[Q] How to record in full screen?

Search This thread

phoenixbluex

Oct 26, 2013
Hi. I have a question.
I have been recording my android screen when playing games for videos and because my tablet has 1280x800 resolution and has that nav. bar on the bottom, my videos have black bars on the side (in 720p).

But I just noticed something, for some reason when recording some sort of movie, it records in full screen even though that nav. bar is still on the bottom of the screen.

For example look here at 4:25 minutes:
youtube.com/watch?v=PLb860iD3g0

It was recorded just like the rest of my content but that movie in the game recorded in full screen even though the nav. bar was on the bottom on my tablet screen and the actual game recorded the same way with the black bars on the side. Why did the movie record in fullscreen like that and how can I get the game to record in full screen like that?

Thanks.

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Hi. I have a question.
I have been recording my android screen when playing games for videos and because my tablet has 1280x800 resolution and has that nav. bar on the bottom, my videos have black bars on the side (in 720p).

But I just noticed something, for some reason when recording some sort of movie, it records in full screen even though that nav. bar is still on the bottom of the screen.

For example look here at 4:25 minutes:
youtube.com/watch?v=PLb860iD3g0

It was recorded just like the rest of my content but that movie in the game recorded in full screen even though the nav. bar was on the bottom on my tablet screen and the actual game recorded the same way with the black bars on the side. Why did the movie record in fullscreen like that and how can I get the game to record in full screen like that?

Thanks.

So you don't want the nav bars to show up when recording a movie?

phoenixbluex

Oct 26, 2013
So you don't want the nav bars to show up when recording a movie?

Sorry, I meant I don't want the nav bar to show up in the recorded game footage.

When my tablet records a movie, the nav bars don't appear in the recorded video
but when my tablet records a game, the nav bars do show up in the recorded video.

The nav bar is on my tablet screen when recording both but the video outcome is different when recording a movie vs a game. So I was wondering how do I make my tablet record a game as though it were recording a movie?