General **What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

Search This thread

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
Hi everyone,

This thread is a continuation of this thread.

This is here so you can discuss what your next phone/tablet should be, if you're not sure what to pick.

Also, if you need advice as to which device is better than another, then feel free to ask those questions in here aswell.

This is an attempt to clear out all the similar threads being created around these forums.

*NOTE* I will be requesting thread maintenance as and when it is needed, to remove any SPAM comments

Last edited by a moderator:

h1user11

Apr 4, 2024
Xiaomi 14 or Samsung s24+??

Hi, I need help choosing my next phone.

I can't decide between Samsung s24+(exynos) - 860$ (plus I would need to buy charger) and Xiaomi 14 - 780$.

Both phones are great but also both have some issues. Samsung has exynos instead of snapdragon and Xiaomi has this fogging camera problem. S24 has less memory than Xiaomi 14 while it is more expensive - 256 vs 512. In every other aspect both phones are fantastic.

Also I don't really care about the OS, I used oneui in past and now I use miui, so I can adapt to both. ALTHOUGH I find hyperos a little bit more clean and smoother.

I want advice on these. I'd appreciate objective reasoning. Which one would you choose?

Last edited by a moderator:

Niccca

Apr 4, 2024
What is Up guys ?
I am Niccca and recently I dipped my phone in Dal Curry and now after a motherfaq*** oh sorry Motherboard repair the phone is good to go... Shhhh... ! My phone was dead because of Miui and it got bricked Don't tell anyone as I have also posted an Add on OLX selling my phone at 9000.

So I have decided to replace my old Redmi Note 10 pro with Moto Edge 40 neo and I am inviting your ideas to buy a new phone I have 14000 rupee in my account and I only can spent 13999. So please suggest is MOTO EDGE 40 NEO worth Buying in April 2024 ?
gsmarena_006.jpg

HANNAN1996

Oct 10, 2016
Hi
my next phone is just for basic task, like communicating with whatsapp, gmail, scanning QR code for college class attendance ( I think this can be done with 3rd party software like google lens? ), just that.

I already have primary phone, so I won't open youtube,listening to music, etc moreover playing game :D . This phone is just secondary phone.

So, what I'm looking from that phone is just it's durability (I will use it for at least 4 years), and cheapness (since I didn't use it so often then I think it should be cheaper)

What phone should I buy?

Kill Face

Apr 27, 2012
Amazon Fire
I got (a refurb?) Pixel 6 from my insurance after my Pixel 4a died...

I say 'refurb?' because it didn't come with a box, but otherwise looks new. Is there a way to check? e.g. SMART disk report?​

I'm wondering if I should sell it before I scuff it up and buy something like a Pocophone? (I loved the F1, which you can't seem to get these days!)

I can't afford an expensive phone, so I'm looking for something that I can nearly (perhaps 1.5x) cover for the price I might get for the Pixel 6...

Should I just stick to the 6? Is that the best I'm going do? What I want from a phone is performance, reliability, durability and battery life. I don't care about screen or camera. Obvs. I'd like to be able to install a custom ROM.

Sorry if this is the wrong place ask questions like this...

Many thanks,

Kill Face

Apr 27, 2012
Amazon Fire
I got (a refurb?) Pixel 6 from my insurance after my Pixel 4a died...

I say 'refurb?' because it didn't come with a box, but otherwise looks new. Is there a way to check? e.g. SMART disk report?​

I'm wondering if I should sell it before I scuff it up and buy something like a Pocophone? (I loved the F1, which you can't seem to get these days!)

I can't afford an expensive phone, so I'm looking for something that I can nearly (perhaps 1.5x) cover for the price I might get for the Pixel 6...

Should I just stick to the 6? Is that the best I'm going do? What I want from a phone is performance, reliability, durability and battery life. I don't care about screen or camera. Obvs. I'd like to be able to install a custom ROM.

Sorry if this is the wrong place ask questions like this...

Many thanks,
Thanks for moving the thread here.

Any poco haters?

Can't find good reviews!

Reactions: Oswald Boelcke

vgs1987

Mar 26, 2024
Hi everyone, I would like to buy a phone that I will use for root and "spoof camera" "camera injection" app, which one do you recommend? thank you!

Trunksleo

Mar 21, 2011
Hi im looking for buy a phone for my father this are the options

Xiaomi note 13 pro and plus 5g

Honor 90

Poco x6 pro

Samsung a55

Huawei nova 9

Xiaomi 12

Xiaomi 13t

Edge 40

Thanks for your advice.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm looking for a phone that has more than 3 main custom roms and good gps. (using Poco M3 Pro 5G rn)

Phones whose latest versions are supported by atleast 3+ official custom roms:​

More and more device manufacturers are delaying the release of their ROM builds to the open source community, leaving us with a handful of device manufacturers who are very generous - and for whom custom ROM builds are sprawling with official websites. Here are the 7 devices you can confidently buy, who support official custom ROM support - published after filtering 12 active official custom ROM websites -
    1. paranoid
    2. Lineage
    3. evolution
    4. pixel experience
    5. Calyx
    6. Graphene os
    7. Elixir
    8. crdroid
    9. bliss OS
    10. Ubuntu touch
    11. AlphaDroid
    12. Rising OSS

The 7 device series - that will surely provide 3+ official rom support in future:

1. Redmi note series - Note 12 /note 12 turbo/ 12r pro - supported by 8 official custom ROMS
    2. Xiaomi Mi series - Mi 12/12r - by 4 official custom ROMS; Mi 13/13 pro - 1 official custom ROM supported
    3. Poco X series - X5/X5 pro - 6 official custom roms
    4. Poco M series - M5 - 4 official custom roms; M6/M6 Pro - 2 official custom Roms
    5. Poco F series - F5 - 4 official custom roms
    6. Nothing Phone - Phone 2 - 3 custom roms ; Phone 1 - 6 official custom ROMS
    7. Pixel phones - 10+ active official custom ROMS available for latest pixel.

