[Q] Mod to disable airplane mode USB 3.0?

Search This thread

thatsnailguy

Jan 20, 2012
Huntsville
I have only seen one thread about USB 3.0 and airplane mode so far. This bothers the hell out of me. Does a ROM or preferably an Xposed module exist to disable forced airplane mode.

Does the hardware REQUIRE airplane mode? Is my Verizon Note 3 USB 3.0 better than other carries Note 3 USB 3.0 because of this airplane mode? Essentially I have seen a couple of confirmation threads saying "Yes it requires airplane mode," but none that tell me WHY.

SO....... Why is airplane mode necessary?

Last edited:

justin94

Oct 31, 2010
I'm going out on a limb here and say the reason behind airplane mode is power. USB 3.0 uses a ton more power than traditional usb 2.0. That being said... The phone also uses less power in airplane mode as it isn't searching for service. Power=battery life.

Do not quote me on this as it is just an assumption. It may actually be a blessing in disguise. Just a nice little tweak to keep the battery performing at max capacity.

On second thought. As I typed this ibrealized that the phone will still get power from the usb port on a computer...... Yea. We need a fix for this.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

tw3ak

Jan 15, 2008
Me too USB 3.0 Airplane mode WTF?

I also find this incredibly annoying.

Also has anyone here actually got USB 3.0 data connection working on the SM-N900V?

I cannot get it to work in USB 3.0 mode.
I used the supplied cable, a retractable USB 3.0 cable. Both work fine with MTP in USB 2.0 but I can't get any of three diffrent PC's with USB 3.0 ports to actually connect with USB 3.0!

This was a selling point for me on the phone and it has never worked. What am I missing? Or is it a broken feature?

And yes a Xposed module to disable this would be tits. Other vendor's models of the Note 3 don't force this...so what gives Verizon.

tw3ak.

sanfordturbo

Jan 15, 2008
I also find this incredibly annoying.

Also has anyone here actually got USB 3.0 data connection working on the SM-N900V?

I cannot get it to work in USB 3.0 mode.
I used the supplied cable, a retractable USB 3.0 cable. Both work fine with MTP in USB 2.0 but I can't get any of three diffrent PC's with USB 3.0 ports to actually connect with USB 3.0!

This was a selling point for me on the phone and it has never worked. What am I missing? Or is it a broken feature?

And yes a Xposed module to disable this would be tits. Other vendor's models of the Note 3 don't force this...so what gives Verizon.

tw3ak.

Yes. I am using USB 3.0. Most of the problems I faced were related to Windows 7 Ultimate recognizing my new USB3.0 PCIe card and unsigned drivers. What a friggin nightmare. In the end, i had to install/uninstall the drivers from device manager several times. I also had to manually delete my old USB root hub crap left over from my old USB2.0 hub.

I still don't get it. USB 3.0 is awesome fast, but MTP and PTP are not very fast for indexing thumbnails of images. If i want to copy 1GB of images, it is fast, but if i want to scroll down half way and find one image visually, it is painfully slow.

Plus Verizon activates USB3.0 in airplane mode. If left unattended for 5 minutes, it will deactivate USB3.0 and turn radio back on. WTF is that crap?