[ROM]MIUI v4 2.3.23 HTC EVO 3D CDMA [03-27-2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

youdug

May 16, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
i had no problem flashing them with twrp touch.
im only getting these laggy lock ups after i flash chad's kernels.
this is the first time using an miui rom and its fast as hell, and the look is clean as hell.
thanks joelz

G.Newton

Jan 1, 2012
Texas
i had no problem flashing them with twrp touch.
im only getting these laggy lock ups after i flash chad's kernels.
this is the first time using an miui rom and its fast as hell, and the look is clean as hell.
thanks joelz

This was my first time using a Miui rom as well. Compared to how Alpha/Beta these ICS roms usually are, it is fast as hell.. all of JoelZ roms have been.

I also used TWRP 2.0 touch and RLS14 worked magic. Only 15 gave me some lag. Can you elaborate on laggy lock ups? Did it just completely freeze in-app on you?

youdug

May 16, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
It will be smooth for a couple seconds, then get really laggy for a couple, then smooth, then really laggy. It doesn't stop. I moved the min to 384, same results. Moved up Max to 1782, same. Changed gov to every one available, same results...

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk

antiphon

Dec 8, 2007
San Francisco
I was getting the same issue using Chad's 14 and 15 kernels on Joelz's CM9. I'm pretty sure it's because the overclocking program you are using (I tried SetCPU, Daemon Controller, and System Tuner Pro) is only clocking 1 core, not both of them. I installed Smoking's CPU Configurator 2.5 and was able to overclock without lag.

Reactions: youdug

youdug

May 16, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
thanks man, maybe thats the problem. i was using something i found called cpu control. i just flashed smoking's config with twrp touch, and chads 14 with flash gui... will update in a minute..

edit: still laggy.. wtf.. i keep swiping back and forth between screens and it gets all bogged down and lagged. i just upped the min to 384 and the max to 1.5, still laggy.

fck it. i dont know. all i did was flash the rom, install smoking's config, then flashed chads 14 thru flash gui.

sorry for cluttering up this thread.

Last edited:

antiphon

Dec 8, 2007
San Francisco
My bad I checked again and I still had System Tuner Pro's init.d script installed. Copy and paste this script into a file and put it into /system/etc/init.d

#!/system/bin/sh
chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
chmod 444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online

The only thing is it will force both cores on all the time, so don't use it if you are not comfortable with that.

ShadowDrake

Sep 22, 2008
Muskegon, MI
My bad I checked again and I still had System Tuner Pro's init.d script installed. Copy and paste this script into a file and put it into /system/etc/init.d

#!/system/bin/sh
chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
chmod 444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online

The only thing is it will force both cores on all the time, so don't use it if you are not comfortable with that.

Sweet thanks. Saving this for later.

sondun2001

Dec 11, 2009
Issues I have encountered so far that weren't mentioned (After browsing at least 15 pages)

When resuming some 3D apps (ex Muffin Knight), screen is blank (Works fine after closing app)
Speaker phone is super low. (Saw a mention of low call volume)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stop if your looking for this rom to work with 4G wimax It doesn't and NO ETA!! thanks for playing!

htc_evo_MIUI2.gif

miuiuslogo.png

Presents the Official

MIUI 2.3.23

This is a community support ROM only!
    The developers do not provide much support for this ROM on these forums
    Support is mostly provided on forums.MIUI.us
    New release come every Friday.

If you haven't heard about this ROM yet then check out the videos in the 2nd post to see it in action!
    This is an excellent ROM if for no other reason than it introduces the first non-CyanogenMod/carrier/manufacturer framework overhaul of Android 4.0.3 and boy what an overhaul.​

Changes from base ROM
    Removed: MIUI App Sharing | MIUI OTA Updater | MIUI Bootscreen | SIM Toolkit

Added: Custom Bootscreen | English Translations | Google Maps | Google Voice Search | MIUI.us Forum app

Download It Here

FILE NAME IS MIUI_V4_PRE1-SIGNED.zip

Don't forget to follow me on twitter @joelz9614

Working:
    • Phone Calls
    • Audio/Sound
    • SMS
    • Data: 3G
    • Wi-Fi Updated Drivers
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS and AGPS Better
    • Touchscreen
    • Vibration
    • Charging
    • All sensors
    • Wired earphone/headphone
    • Data usage
    • Hardware Acceleration OpenGL
    • Hardware Acceleration
    • Software video codecs
    • Gallery
    • YouTube
    • MIUI Backup (don’t backup contacts)
    • Screenshot (menu+down volume)
    • MIUI Themes

Not Working:
    • MMS
    • Anything Camera Related
    • WiMax or 4G Not going to happen

1. Big Thanks to
    2. Tripnraver
    3. Chad.goodman
    4. Preludrew
    5. Scott951
    6. toastcfh
    7. bigrushdog
    8. warttack
    9. And many more If I missed you pm me and I will add you to the list
    mine :) :)

joelz for developer of the year 2012
    So with Chad's new R14 kernel, will camera work now but just cant see the preview of what you are taking a picture of? Or is it still completely broken in this?

EDIT, nm Ill go test this myself and see. lol. Ill report back later what happens

i got a special 4.0.3 kernel coming out in a few days
    i gotta finish my kernel for this - i wanna run this, just refuse to use other kernels
    and my kernel had sdcard, bluetooth and stuffs working