[Android 4.0.1+] Trebuchet (CM9) Launcher

Search This thread

MrKalach

Jan 21, 2007
Hlk
Long time I waited a backup function, but didn't wait it. And I made this app, TrebuchetBackup. Work with this application is very easy.

known bugs: widgets don't restore properly

ps. I think that topic starter might post link to first post

Last edited:

lildark7

Nov 3, 2012
where I can get the latest version JXD S7800A. Cyanogenmod no. has installed a Stock Rom which is Android 4.2.2.

lower the APK and get an error saying "sorry the application Trebuchet has stopped" any way to make it work? rather needed the HP Tocupad Trebuchet with CM9 to install in my JXD.

EvanVanVan

Jun 27, 2009
I just pulled Trebuchet from CM10.2, and installed a shortcut to be able to access it's settings. But every time I selected Number of Homescreens or the Default screen, Trebuchet force closes. Anyone have any different luck?

I'm on a 4.4 Moto X, rooted and installed Trebuchet to /system/app. I even tried freezing the default launcher, with no luck.

Thanks

pavel989

May 16, 2008
I just pulled Trebuchet from CM10.2, and installed a shortcut to be able to access it's settings. But every time I selected Number of Homescreens or the Default screen, Trebuchet force closes. Anyone have any different luck?

I'm on a 4.4 Moto X, rooted and installed Trebuchet to /system/app. I even tried freezing the default launcher, with no luck.

Thanks

Same thing on cm11 sgs4

EvanVanVan

Jun 27, 2009
Same thing on cm11 sgs4

I haven't had a chance to try, but after installing Google's Dialer just now I saw the launchers, dialers, etc were installed to /system/priv-app in 4.4. That might be the fix since we were both trying to install on 4.4, move it to priv-app instead of app...I'll try it when I get a chance...

Mike7143

Jan 5, 2014
I haven't had a chance to try, but after installing Google's Dialer just now I saw the launchers, dialers, etc were installed to /system/priv-app in 4.4. That might be the fix since we were both trying to install on 4.4, move it to priv-app instead of app...I'll try it when I get a chance...

I just pulled the Trebuchet.apk from the Motorola Droid RAZR/RAZR MAXX (CDMA) CM 10.2.1 (cm-10.2.1-spyder) and put it in system/priv-app and made it rw-r-r. Everything seems to work EXCEPT you can't change number of home screens, default home screen, and number of dock items.
Otherwise, works to remove google search bar, hide dock divider and indicator, split apps and widgets in drawer, and you can hide apps in drawer. Not sure why it FCs on changing number of homescreens and number of dock items though. I'm on a Verizon Moto X 4.4 developer edition, rooted, unlocked.

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?type=stable&device=spyder

Reactions: EvanVanVan

EvanVanVan

Jun 27, 2009
I just pulled the Trebuchet.apk from the Motorola Droid RAZR/RAZR MAXX (CDMA) CM 10.2.1 (cm-10.2.1-spyder) and put it in system/priv-app and made it rw-r-r. Everything seems to work EXCEPT you can't change number of home screens, default home screen, and number of dock items.
Otherwise, works to remove google search bar, hide dock divider and indicator, split apps and widgets in drawer, and you can hide apps in drawer. Not sure why it FCs on changing number of homescreens and number of dock items though. I'm on a Verizon Moto X 4.4 developer edition, rooted, unlocked.

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?type=stable&device=spyder

Yeah, thanks for trying it. That was the main reason I wanted to use it was changing the number of homescreens and the default homescreen. Oh, well I switched the Google Experience Launcher and it does what I wanted anyway (left most homescreen being default).

Reactions: Mandrakerj

nospamboz

Oct 18, 2011
Faulty icon labels?

I use Trebuchet launcher on my i9100 under CM 10.2.1. It's simple but effective, and I like it.

One problem I've had for several CM versions: Occasionally on some apps the icon label on the homescreen changes from something normal ("Aldiko") to something not normal ("com.aldiko.android"). The label in the app drawer is fine, it's just the homescreen. I can re-create the homescreen icon from the app drawer, and it's OK for a while, but then it reverts to the not-normal form and stays that way.

It only happens on a few apps (Aldiko, PocketCloud), so maybe it's some incompatibility between their packaging and Trebuchet. Settings reports "Trebuchet 1.0".

Like I said, I like Trebuchet. I've tried a few others, but you can't beat Trebuchet for simplicity, if you ask me. The bug I experience is somewhat cosmetic, I know, but if it's fixable or if there's a workaround, I would like to hear it. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts