FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OFFICIAL] SGH-T999 Galaxy S III Chat Thread!

5,057 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,355

By saranhai, Inactive Recognized Developer on 19th November 2012, 11:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th December 2012, 04:46 AM |#221  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 3,139

Donate to Me
More
after playing with the Galaxy Nexus, Note II, One S/X I would go for the SGS III easily, I havent played with custom roms on any of them, but I doubt it would make that much of a difference on how they preformed. The Note II was just a weak device in speed and such (I know sense is a "pretty" UI) Note II was just too much for me (Size). Galaxy Nexus was slow to me. Nexus 4 is the only other phone I'd jump too, but no SD or removable battery is a big letdown for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to mt3g For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mt3g Ad-Free

11th December 2012, 05:00 AM |#222  
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnut22r

I don't want to interrupt, but I've been following you guys. Don't blast me, I'm just curious, why do you guys prefer the s3 over other devices?

Assuming you could, would you choose this phone again?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I'll be honest the one thing that made me jump after it was the upgraded ram but once you have it you see why it's one of the best phones made, I was HTC all day prior to this but there isn't an HTC device made that matches it's multitasking, all devices should work this way in my opinion. Everyone has their own taste in os options and touchwiz is one you have to get use too but options is the last thing your worried about with 30 million sold and devs from everywhere are buying them, if you like a dev from Sprint and your on T-Mobile you still have the option to flash his work. All of the devices are the same to a point and having 4 development sections worth of work to choose from is a big draw for and crack flasher.

Sent from my GS3
The Following User Says Thank You to Orical For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Orical Ad-Free
11th December 2012, 05:24 AM |#223  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 1,097

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orical

I'll be honest the one thing that made me jump after it was the upgraded ram but once you have it you see why it's one of the best phones made, I was HTC all day prior to this but there isn't an HTC device made that matches it's multitasking, all devices should work this way in my opinion. Everyone has their own taste in os options and touchwiz is one you have to get use too but options is the last thing your worried about with 30 million sold and devs from everywhere are buying them, if you like a dev from Sprint and your on T-Mobile you still have the option to flash his work. All of the devices are the same to a point and having 4 development sections worth of work to choose from is a big draw for and crack flasher.

Sent from my GS3

My wife just recently got the GS3 ,I really like it and so does she.She wont let me touch it because she is afraid I am gonna bring it out in my computer room where my toys are and bring back all jacked up ,She wont let me change a thing she demands it stay exactly how it came.But it is eating me up inside I just want to MOD it up and see what its got..but oh well!!
11th December 2012, 05:36 AM |#224  
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGJACK@SS

My wife just recently got the GS3 ,I really like it and so does she.She wont let me touch it because she is afraid I am gonna bring it out in my computer room where my toys are and bring back all jacked up ,She wont let me change a thing she demands it stay exactly how it came.But it is eating me up inside I just want to MOD it up and see what its got..but oh well!!

LMAO My wife would be exactly the same, I usually lay on the pressure and withhold "Things" till I get what I want I usually get my way after a while.
11th December 2012, 05:50 AM |#225  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 250

More
In the meantime in the off topic thread. I am close to leasing a Toyota hybrid sedan. Trust me I am ahead on the lease vs buy equation. Who likes their hybrid?
11th December 2012, 06:55 AM |#226  
Account currently disabled
Flag Virginia beach
Thanks Meter: 3,765

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I don't want to interrupt, but I've been following you guys. Don't blast me, I'm just curious, why do you guys prefer the s3 over other devices?

iv always owned htc since the mytouch 3G,3G slide, Mytouch 4G ans now the sensation. I would like a change,tired of htc updating policy and after working the gs3 for a while....now i want one.
11th December 2012, 10:54 AM |#227  
Thanks Meter: 233

More
Quote:

Sent from my GS3

Can you really flash a took ROM from any Dev section for any s3 variant? I would have not know that unless I asked, and you answered. I would have assumed I needed to stick with the T-Mobile thread

11th December 2012, 12:46 PM |#228  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Do not flash a rom from another carrier. The att ones seem to be okay but that us it.
11th December 2012, 01:03 PM |#229  
Thanks Meter: 233

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbofkc

Do not flash a rom from another carrier. The att ones seem to be okay but that us it.

Okay. I don't have the phone. Yet. So I will read up on everything if I get it

11th December 2012, 02:54 PM |#230  
Dallas
Thanks Meter: 125

More
Quote:

Sent from my GS3

I want to thank you for your recommendation, Orical. Your a man of your word. I upgraded both mine and the misses phones to the GS3 and we couldn't be happier. I agree with you that the increase RAM makes a huge difference. I haven't rooted my phone yet since there seems to be an issue to the routing method on JB, but once it's ironed out I'm there. It would be nice to clean up the bloatware.

Sent from my SGH-T999
The Following User Says Thank You to 4Orr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 4Orr Ad-Free
11th December 2012, 03:52 PM |#231  
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 716

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The Galaxy s3 is the best phone I've ever used. It comes with the best processor , 2 gigs of ram, 16 gigabytes of memory, expandable SD card slot, NFC chip, great screen size, 8 megapixel camera, and the stock rom TouchWiz is amazing. Smart stay sbeam , and many other features make it beautiful

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imilleson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift imilleson Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)