[HOW TO] change boot logo (not animation)

Search This thread

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
100% filenames are correct, that was 1st thing I checked as I have a terrible tenancy to have typos :). This is for the Atrix (mb860).

That's the problem. Like I said, this is similar on most devices, but often not the same. I derived it from the Atrix, so I know it is possible, but the partition name might not be the same. you can try just "logo" for the name, but I would check out the atrix forum (and google) for the propper solution. I believe the image is created the same way, it is just a matter of how to get it to the device.

Let me know if you need any more help!

-lkrasner

jo15765

Jun 21, 2012
That's the problem. Like I said, this is similar on most devices, but often not the same. I derived it from the Atrix, so I know it is possible, but the partition name might not be the same. you can try just "logo" for the name, but I would check out the atrix forum (and google) for the propper solution. I believe the image is created the same way, it is just a matter of how to get it to the device.

Let me know if you need any more help!

-lkrasner

Ah...my syntax just needed to be this
Code:
fastboot flash logo logo.bin

lparihar9

Jul 19, 2013
Mumbai
if you find one send it to me and i'll tweak it for you.

Could you please create the bin file for the attached images ? I'm not a Photoshoper :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance :)

Please send the files so that I may share it with other folks here so that others can enjoy if they like it :eek: :angel:

Attachments

• images.zip
    522 KB · Views: 49

nikhJ

May 18, 2012
Guys sorry I just cant understand Im a noob..Do we have to create a fastboot folder or is it aldready present?? And do we have to set up adb for this command to work?

Last edited:

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
Guys sorry I just cant understand Im a noob..Do we have to create a fastboot folder or is it aldready present?? And do we have to set up adb for this command to work?

I'm not really sure what you are asking. All you are doing is flashing it with fastboot, so if the fastboot executable and the file are in the same place, it is easier, since you don't have to type the whole file path out. And, this only uses fastboot, you shouldn't need adb for anything.

Reactions: nikhJ

nikhJ

May 18, 2012
I'm not really sure what you are asking. All you are doing is flashing it with fastboot, so if the fastboot executable and the file are in the same place, it is easier, since you don't have to type the whole file path out. And, this only uses fastboot, you shouldn't need adb for anything.

Hey thanks ikanser. I got the procedure now and I flashed the new moto boot logo.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA Premium HD app

rexemina

Jul 24, 2013
Help me out

i asked this here yesterday and got some good responces, so thank you, i then figured out how to do it, and was shocked at how easy it was. This is the logo i set now.
eating-aple-normal.jpg

here is the bin file to flash if you like mine: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yye2cnbezuwwxcu/logo.bin below are the steps to create your own super easily. If anyone does not have photoshop, feel free to pm me your image and i'll do the tweaks so you can flash it.

1. Create a 540x540 image
2. Merge into 1 layer
3. Go to the channel mixer (image > adjustments > channel mixer)
4.select red output channel and change the red value to 0 and the blue value to 100
5. Select the blue channel and change red to 100 and blue to 0
6. Hit ok, note that the colors will look weird now, but will show correctly on the phone
7. Save image with .raw extension
8. Rename the output file to logo.bin
9. To make things easier, move it to the same folder as fastboot so that you will not have to type directory names, or you can type out the whole directory.
10. Turn off your phone and turn on while holding both volume buttons, chose ap fastboot
11. Open a command window in the same folder as fastboot and type
Code:
fastboot flash logo.bin logo.bin

it will take a second or two, then when it succeeds, reboot to see your new logo!

help me out i attached the one i wanna convert for mtk6577 phone

Attachments

• galaxy-s3-boot-logo.BIN.jpg
    galaxy-s3-boot-logo.BIN.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 87

anand.parmar

Jan 18, 2012
Hi lkrasner,

In step 6 you said that the colors look weird on computer but will look correctly on phone, I followed all the steps but colors look weird on phone as well.
How do I make them look correctly on phone?

gaurav247star

Jun 19, 2013
Gurgaon, India
You are simply flashing it with fastboot. If you are gonna do this stuff, I would recommend you get familiar with fastboot and working with command line in general.

Anyways, just open a command prompt window in the same folder as fastboot and type fastboot flash logo.bin "name of your image.bin"

@lkrasner Hi, iam having a Spreadtrum SC6820 device name called micromax a35 android ... i am rooted know how to use android sdk ,,

but my problem is am not able to flash the logo.bin which is a look like Google kitkat 4.4 logo.bin to my device it says error unknown partition.

iam attaching the logo.bin file please help me...

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 240
  • logobin.rar
    230.4 KB · Views: 33

Jaja14

May 14, 2014
Any Android Devices

Does it work on any android devices? And 540x540 resolution is the general resolution for any boot logo? Thanks

vampelle

Dec 27, 2013
Help

Hi there,
I need to know how I can edit my existing bootloader. As u see I have rooted my phone (QMobile noir A10 same as micro max canvas2 A110)
As I installed some custom rom,cone rom bootloader got struck so I trying to fix it I install another bootloader.zip n well now that is struck n wouldn't remove when I install a new custom rom.
So any idea how to remove that so the proper logo image comes before the animation logo of the custom rom.

And any idea how to fix my shut down charging battery icon as it is replace by a small weird lcolour line n goes black.

1BadWolf

Aug 12, 2012
Nowhere, Louisiana
Hi there,
I need to know how I can edit my existing bootloader. As u see I have rooted my phone (QMobile noir A10 same as micro max canvas2 A110)
As I installed some custom rom,cone rom bootloader got struck so I trying to fix it I install another bootloader.zip n well now that is struck n wouldn't remove when I install a new custom rom.
So any idea how to remove that so the proper logo image comes before the animation logo of the custom rom.

And any idea how to fix my shut down charging battery icon as it is replace by a small weird lcolour line n goes black.

Find the XDA forum that is meant for your specific device. You'll probably find instructions on how to reflash your stock rom.

Reactions: Aceofzeroz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I asked this here yesterday and got some good responces, so thank you, I then figured out how to do it, and was shocked at how easy it was. This is the logo I set now.
    eating-aple-normal.jpg

here is the bin file to flash if you like mine: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yye2cnbezuwwxcu/logo.bin Below are the steps to create your own super easily. If anyone does not have photoshop, feel free to pm me your image and i'll do the tweaks so you can flash it.

1. create a 540X540 image
    2. merge into 1 layer
    3. go to the channel mixer (image > adjustments > channel mixer)
    4.select red output channel and change the red value to 0 and the blue value to 100
    5. select the blue channel and change red to 100 and blue to 0
    6. hit OK, note that the colors will look weird now, but will show correctly on the phone
    7. save image with .raw extension
    8. rename the output file to logo.bin
    9. to make things easier, move it to the same folder as fastboot so that you will not have to type directory names, or you can type out the whole directory.
    10. turn off your phone and turn on while holding both volume buttons, chose AP fastboot
    11. open a command window in the same folder as fastboot and type
    Code:
    fastboot flash logo.bin logo.bin

it will take a second or two, then when it succeeds, reboot to see your new logo!
    Different partitions, this is not meant for that device

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app

Hi there,

Find the XDA forum that is meant for your specific device. You'll probably find instructions on how to reflash your stock rom.