[HotSpot Hack] Enable Hotspot on Gingerbread

Search This thread

noimjosh

Mar 3, 2009
Hotspot Hack for HTC EVO 4.22.651.2 & 4.24.651.1 ROMS
EDIT:
I just uploaded new files for 4.24.651.1
(for 4.22.651.2 use files that don't say 4.24.651.1)

DISCLAIMER:
I take no responsibility for this messing up your phone. Make sure you make a nandroid backup before attempting this

THIS IS ONLY FOR DEODEXED ROMS BASED ON THE FINAL 4.22.651.2 OR 4.24.651.1 RELEASE!

I have only tested it on this ROM (DEODEXED), but it works.

Thanks to chris1683, Calkulin, Aamikam and vaelek (I reversed the one from SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 - and I think those are all of the people that contributed to it - let me know if I forgot someone)

This is my first release...so be gentle.

(the undoHotspot-Hack_signed.zip below is to remove the hack if you want)

Attachments

• Hotspot-Hack_signed.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 6,719
  • undoHotspot-Hack_signed.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 1,881
  • hotspot-hack-4.24.651.1_signed.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 4,788
  • undo-hotspot-4.24.651.1_signed.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 1,509
Last edited:

playya

Jan 12, 2007
Florida
Hotspot Hack for HTC EVO 4.22.651.2 ROM

THIS IS ONLY FOR DEODEXED ROMS!

Thanks to chris1683, Caulkin, Aamikam and vaelek (I reversed the one from SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 - and I think those are all of the people that contributed to it - let me know if I forgot someone)

great job will give it a shot

Reactions: Dogg006

ToddlerTN

Jun 5, 2008
Haven't tested it yet, but thank you so much. Any chance you could also the "Disable USB Debugging Notification" working as well? They sort of go hand-in-hand to me, I just hate that nagging icon whilst tethered.

droiddawg

Dec 29, 2010
Why not just use wireless tether? Is there a difference?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Harfainx

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 10, 2010
Wireless Tether has supported Infrastructure mode for quite some time. I have up to 3 devices connected on Wireless Tether quite often, to include other Android devices that don't see AdHoc mode (like my Archos 70IT and 101IT).

noirelion

I use my wifi tether app on multiple devices too.

Is wireless tether really adhoc? I use it with 2+ devices.
Wireless tether 3.0 allows me to use multiple devices, as well.
That hotspot they keep slapping in all these roms....isnt worth a crap on 4g (it disables 4g sends it into constant scan mode)- only the hicks/hillbillies in the woods (with no 4g)use it. Wireless tether version 3.x does it for me (I snagged it out of some kang rom .zip and slapped it in my "all apps" folder on my SD card.
I wish devs'd quit loading it ("hotspot" that doesnt do 4g) in roms us folks in civilization use 4g........, and would every dev add a file manager in their rom? I mean come on. astro, es strong? something....?

Sent from my Windoze Vista Quadcore Dell PC wireless tethered to my "Lord of Droids Evo 4g"
Side note anyone seen a leaked blue stacks? or is it vaporware?

Last edited:

noimjosh

Mar 3, 2009
You're too kind...

That hotspot they keep slapping in all these roms....isnt worth a crap on 4g (it disables 4g sends it into constant scan mode)- only the hicks/hillbillies in the woods (with no 4g)use it. Wireless tether version 3.x does it for me (I snagged it out of some kang rom .zip and slapped it in my "all apps" folder on my SD card.
I wish devs'd quit loading it ("hotspot" that doesnt do 4g) in roms us folks in civilization use 4g........, and would every dev add a file manager in their rom? I mean come on. astro, es strong? something....?

Sent from my Windoze Vista Quadcore Dell PC wireless tethered to my "Lord of Droids Evo 4g"

I'm not sure I understand your frustration completely since I am a hillbilly (or hick, you can choose which word to describe me with). I do know, however, that I have contributed something to this community (besides scathing remarks about 4G 1 2 3 4). I wish you all the best in your future endeavors however, and thank you for the criticism.

Can you post a guide one what you edited as far as XML or smali?

I'll see if I can whip something up...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hotspot Hack for HTC EVO 4.22.651.2 & 4.24.651.1 ROMS
    EDIT:
    I just uploaded new files for 4.24.651.1
    (for 4.22.651.2 use files that don't say 4.24.651.1)

DISCLAIMER:
    I take no responsibility for this messing up your phone. Make sure you make a nandroid backup before attempting this

THIS IS ONLY FOR DEODEXED ROMS BASED ON THE FINAL 4.22.651.2 OR 4.24.651.1 RELEASE!

Thanks to chris1683, Calkulin, Aamikam and vaelek (I reversed the one from SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 - and I think those are all of the people that contributed to it - let me know if I forgot someone)

You're too kind...

I'm not sure I understand your frustration completely since I am a hillbilly (or hick, you can choose which word to describe me with). I do know, however, that I have contributed something to this community (besides scathing remarks about 4G 1 2 3 4). I wish you all the best in your future endeavors however, and thank you for the criticism.

Can you post a guide one what you edited as far as XML or smali?

I'll see if I can whip something up...
    Hotspot Hack for HTC EVO 4.22.651.2 ROM

THIS IS ONLY FOR DEODEXED ROMS!

Thanks to chris1683, Caulkin, Aamikam and vaelek (I reversed the one from SPRINT LOVERS | 2.2 | 3.70.651.1 - and I think those are all of the people that contributed to it - let me know if I forgot someone)

great job will give it a shot
    Why not just use wireless tether? Is there a difference?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Also Wireless tether is Adhoc, hotspot is not.

Wireless Tether = Adhoc 1 to 1 connection
    Hotspot = Router 1 to multiple connections.

Some devices do not allow adhoc connections
    Wifi Tether works fine. Used it for 8 connections before.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk