CANT flash custon rom on DROID 3 at all!!

Search This thread

greek_lover_69

Oct 5, 2009
Greece
Well i have Droid 3 phone! and i have no chance to flash a custom rom!!

I have rooted the phone i have installed safe strap!

I go into the SS menu and put my phone into Safe Mode... All fine till now!
Then i go to install zip etc.. i choose my zip and it seems to be installing! But the install procedure seems to finish very soon... in under a minute its says completed succesfully...

so i clear dalvik cache user data etc and reboot.. but nothing happens... the phone gets stuck with a black screen and nothing happens... i have to disable Safe Mode so that the phone can boot up in its old state! i have donwgraded the phone to the old sbf but nothings seems to work!

I really do not know why... so any advice would be very helpfull!!!

Last edited:

Pokelover980

Dec 25, 2010
I don't know if it will fix your issues, but you're supposed to do all the wiping before you flash, not afterwards. You could have wiped system as well when you did those wipes, so it would have completely undone the whole flashing process.

Reactions: greek_lover_69

greek_lover_69

Oct 5, 2009
Greece
you are probably using rick#2's modded safestrap 1.08f
use 1.08e or hashcodes 1.08

emm NO... actually i^m usng hashcodes 1.08 - official... but i also tried the modded one. but the same results occured!!!
i forgot to mention.. in recovery when i try doing a cwr recovery some kind of error shows up saying that this opperation cant be completed... i dont know if this has s.th. to do with the other issue! and also tried first deleting user data and stuff and than flashing... but no result at all!!!

Last edited:

aross6

Jan 5, 2009
After you enable “Safe System”, you must then go to the “Mount” menu and choose “Format System". Then Wipe Data & Cache, Install Your Custom Rom, Wipe Data & Cache, and reboot.

If the SKIP the step of going to "Mount" and "Format System", you will get stuck on a black screen upon reboot 100% of the time!

Hope this helps!

greek_lover_69

Oct 5, 2009
Greece
After you enable “Safe System”, you must then go to the “Mount” menu and choose “Format System". Then Wipe Data & Cache, Install Your Custom Rom, Wipe Data & Cache, and reboot.

If the SKIP the step of going to "Mount" and "Format System", you will get stuck on a black screen upon reboot 100% of the time!

Hope this helps!

these are the steps i follow:

1. Make sure the ROM .zip file is on your SDcard
2. Reboot and access recovery as above.
3. Select Safe System
4. Turn on Safe System (this should take a few minutes as it is copying the userdata to an unused partition)
5. Power off and reboot into recovery (have not verified this is acutally necessary)
6. wipe data (in main menu)
7. wipe cache (in main menu)
8. Select mounts and storage
9. Format /system
10. Back to main menu
11. Select Advanced
12. Wipe Dalvik Cache
13. Main Menu
14. Install zip (your ROM) from SDcard
15. Reboot (should take a good while to boot, up to 5 minutes)

i am no developper... but i followed this simple steps... :pP and still BLACK SCREEN.. :)))

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey

Hope this helps!

I never format system. Never had a problem

Sent from my XT860 using xda premium

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
these are the steps i follow:

1. Make sure the ROM .zip file is on your SDcard
2. Reboot and access recovery as above.
3. Select Safe System
4. Turn on Safe System (this should take a few minutes as it is copying the userdata to an unused partition)
5. Power off and reboot into recovery (have not verified this is acutally necessary)
6. wipe data (in main menu)
7. wipe cache (in main menu)
8. Select mounts and storage
9. Format /system
10. Back to main menu
11. Select Advanced
12. Wipe Dalvik Cache
13. Main Menu
14. Install zip (your ROM) from SDcard
15. Reboot (should take a good while to boot, up to 5 minutes)

i am no developper... but i followed this simple steps... :pP and still BLACK SCREEN.. :)))

Have you tried a battery pull. Sometimes after flashing I get that and after a battery pull it boots up fine

Sent from my XT860 using xda premium

Seirÿu

Aug 3, 2011
Redding
other ROMs?

Have you tried flashing a different ROM? - I know your post says at all but just want to check :)

I've never used SS though to be honest...

greek_lover_69

Oct 5, 2009
Greece
Have you tried flashing a different ROM? - I know your post says at all but just want to check :)

I've never used SS though to be honest...

yes sure!! as i mentioned i tried 5-6 different ones! :) cm7 cm9 maverick eclipse etc etc.. tried them all! :) no safe strap? what else?
tried to install some other recoveries but none seemed to work!! i installed them. but couldnt boot to any of them!

Last edited:

greek_lover_69

Oct 5, 2009
Greece
sounds like you may have a corrupted system..have you tried to sbf then re-root?
i would give that a try

i have done that too!! cause i was on the new verizon rom so i sbf to the old one! :) maybe this is the problem.. with the new update from verizon there was s,th. installed on the device that does not allow me to flash anything?! is this possible? and despite i sbf my device!!??

Last edited:

ovelayer

Mar 19, 2011
spokane
i have done that too!! cause i was on the new verizon rom so i sbf to the old one! :) maybe this is the problem.. with the new update from verizon there was s,th. installed on the device that does not allow me to flash anything?! is this possible? and despite i sbf my device!!??

were you on .906 when you did your sbf? and if so did you use the .906 sbf or the .890?
if you were on .906 and used the .890 that would be your problem..

greek_lover_69

Oct 5, 2009
Greece
were you on .906 when you did your sbf? and if so did you use the .906 sbf or the .890?
if you were on .906 and used the .890 that would be your problem..

its possible... i will look at it tommorow cause i have all these files on another PC!
lets says i did what u mentioned... what has happened?

ok i looked it up right now i am on the ,890 so the other version must have been the,906 i returned to the ,890 cause on the other version i could not flash!!!

so give me your lights! :) what happened!

Last edited:

ovelayer

Mar 19, 2011
spokane
its possible... i will look at it tommorow cause i have all these files on another PC!

ok i looked it up right now i am on the ,890 so the other version must have been the,906 i returned to the ,890 cause on the other version i could not flash!!!

if you were on .906 and used the .890 some files could not be reverted back so you would have a ton of problems...which it sounds like what has happened to you lol...simple fix..head on over to my thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1686911 and download the 1click and follow the directions and you will be back on track

greek_lover_69

Oct 5, 2009
Greece
if you were on .906 and used the .890 some files could not be reverted back so you would have a ton of problems...which it sounds like what has happened to you lol...simple fix..head on over to my thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1686911 and download the 1click and follow the directions and you will be back on track

it is not a problem that i am on the 890 right now? do i maybe have to upgrade to the 906 first and than do the one click?

ovelayer

Mar 19, 2011
spokane
it is not a problem that i am on the 890 right now? do i maybe have to upgrade to the 906 first and than do the one click?

if you are on .890 then you need to use the .890 sbf
if you are on .906 then you need to use the .906 to .890 sbf

but to me sounds like you were on .906 and used the .890 sbf...just a guess from the info though

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you are probably using rick#2's modded safestrap 1.08f
    use 1.08e or hashcodes 1.08
    I don't know if it will fix your issues, but you're supposed to do all the wiping before you flash, not afterwards. You could have wiped system as well when you did those wipes, so it would have completely undone the whole flashing process.

Hope this helps!

well yes.. i was on the 906 and i used the 890.. so right now i am on the 890!!!

yup..and that is why you have all your problems...
    download my 1click sbf and use it...
    then reinstall the .906 ota
    then reroot
    then install safestrap
    and you will be good to go

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

p.s.
    dont forget to root .906 use motofail