FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Deprecated.

3,117 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,927
 
By SteelH, Senior Member on 11th September 2010, 03:31 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
9th November 2010, 03:20 PM |#121  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!
 
 
18th November 2010, 09:02 PM |#122  
Spacen's Avatar
Member
Flag Jefferson City, MO
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thank you both for this great thread. It is afforded me the opportunity to learn smali/baksmali. I have removed my gps icons and the silent/vibrate icons. It also took me some trial and error (and additional reading) to discover that copying the services.jar file via root explorer is not the same as pushing it with adb. I was encountering some force close errors with the copy method.

I do have a new request/challenge that I have not been able to find the solution for in the forums. I would like to remove my bluetooth icon but only when it is not connected to a device. The fact that it shows an icon when the service is on is a waste of space and does me no good. However, it is useful for me to know at a glance when a device is connected.

I've been playing around trying to figure it out on my own but, as expected, I'm not quite that smart. I think it might be located somewhere in the StatusBarPolicy.smali file.
20th November 2010, 02:30 AM |#123  
PC-48's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me exactly what codes you changed in the HtcCdmaStatusBar.smali to let you have the GPS off icon gone but have the GPS on icon show up when GPS is being used. I wanted to do everything manually because when I flash services_reticle_off.zip file (which works like it should) it brings back some status bar icons that I went through the trouble of removing myself.
20th November 2010, 03:24 AM |#124  
JsChiSurf's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Hacksville
Thanks Meter: 1,403
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PC-48

Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me exactly what codes you changed in the HtcCdmaStatusBar.smali to let you have the GPS off icon gone but have the GPS on icon show up when GPS is being used. I wanted to do everything manually because when I flash services_reticle_off.zip file (which works like it should) it brings back some status bar icons that I went through the trouble of removing myself.

While I've been 100% focused on some other mods that are taking precedence for me right now, if you already self-modded to remove the other stuff, why not just decompile this one (the reticle zip) and redo those in the meantime?
22nd November 2010, 02:24 AM |#125  
PC-48's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Wow that's an excellent idea, I don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place, Thank You.

EDIT: Well now I'm trying to follow step 3. Remove the USB Debugging icon:

So I unzipped services_reticle_off.zip and then opened services.jar and extracted classes.dex from it. I then decompiled classes.dex and navigated to com\android\server\NotificationManagerService.smal i and opened it with Notepad. The code that that step tells you to find (iput v7, v6, Landroid/app/Notification;->icon:I) I can't find anywhere in that file... So I'm just confused if I missed something completely or what...

Anyone know where I can get help with this?
24th November 2010, 05:55 AM |#126  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
OK, so I went to remove clock, alarm, and battery icons from myn's Warm TwoPointTwo RLS4beta. Used AvaBox's inherent smali/baksmali to decompile, edited services.jar as indicated in the relative posts in the first page, recompiled everything, reinserted into the .zip via 7zip, deposited on my SDcard, nand, wipe cache/davlik, and then flashed the modded .zip.

Results? Stuck in the boot splash screen. Hand to pull battery and nand.

Anyone care to look at my services.jar and tell me what I did wrong?
Attached Files
File Type: zip services.jar.zip - [Click for QR Code] (596.6 KB, 1 views)
25th November 2010, 01:45 AM |#127  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,927
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDogMaddux

OK, so I went to remove clock, alarm, and battery icons from myn's Warm TwoPointTwo RLS4beta. Used AvaBox's inherent smali/baksmali to decompile, edited services.jar as indicated in the relative posts in the first page, recompiled everything, reinserted into the .zip via 7zip, deposited on my SDcard, nand, wipe cache/davlik, and then flashed the modded .zip.

Results? Stuck in the boot splash screen. Hand to pull battery and nand.

Anyone care to look at my services.jar and tell me what I did wrong?

Why bother making a zip, you can just adb push it in recovery mode.
25th November 2010, 07:30 AM |#128  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Uh, cuz I know nothing about ADB. :P

Besides, I'd like to mot have to push it everytime I reflash.

Sent from my little black box using XDA app.
26th November 2010, 08:20 AM |#129  
Senior Member
Houston
Thanks Meter: 127
 
More
Error help
Can anyone help me out with this error? Able to make the edits I want but when I try and recompile the classes.dex file I get hung up. Pretty green on this stuff and I've read the threads and did some searching but think I'm at my wits end. Thanks for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	449931  
26th November 2010, 12:22 PM |#130  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,927
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDogMaddux

Uh, cuz I know nothing about ADB. :P

Besides, I'd like to mot have to push it everytime I reflash.

Sent from my little black box using XDA app.

Send me your services jar, tell me what you want modded, and I'll try to make one for you if you want.
26th November 2010, 02:19 PM |#131  
jkinnison90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nelsonville
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Is there a way to change the signal bars to 4 bars like the GSM versions normally use instead of the 6 bars for the Evo?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gps, hide, icon, remove icons, reticle, status, status bar
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes