Privacy protection for your DX2!

Search This thread

LaserChicken

Apr 27, 2010
So I had no luck using the combo of OpenPdroid, Autopatcher and pDroid Manager. I was able to create the patch, but just like Pdroid, it failed to install. OpenpDroid is supposed to support Gingerbread, ICS and JB whereas Pdroid only supports Gingerbread--so I was initially very hopeful.

Anyone else use Autopatcher? Maybe I did something wrong?

I used the command this way:

./autopatcher <CM10RomName> openpdroid
Like I say, the patch and the restore are created just fine, but they won't flash.

Maybe I'll see if I have any luck making a patch for Eclipse, but I'm doubtful.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well it worked for me so I'm hoping it will work for the rest of you. I used the 1.31 version of Pdroid to create the patched zip files and it worked. Good luck and remember NAND BACKUP before you do anything...

Also I did not wipe anything after flashing the patch file... and lastly it takes a few minutes for the phone to get past the cm7 boot animation so be patient.
    Settings options are:

Check = allow
    Graph = random spoof
    Gear= set the spoof value
    Slashed Circle= block
    And then there is a check box in the top right corner to enable notifications for just that app.

Sent via Tapatalk on my CM7'ed DX2
    CM7 Update & PDroid

For any of you running PDroid you should UNINSTALL IT before you install DZK's cm7 update. I am in the process of creating a new zip from the update to reinstall PDroid after applying DZK's update.

I'll post the new zip file soon but wanted to get this info out for now.

I didn't uninstall it first and it broke PDroid, force close, every time I tried to open it. Fortunately I did a nand backup so i could start over.
    Will you post a patch for eclipse 2.1. Im not being lazy just don't really understand fully the process of creating the patch and our home computer is a major pain

yep, no problem, post it later today

Sent using XDA app from my abandoned DX2 running CM7. In dragonzkiller we trust ;p
    What is it?

whoa look at that....

He probably should update the op title. Pdroid is an app that lets you modify permissions app by app with out breaking them. You also have the option of "spoofing" the permissions by sending randomly generate data rather than your phones actual sim, meid, phone #, etc.
    As the app dose not need to run constantly in the back ground it has virtually no impact on battery.
    I highly recommend it, for what that is worth. Check it out at:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19570074

Sent via Tapatalk on my CM7'ed DX2