Ultimate One Click Theme Injector (Teaser 1/15) Screenies... Need some feed back!

Search This thread

ASimmons

Retired Recognized Developer
May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
Sorry but that one doesn't do hdpi to mdpi. He actually posted in my other thread earlier asking about it.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

ASimmons

May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
Yes ill post it this weekend... howd you think I ported the other hdpi themes :).

The op explains.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Here are screenies of the two colors that are kicking my ares! The one of overclock is the toast? One top line in gmail, that is menu bar or title bat, can't remember.

62c4ab5e-e8b8-ad3d.jpg

62c4ab5e-e8c7-56b9.jpg

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

ASimmons

May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
Here are screenies of the two colors that are kicking my ares! The one of overclock is the toast? One top line in gmail, that is menu bar or title bat, can't remember.

62c4ab5e-e8b8-ad3d.jpg

62c4ab5e-e8c7-56b9.jpg

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

I can barely see this pics, so I can't really tell what your talking about. Try and repost them a little bigger, and then I'll be able to see whats going on.

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
I can barely see this pics, so I can't really tell what your talking about. Try and repost them a little bigger, and then I'll be able to see whats going on.

Sorry, uploaded from my phone. Doing it from PC now.

The overclock widget (along with other apps that use this sort of window), when you tap the icon on homescreen this pops up. The galaxy s theme has a deeper blue but that didnt port over. I tried the toast.9.png but that made no difference so I am thinking it is named something diff, I tried sub menu as well.

The google one is the bar across the top, it is also a diff blue in galaxy s theme, a brighter blue I believe. I tried title bar.9.png but that made no diff. This bar is not only in google mail but a title bar for any app that uses this bar at the top of the app, even XDA has it for a short period of time, until app GUI covers it.

Thanks!

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 34
  • screenshot_4.png
    screenshot_4.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 32

ASimmons

May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
Sorry, uploaded from my phone. Doing it from PC now.

The overclock widget (along with other apps that use this sort of window), when you tap the icon on homescreen this pops up. The galaxy s theme has a deeper blue but that didnt port over. I tried the toast.9.png but that made no difference so I am thinking it is named something diff, I tried sub menu as well.

The google one is the bar across the top, it is also a diff blue in galaxy s theme, a brighter blue I believe. I tried title bar.9.png but that made no diff. This bar is not only in google mail but a title bar for any app that uses this bar at the top of the app, even XDA has it for a short period of time, until app GUI covers it.

Thanks!

The bar should be activity_title_bar.9.png in framework-res.apk

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
The bar should be activity_title_bar.9.png in framework-res.apk

When I open both files within stock Extremely blue and Your Galaxy Theme they are the same colors. Also I am pretty sure that the background for the overclock widget (and other apps that have those menus) is the sub menu, and those are the smae files as well. Reading a bit more in 9 patch if I understand correctly, those pixels are controlled by a XML. So the reason it is not changing is the XML tells it how much to stretch that pixel, right or wrong? I believe this is getting beyond my ability here :( I am satisfied with what I have put together now :D I just have a tendency to obsess over things, I know it can be changed so therefor I hate giving up! Though I may just throw in the towel here LOL. I am going to move onto the Phone.apk, the highlight when pressed is yellow and needs to be blue! :)

Thank You for everything!

ASimmons

May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
When I open both files within stock Extremely blue and Your Galaxy Theme they are the same colors. Also I am pretty sure that the background for the overclock widget (and other apps that have those menus) is the sub menu, and those are the smae files as well. Reading a bit more in 9 patch if I understand correctly, those pixels are controlled by a XML. So the reason it is not changing is the XML tells it how much to stretch that pixel, right or wrong? I believe this is getting beyond my ability here :( I am satisfied with what I have put together now :D I just have a tendency to obsess over things, I know it can be changed so therefor I hate giving up! Though I may just throw in the towel here LOL. I am going to move onto the Phone.apk, the highlight when pressed is yellow and needs to be blue! :)

Thank You for everything!

Actually the 9 patch stretching is control in a set of byte data on the png itself. you can either decompile it and then edit it or edit it and then just redraw the 9 patch areas. This is googles page on how they work... its short and sweet so you have to read it carefully. Using this and 9patch draw tool in adb/tools you should be able to make it stretch anyway you want. Just remeber top and left side is the stretching point, right side and bottom are the stretching distance.

As for the other pngs, the submenu might be correct I maybe later I'll digg around.

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Actually the 9 patch stretching is control in a set of byte data on the png itself. you can either decompile it and then edit it or edit it and then just redraw the 9 patch areas. This is googles page on how they work... its short and sweet so you have to read it carefully. Using this and 9patch draw tool in adb/tools you should be able to make it stretch anyway you want. Just remeber top and left side is the stretching point, right side and bottom are the stretching distance.

As for the other pngs, the submenu might be correct I maybe later I'll digg around.

There are 3 different Galaxy S themes out there for the cm6.0. One of them I believe your theme injected into cm6.1, the one you have to flash over a install of cm6.1 first. Anyway no matter how I try to use the theme injector the submenu 9 patch does not port over. I have even done 7-zip and replaced all the 9 patch files in the themed-cm6.1 that the injector produces. There has to be some sort of XML file that needs to be swapped out to make the color scheme work correctly. Am I right, could that be the issue with these files not porting over? It shouldnt need to be resized since it is coming from a working rom/theme (linked below). Either one of the Galaxy S themes flash right over cm6.1, the only version that is a working (somewhat) Galaxy S with the correct 9 patch colors doesnt play well with the market or google sync/one time set up :( I know you are busy and have a lot going on. I am willing to try to test myself but need to be pointed in the right direction. I dont need to edit the 9 patch as I have the correct ones from two diff themes. They just dont display the way they are supposed to be displayed, make sense? The darker blue is the correct one that doesnt seem to port, or maybe is does port but it doesnt display properly :confused:

Link to rom/theme made for cm6.1 doesnt work to good with market and google sync/one time set up

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=828332

first one is injected over extremely blue, is injected over cm6.1 is stays gray

second one comes from the linked theme/rom, i believe this was made from your galaxy s theme :)

The second is much more of a shiny/clear darker color of blue, hard to tell from the pics though

Attachments

• screenshot_1.jpg
    screenshot_1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 48
  • screenshot_9.jpg
    screenshot_9.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

ASimmons

May 4, 2010
Tampa Bay
There are 3 different Galaxy S themes out there for the cm6.0. One of them I believe your theme injected into cm6.1, the one you have to flash over a install of cm6.1 first. Anyway no matter how I try to use the theme injector the submenu 9 patch does not port over. I have even done 7-zip and replaced all the 9 patch files in the themed-cm6.1 that the injector produces. There has to be some sort of XML file that needs to be swapped out to make the color scheme work correctly. Am I right, could that be the issue with these files not porting over? It shouldnt need to be resized since it is coming from a working rom/theme (linked below). Either one of the Galaxy S themes flash right over cm6.1, the only version that is a working (somewhat) Galaxy S with the correct 9 patch colors doesnt play well with the market or google sync/one time set up :( I know you are busy and have a lot going on. I am willing to try to test myself but need to be pointed in the right direction. I dont need to edit the 9 patch as I have the correct ones from two diff themes. They just dont display the way they are supposed to be displayed, make sense? The darker blue is the correct one that doesnt seem to port, or maybe is does port but it doesnt display properly :confused:

Link to rom/theme made for cm6.1 doesnt work to good with market and google sync/one time set up

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=828332

first one is injected over extremely blue, is injected over cm6.1 is stays gray

second one comes from the linked theme/rom, i believe this was made from your galaxy s theme :)

The second is much more of a shiny/clear darker color of blue, hard to tell from the pics though

Nope it should just be a png, I used this same injection (albeit hdpi to mdpi) method to port this from the nexus 1 I think. But yeah your right its the submenu.

Is it just the sub menu of the overclock widget or all of them? I'll try and check it out later tonight since I'm going to working on the hdpi to mdpi porting later and try and post that tonight (maybe tomorrow morning).

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Nope it should just be a png, I used this same injection (albeit hdpi to mdpi) method to port this from the nexus 1 I think. But yeah your right its the submenu.

Is it just the sub menu of the overclock widget or all of them? I'll try and check it out later tonight since I'm going to working on the hdpi to mdpi porting later and try and post that tonight (maybe tomorrow morning).

Its all submenu's that do not have the ported color. That is one of the most attractive things in the Galaxy S ports :) Of the whole theme its looks to be the only thing that does not get ported over :( I have tried and tried all sorts of ways to inject, different roms, all 3 themes of the Galaxy that I found. One of them did port over a baby blue color to the power down option, but not to the submenu's :confused:

The little notifications that pop up, like say in Titanium Back Up "Titanium Back Up Has Been Granted Superuser Permissions" that ports over just fine. I am guessing that is toast frame? This stuff is way harder than I thought, Hats off to all the Devs!

Thanks

Oh, that activity title bar doesnt seem to port either. I have tried manually replacing and reflashing with no luck :(

Last edited:

theimpaler747

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Its all submenu's that do not have the ported color. That is one of the most attractive things in the Galaxy S ports :) Of the whole theme its looks to be the only thing that does not get ported over :( I have tried and tried all sorts of ways to inject, different roms, all 3 themes of the Galaxy that I found. One of them did port over a baby blue color to the power down option, but not to the submenu's :confused:

The little notifications that pop up, like say in Titanium Back Up "Titanium Back Up Has Been Granted Superuser Permissions" that ports over just fine. I am guessing that is toast frame? This stuff is way harder than I thought, Hats off to all the Devs!

Thanks

Oh, that activity title bar doesnt seem to port either. I have tried manually replacing and reflashing with no luck :(

It's probably .9pngs still not getting done :)

wuh_hassan

Oct 6, 2010
Dallas
hello! sir im really very confused.im a new user,not a geeky man for this kind of stuff so please guide me.
samsung galaxy s gt-i9000,2.1 ekalre:
what should i write in the cmd promt for:
1-wheres the theme you want to inject?.....
2-wheres the rom you want to inject into?
its installed through my pc so should i connect my fone via usb in debugging mode.or how it will transfer into my fone...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Ultimate Version

I'm looking for some feed back and interest in a gui version of this app, below are some screnshots. Currently I have written interfaces for Optipng, Apktool, ADK, Z7a and a buncha other theming tools. Think of this new version as a way to manage your themes and roms in a workspace like setting, where files will show up in a explorer like ui.

Please ask questions and make suggestions Please!

READ THIS FIRST:

UPDATE 9 PATCH TWEAKS:
    This new version will port your favorite hdpi theme to an mdpi rom... yes 9 patch resizing. I want to be the first to say this is not 100% and it probably never will be, and over the next couple of days we can discuss this.

What it will do is resize every 9 patch in a rom and move it over to the mdpi theme. Yes this is the same method I used for all my hdpi ports.

What it might not get is the 9 patching data correctly, which means that it might get stretched incorrectly, most times you won't noticed but others it will be obvious. This will happen anywhere from 1% to 30% of the 9 patch pngs in a port, but all you will need to do is redraw them using the 9 patch draw tool in the adb folder.

Please respect other peoples work. If you port a theme using this and repost it don't just link back to the op... mention the author and give them props.

Also want to say I spent a looooong time trying to figure this out, and I tried many different ways, and I'm open to others suggestion on making this better

Oh and don't forget to to install Image Magick, its included and the HDPI to MDPI will not work without this.

This tool will take your favorite theme and inject it into your favorite rom... provided they are compatible with each other (might work if they aren't but thats for later). I did this cause alot of themers and people who like themes are always waiting for the nightly theme to get applied, well this will do it for you.

You can think of this as almost a theme installer.

INSTRUCTIONS by Norm12:
    1. Download and extract.
    1.5 Install image magick from the image magick folder... just run the installer and its ready to go. This is important the hdpi to mdpi will not work without it.
    2. Copy both the theme and rom into the 1 click folder---the extracted one.
    3. Open the 1-click folder and you should see your theme, rom, lib folder, and the injector script.
    4. Doubleclick on the injector script----if you did everything correct it will open a cmd prompt
    5. Enter the names of the rom and theme when asked...I did use the exact names and added ".zip" to the end.
    5.5 Answer y if this is an hdpi to mdpi port otherwise n.
    6. Hit enter and wait. When it is really done it will auto-close the cmd prompt. This may take 15 minutes.
    7. Your newly themed rom will be in the same folder as the unthemed rom and theme zips. If it worked it should be slightly larger than the original rom. Enjoy

!!!IMPORTANT... BECAUSE 7ZIP SHOWS OUTPUT IGNORE THE "EVERYTHING IS OK" LET THE SCRIPT FINISH WHEN ITS DONE IT WILL CLOSE ITSELF IF YOU DOUBLE CLICKED IT OR IT WILL RETURN TO COMMAND PROMPT!!!

Ignore any errors your seeing while it runs, this is normal like before let it run completely through till it closes out.

Run time could be up too 20 minutes (60 with HDPI to MDPI) on a big theme/rom, but faster that waiting!

You must now install Image Magick if you would like to use the hdpi to mdpi resizing!

ISSUES:
    There also seems to be an issue with the gallery3d.apk and the differences in the mdpi and hdpi version. For now remove this from the theme your porting otherwise it won't come out right.

Update 4:
    HDPI to MDPI porting!!!!!

Update 3:
    Removed verbose but added optopng verbose just let it run. It works but you have to let it finish, the cmd window will close it self.

Update 2:
    Added verbose output so that you guys will know to close it out before its done...even tho 7zip says everything is ok... just let it do its thing.

Update 1:
    Had the optimization stuff commented out... sorry its back on.
    Script will clean up now after it finishes.

JAVA CLASSPATH:
    Its needed for the signer to work properly goto a command prompt and type in java -version. if you get and error back java is not in your classpath and needs to be.

just right click on my computer, then goto properties, then click on the advanced tab, at the bottom click on the "Environment Variable" button.

Now click on the new button... the one on the bottom for system variable and put in this
    variable name: JAVA_HOME
    variable value: C:\<path-to-where-java-is>

Now click ok and select the path system variable and then click edit. IMPORTANT only append to the end of the value this... ;%JAVA_HOME%\bin

then click ok and ok out of all those windows and open a new command prompt and type java -version you should get no error if you do your path to java was wrong follow the steps above again and make sure the path is correct.

WHAT THIS WON'T DO:
    It won't port over xml or smali edits.

It wont port over what it can't find... so if your theme has a facebook widget or something but the rom does not then it will ignore that.

It will not port over fonts or anything other than the framework-res.apk and all the themes apks in the system/app folder. If this is popular Maybe other stuff can get included.

WHAT THIS WILL DO:
    Shrink a 9 patch from HDPI size to MDPI size.

Push over all the themes pngs from the apk with it to the roms matching apk.

Optimize every png in the theme you are porting over.

Zip align all the apks in your newly themed rom.

Sign the newly themed rom.

Give me feed back.
    I might make this easier and make the injector steal the apks for injection right from your phone and then inject and make a flashable to put right back on... tell me what you think.

New HDPI to MDPI version (v2) with 9 patch porting download here

Screenies from Ultimate One Click Theme Injector
    their are 4 png files you need to grab from stock cm7 and move into the drawable-hdpi folder of your framework to give you black menu's back

the png's are as follows
    -menu_background.9
    -menu_background_fill_parent_width.9
    -menu_separator.9
    -menu_submenu_background.9

since cm6.1 still has white menu's they carried over, hope this will help
    This is great, going to give it a try! Want to use steel my elegance on AOSP mod!
    What does yours do that this one doesn't do? I'm just curious because this one will re-size the png's.
    Yep grab your latest rom zip file and then a theme for themed rom zip file and run the program, your new rom will get themed. Takes a little bit of time to finish and varies on your computer speed but its better than doing it manually.