[Q] Bluetooth: Sense Vs. AOSP

Search This thread

edgemaster191

Sep 14, 2008
Bennington
www.reddit.com
My issue here is with the bluetooth connection between my phone and my car stereo.

I have a Kenwood KDC-X995 receiver in my car. When i connect my phone to my stereo with a Sense ROM, my radio sits there displaying "downloading" which it does when it's transferring contacts from the phone to the headunit. This takes up to 20 minutes to complete. Also, during this time, if I make or receive a phone call while it's stuck downloading the whole process gets hung up. The first phone call works, but in order to use it again I have to turn off bluetooth on my phone then turn it back on.

This is an issue with stock 4.3, as well as Viper's ROM 5.0 and InsertCoin 7.x and 8.x.

I've also told the phone NOT to transfer contacts to the headunit and still tries and gets stuck at "Downloading" on my headunit.

When i've tried this with the GPE ROM"s and CyanogenMOD 11, everything works perfectly. Contacts sync to the headunit in a matter of seconds, phone calls work fine, everything does what it should be doing.

I never had a problem with my Galaxy S3 running TouchWhiz or CyanogenMOD, and my iPhone 4S works perfectly as well.

This seems to be an issue with Sense based ROM's and i'm not sure what to do. I don't feel like my headunit is at fault here.

Should mention, my phone connects to my BlueAnt Ribbon and JBL Flip just fine but there is no contact syncing going on with these devices.

Thanks everybody for any info.

aer0zer0

Recognized Contributor
I had a different but similar issue, in my 2012 Nissan frontier 4.2.2 sense worked fine, once I upgraded to 4.3 or 4.4 sense, it broke. My problem ended up being the new PBX. I paid for an app called Bluetooth phonebook and it forces the old PBX and then everything worked for me.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: edgemaster191

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had a different but similar issue, in my 2012 Nissan frontier 4.2.2 sense worked fine, once I upgraded to 4.3 or 4.4 sense, it broke. My problem ended up being the new PBX. I paid for an app called Bluetooth phonebook and it forces the old PBX and then everything worked for me.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app