UPDATE! Bloatware cleaning and freezing scripts

Search This thread

summer.cat

Mar 15, 2012
Voronezh
Hi!
I made two simple scripts for geting rid of unnecessary software.

Please, backup your system before using scripts!

Only for Custom recovery, like TWRP, CWM for unlocked and SafeStrap for locked bootloaders!

first of it chmod_TouchLess_WD_NFS_FULL.zip this script will change permissions on bloatware like
Code:
chmod 0 0 0 bloatware.apk
second rm_TouchLess_WD_NFS_FULL.zip hardly removing unusable apk's like
Code:
rm -f ./bloatware.apk

Active Display, NFC, Touchless Control, Live wallpapers, NFS, Dock etc, are working fine!

How to use:
You should just download ZIP on your device, reboot to Custom recovery, choose Install options and define suitable ZIP-file.

Scripts are not signed, so you should turn off Sign checking in recovery settings.
Tested on CWM PhilZ 6.19.3 and TWRP 2.6.3.1

Please, pm me, if you have any problems using this scripts

Attachments

• chmod_TouchLess_WD_NFS_FULL.zip
    218.5 KB · Views: 40
  • rm_TouchLess_WD_NFS_FULL.zip
    218.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

zdaddi

Hi!
I made two simple scripts for installation via Custom recovery.

Please, backup your system before using scripts!

chmod.zip as you could understood setting permissions for bloat files, and second rm.zip hardly removing unusable apk's.
You should just download ZIP on your device, reboot to recovery and choose Install options and define suitable ZIP-file.
Scripts are not signed, so you should turn off Sign checking in recovery options.
Tested on CWM PhilZ 6.19.3 and TWRP 2.6.3.1

What exactly do these scripts do?

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011
What exactly do these scripts do?

I kind of get what he is saying but a better explanation of what they exactly do and why we even need them. I can change permissions to any app with ROM toolbox and deleting apps just as easy with ROM toolbox. From what I read above this is what the scripts do. Better explanation please.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app