Unlock lag

Search This thread

majortaylor

Jul 11, 2012
I've started noticing a lag with turning the screen on when my phone is left idle for a while. It's about a sec long and sometimes it's instant. I've Googled and read articles like crazy but no fixes and read it's just a note thing. Any fixes or tips? I've already disabled double tap home and debloated like crazy and turned off magazines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
I've started noticing a lag with turning the screen on when my phone is left idle for a while. It's about a sec long and sometimes it's instant. I've Googled and read articles like crazy but no fixes and read it's just a note thing. Any fixes or tips? I've already disabled double tap home and debloated like crazy and turned off magazines.

Turning off the ripple effect, and the lockscreen sound helps a smidge.

Reactions: majortaylor

majortaylor

Jul 11, 2012
Thanks but tried that also lol. Might do a factory restore and see if it gets better.

majortaylor

Jul 11, 2012
Is it instant for yall or is there just a ever so slight pause between pushing button and fully turning on? Maybe half a second to a second.

majortaylor

Jul 11, 2012
Is this normal for our device?

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
It's because the device has to wake from deep sleep and load stuff. If your lock screen is off, it is having to load your home screen. You may have more on your home screen than what is on the lock screen. I always keep a pin based lock on all my devices. That way it doesn't have to load too much when coming from deep sleep.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Turning off the ripple effect, and the lockscreen sound helps a smidge.
    Go to developer options and turn off the 3 animations