Detailed analysis of these 7 devices with their present state of custom ROM development, attached as a pdf

- to help you navigate and search the latest ROMS easier/ to keep/ edit/ update as a personal guide.

Obviously latest Oneplus, samsung device custom ROM development has stalled. Unofficial release only exist for them.
    Official ROM support for Oneplus stopped with Oneplus 9 series, for Samsung with s10 series. No more official custom ROMS for them at the moment. Unofficial ones do exist.

Based on your budgets and preferences, go for it.
    Cheers!
    dont forget AlphaDroid!!!!! and RisingTechOSS
    On it mate.. .will add it in the list!
    Pleased to hear mate.

Does it apply to redmi phones too?
    Yes, but only in China for now... Some people in other Asian countries have also seen these new restrictions but not everyone has. It'll be instated everywhere else eventually though...
    what exactly are the new BL unlock policies that make it dangerous? where can I read about it? cause I was thinking of buying a xiaomi phone so if the phone is not supported by xiaomi via updates anymore, then I could install a community ROM.
    For now the policies are only in China so if you see one you like, you're good to go but keep in mind you'll no longer receive updates to the stock ROM. The policies will be expanded globally though, it's been all but confirmed.

The policies themselves include gaining level 5 on Xiaomi's CN forums, only unlocking 3 devices/yr, and we waiting for certain times for your request to be manually approved...

See this:

Poco X6 Pro 512 / 12 GB vs Galaxy S23 FE 256 / 8 GB - which one should I buy?​

I want camera to be good but Poco X6 Pro hardware seems so superior

Would it worth to buy Galaxy S23 FE only for camera?
    You are comparing a 2024phone vs 2023 phone.. forget the hardware, in every functionality there is a slight edge for x6 pro

1. X6 2024 Mtk faster than 2023 snap Soc
    2. Better audio quality! (Ldac), better display, faster ram,lighter device
    3. Even camera! Poco's photo procsssing might lag, but its post photo AI features are betfer than samsung
    4. Updates - same -S23 wont get the 7 year updates
    5. Custom rom community - Official roms like paranoid etc. Arrivewithin 1year of release for poco.. and take 4years from samsung! (X5 vs s10)

Addthe hardware, as u told, poco x6 crushes it. Samsungusually never minds the hardware.. So thats fine!

The only savinggrace? If u love oneui/boxy feel of s23! Hyper os has bridged/refines the os gap too..
    Hi everyone,

This thread is a continuation of this thread.

This is here so you can discuss what your next phone/tablet should be, if you're not sure what to pick.

Also, if you need advice as to which device is better than another, then feel free to ask those questions in here aswell.

This is an attempt to clear out all the similar threads being created around these forums.

*NOTE* I will be requesting thread maintenance as and when it is needed, to remove any SPAM comments
    Excellent, I hope this will attract some discussion on new devices so new threads won't be opened.

I am not looking for a new phone right now, well maybe not depending on the outcome of HTC repairing my Sensation I guess. I sure hope to find out tomorrow. I think if I was going to get a replacement now I would probably get the SGS3 over the OneX. I really don't like the non-removable battery and maybe worse, no SD slot. I know why they did it for economic reasons but I am just not going to go that direction. Batteries do not last forever and their maximum charge level goes down over time. I want to be able to plug the SD into my computer and do a local backup. I also want to be able to get a bigger or faster SD if one comes out.
    I am used to Sense but I am sure I could get used to Touchwiz as well, and I just read in the portal that ROM Cleaner works with the SGS3 now, as long as I can rid of the bloat I am content. I am sure that when my contract is done in a year there will be something newer and better out anyways. ;)
    I hope it does aswell. These forums definitely have too many of those threads being created :rolleyes:

I think I'd choose the S3 aswell to be honest. Even though the One X is a powerful phone, the S3 can quite easily out perform it, as it can with most phones.

The only time I'd be looking to upgrade is when mine become redundant, which with having an S2 (which can still keep up with the newest flagship devices) and Xperia S, I won't need to upgrade for a while I don't think.

Sent from Stephen Hawking's rooted wheelchair
    I would take the Lumina. My girlfriend has one and its pretty good.

√ HTC Evo 3D GSM
    √ Android JB 4.1.2
    √ Disarmed Toaster
    √ 4EXT Recovery Touch
    √ Anthrax Kernel 3.7.0 @ 1.6ghz
    Never owned a tablet before.. flirting with the idea of a galaxy tab 2 10.1. As of current, I'm all good with my s3 but I'm kinda interested in what this next galaxy note 2 will bring. Guess I'm some sort of galaxy fan.. ever since my vibrant :p

---> Brought to you in part by my T999 / T-Mobile Galaxy SIII :)