      <project path="device/samsung/smdk4412-common" name="T-Macgnolia/android_device_samsung_smdk4412-common" remote="github" revision="cm-10.1" />

Alternatively you can clone your device repositories. For each folder you need to cd to where the folder needs to go. For example if you was cloning the device folder you would type in the following to get to the correct directory.

Code:
    $ cd UPP/device/samsung

Here is the clone commands for all for of my repositories.

Code:
    git clone git://github.com/T-Macgnolia/android_device_samsung_smdk4412-common.git -b cm-10.1 smdk4412-common
    git clone git://github.com/T-Macgnolia/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412.git -b cm-10.1 smdk4412
    git clone git://github.com/T-Macgnolia/android_hardware_samsung.git -b cm-10.1 samsung

Last step before building is to flash a CM nightly to your device so you can pull your proprietary files from your device. You can pull them from a stock ROM but stock ROMs do not have all the files where as CM or others source built ROMs will. Because of a problem with the new mali driver r3p1I suggest you use this CM nightly build as it is the only official CM build before the 22nd of Febuary. Now you need to cd to your device folder like so.

Code:
    $ cd UPP/device/samsung/t0lte

Now connect your device via USB to your computer, make sure you have ADB Debugging on in settings and that you allow the device to communicate with your computer. Now run the following command.

Code:
    $ ./extract-files.sh

Now if you used my repositories you can jump ahead to the bottom of this post for the build commands. If you did not you may want to keep reading..

These changes are per the official guide.

Go to device/samsung/t0lte/rootdir/fstab.smdk4x12 and remove the "nosuid" from the following line.

Code:
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p16    /data             ext4      noatime,nosuid,nodev,discard,noauto_da_alloc,journal_async_commit,errors=panic

Go to kernel/samsung/smdk4412/arch/arm/configs/ cyanogenmod_t0lte_defconfig and add the following to the file in the "# Userspace binary formats" section of the file at line 750.

Code:
    CONFIG_SYSVIPC=y
    CONFIG_NAMESPACES=y
    CONFIG_UTS_NS=y
    CONFIG_IPC_NS=y
    CONFIG_USER_NS=y
    CONFIG_PID_NS=y
    CONFIG_NET_NS=y
    CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y
    CONFIG_DEVPTS_MULTIPLE_INSTANCES=y
    CONFIG_FSNOTIFY=y
    CONFIG_DNOTIFY=y
    CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER=y
    CONFIG_FANOTIFY=y
    CONFIG_FANOTIFY_ACCESS_PERMISSIONS=y
    CONFIG_FSNOTIFY=y
    CONFIG_SWAP=y
    # CONFIG_ANDROID_PARANOID_NETWORK is not set

Go to device/samsung/t0lte/init.smdk4x12.rc and add the following beneath line 185.

Code:
        chmod 0666 /sys/class/backlight/panel/brightness

Changes I made to get to build.

In device/samsung/t0lte/t0lte.mk I commited line 50 like below.

Code:
    #PRODUCT_PACKAGES += \
        GalaxyNote2Settings

Also in device/samsung/t0lte/t0lte.mk removed below line from PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \

Code:
    packages/apps/Nfc/migrate_nfc.txt:system/etc/updatecmds/migrate_nfc.txt \

Remove libandroid_runtime \ from the line 33 of hardware/samsung/exynos/multimedia/openmax/osal/Android.mk.

Last remove lines 2671 and 2674 in device/samsung/t0lte/audio/audio_hw.c. below is what it should look like before and after.

Before:
    Code:
      // Wideband AMR
        if (ret >= 0) {
            } else {
                    csd_wide_voice(VX_WB_SAMPLING_RATE);
                } else {
                    csd_wide_voice(VX_NB_SAMPLING_RATE);

After:
    Code:
       // Wideband AMR
        if (ret >= 0) {
            } else {
                } else {

Missing Lib Files

This is a list of the missing lib files, where to get them, and where to pit them.

Code:
    After pulling proprietary files from my device I went to system/lib of the CM ROM and copied and pasted the following lib files to vendor/samsung/t0lte/proprietary/system/lib of my work tree.

libandroid_runtime.so
    libdvm.so
    libharfbuzz.so
    libhwui.so
    libnativehelper.so
    libmali.so
    libUMP.so
    libfimc.so

In system/lib/hw in the CM ROM copied and pasted the following lib files to vendor/samsung/t0lte/proprietary/system/lib/hw of my work tree.

camera.exynos4.so
    gps.goldfish.so

In /system/lib/ of a stock ROM copied and pasted the following lib file to vendor/samsung/t0lte/proprietary/system/lib of my work tree.

libfactoryutil.so

In systemlib/egl of the CM ROM copied of and pasted the following lib files to vendor/samsung/t0lte/proprietary/system/lib/egl of my work tree.

libEGL_mali.so
    libGLESv1_CM_mali.so
    libGLESv2_mali.so

In system/vendor/lib of the CM ROM copied and pasted the following lib files to vendor/samsung/t0lte/proprietary/system/vendor/lib of my work tree.

libpn544_fw.so
    mfc_fw.bin

In system/cameradata of the CM ROM copied and pasted the following files to vendor/samsung/t0lte/proprietary/system/cameradata of my work tree.

datapattern_420sp.yuv
    datapattern_front_420sp.yuv

In system/bin of the CM ROM copied and pasted the following files to vendor/samsung/t0lte/proprietary/system/bin of myr work tree.

bcm4334.hcd
    bcm4334_murata.hcd
    bcm4334_semcosh.hcd

How to make to make the compiler use the added lib files. The lines highlighted are the ones I added.

Code:
    # Copyright (C) 2013 The CyanogenMod Project
    #
    # Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
    # you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
    # You may obtain a copy of the License at
    #
    #      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
    #
    # Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
    # distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
    # WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
    # See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
    # limitations under the License.

LOCAL_PATH := vendor/samsung/t0lte

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/at_distributor:system/bin/at_distributor \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/efsks:system/bin/efsks \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/gsiff_daemon:system/bin/gsiff_daemon \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/ks:system/bin/ks \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/netmgrd:system/bin/netmgrd \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/qcks:system/bin/qcks \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/qmiproxy:system/bin/qmiproxy \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/qmuxd:system/bin/qmuxd \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/rild:system/bin/rild \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/sec-ril:system/bin/sec-ril \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/sensorhubservice:system/bin/sensorhubservice \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/smdexe:system/bin/smdexe \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/etc/Diag.cfg:system/etc/Diag.cfg \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/etc/Diag_zero.cfg:system/etc/Diag_zero.cfg \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libakm.so:system/lib/libakm.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libatparser.so:system/lib/libatparser.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libcsd-client.so:system/lib/libcsd-client.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libdiag.so:system/lib/libdiag.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libdsi_netctrl.so:system/lib/libdsi_netctrl.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libdsutils.so:system/lib/libdsutils.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libfactoryutil.so:system/lib/libfactoryutil.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libgps.so:system/lib/libgps.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libgps.utils.so:system/lib/libgps.utils.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libidl.so:system/lib/libidl.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libloc_adapter.so:system/lib/libloc_adapter.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libloc_api_v02.so:system/lib/libloc_api_v02.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libloc_eng.so:system/lib/libloc_eng.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libnetmgr.so:system/lib/libnetmgr.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libomission_avoidance.so:system/lib/libomission_avoidance.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libqcci_legacy.so:system/lib/libqcci_legacy.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libqdi.so:system/lib/libqdi.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libqdp.so:system/lib/libqdp.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libqmi.so:system/lib/libqmi.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libqmi_cci.so:system/lib/libqmi_cci.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libqmi_client_qmux.so:system/lib/libqmi_client_qmux.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libqmi_common_so.so:system/lib/libqmi_common_so.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libqmi_csi.so:system/lib/libqmi_csi.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libqmi_encdec.so:system/lib/libqmi_encdec.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libqmiservices.so:system/lib/libqmiservices.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libril.so:system/lib/libril.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so:system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libril-qcril-hook-oem.so:system/lib/libril-qcril-hook-oem.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libsecnativefeature.so:system/lib/libsecnativefeature.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libsecril-client.so:system/lib/libsecril-client.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libsensorhubservice.so:system/lib/libsensorhubservice.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/hw/vendor-camera.exynos4.so:system/lib/hw/vendor-camera.exynos4.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/hw/gps.default.so:system/lib/hw/gps.default.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/hw/sensorhubs.smdk4x12.so:system/lib/hw/sensorhubs.smdk4x12.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/hw/sensors.smdk4x12.so:system/lib/hw/sensors.smdk4x12.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/usr/idc/sec_e-pen.idc:system/usr/idc/sec_e-pen.idc \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/usr/keylayout/sec_e-pen.kl:system/usr/keylayout/sec_e-pen.kl \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/usr/keylayout/sec_touchkey.kl:system/usr/keylayout/sec_touchkey.kl \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/vendor/firmware/SlimISP_GK.bin:system/vendor/firmware/SlimISP_GK.bin \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/vendor/firmware/SlimISP_ZK.bin:system/vendor/firmware/SlimISP_ZK.bin[COLOR="Red"] \

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so:system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libdvm.so:system/lib/libdvm.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libharfbuzz.so:system/lib/libharfbuzz.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libhwui.so:system/lib/libhwui.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libnativehelper.so:system/lib/libnativehelper.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libMali.so:system/lib/libMali.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/libUMP.so:system/lib/libUMP.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/lib/libfimc.so:system/lib/libfimc.so \

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/hw/camera.exynos4.so:system/lib/hw/camera.exynos4.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/hw/gps.goldfish.so:system/lib/hw/gps.goldfish.so \

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/egl/libEGL_mali.so:system/lib/egl/libEGL_mali.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_mali.so:system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_mali.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_mali.so:system/lib/egl/libGLESv_mali.so \

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/vendor/firmware/libpn544_fw.so:system/vendor/firmware/libpn544_fw.so \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/vendor/firmware/mfc_fw.bin:system/vendor/firmware/mfc_fw.bin \

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/cameradata/datapattern_420sp.yuv:system/cameradata/datapattern_420sp.yuv \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/cameradata/datapattern_front_420sp.yuv:system/cameradata/datapattern_front_420sp.yuv \

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/bcm4334.hcd:system/bin/bcm4334.hcd \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/bcm4334_murata.hcd:system/bin/bcm4334_murata.hcd \
        $(LOCAL_PATH)/proprietary/system/bin/bcm4334_semcosh.hcd:system/bin/bcm4334_semcosh.hcd
    [/COLOR]

BUILD COMMANDS
    Code:
    $ . build/envsetup.sh

It will make a cm.zip and a full_t0lte-ota-eng. username.zip in UPP/out/target/product/t0lt. You can use either one, I was told that the full_t0lte zip is not optimized but to be honest I do not know why it makes two zip files.

34g340l.jpg
    Just to give a little update, I did a fresh repo of source and made a new build over the weekend. Unfortunately it did not boot but I will be working on it some more in the evenings after work this week. I will post a new zip for upload when and if I get it booting. I will also update the guide then too.
    Thanks to mgale88 we now have a build that will boot, it is still very rough and very much pre alpha but it does boot.Here is a link to his github.

What is working:
    It boots that is pretty much it. (still has graphics issues)

What does not work:
    No cellular service
    No WiFi
    No Bluetooth
    The list goes on and on

Downloads

How to install​

To install you need to download the cm-10.1-20130317-UTOUCH2-t0lte.zip latest quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip. Then preforme a full wipe of cache, delvik cache, factory reset, and system. Then flash the two files in the order given below.

1.cm-10.1-20130317-UTOUCH2-t0lte.zip
    2.quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip
    3.Reboot
    I finally got it !!!! font issue fixed ...
    I finally got it !!!! font issue fixed ...

click here to download the zip with the fix for font rendering. I also used the afmod.zip folder for some testing. I am not able to update my git repo as I did a few changes to the kernel that I cannot remember. Well, now we can start to put together a version that is somewhat useful. ENJOY!!!